• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Trying New Drugs For The First Time And Not Meeting Your Expectations?

Let's see.... cocaine? I guess I was pretty disappointed with blow until I started shooting up.

Methamphetamine was epic win first time, so was MDMA and cannabis and most of the other drugs were all amazing the first time.

Oh right, SHROOMS! Did not enjoy my first time.

Cocaine was meh. I always prefered D-amp, but now that Ive been done with amps completely I do enjoy Cocaine quite a bit. Even did it Thursday-Monday one weekend haha.

I never expected to feel the way pot makes me feel before I had done it. I thought it was gonna feel mellow and relaxing, not intense at all, but instead, I tripped balls for s few hours, not expecting psychedelia at all.
So any of you blers have ever been underwhelmed by drugs because of false hype? Most of my expectations were completely wrong, and thus drugs surprised me when I started taking them as i didn't expect anything that happened, and so much was new, and I was discovering the truth behind what I was told about drugs my whole life, and I know I'm not alone here in feeling that drugs either didn't live up to their hype or that exceeded their rep.

The same thing happened to me the first time I smoked marijuana. All my friends in high shcool told me it made them feel relaxed, lazy, sleepy. So I made up my mind to try it thinking the high was a more mellow version of alcohol.
I tried it in a couple of times and I felt close to nothing. I was very disappointed.
Then came the time that I took the big joint my friend was smoking and I took six or seven big long drags from it. I held the smoke for quite some time in each of them.
BANG! full blown panick attack...I did not uderstand what was happening. I even had some some rapid visual hallucinations from it.

About cocaine, all the times that I did it in a social setting, together with friends, drinking, and had just one or two small lines I thought it was crap. Didnt understand how people could get addicted to it. I only realized the power of coke when I decided to buy and do some big, fat lines by myself.

no drug lives up the the hype. or else you can never truly understand what you're reading until you experience the feeling for yourself. at least that's what ive come to find

About cocaine, all the times that I did it in a social setting, together with friends, drinking, and had just one or two small lines I thought it was crap. Didnt understand how people could get addicted to it. I only realized the power of coke when I decided to buy and do some big, fat lines by myself.

same, i got fed up with getting a mild buzz, so i cut three FAT lines of some fire ass coke one time, and i was riding that fucking train!

Good question, BigFan!
As soon as I saw this one thought popped into my head- Opana.
My Oxycodone IR (which I am back on, thank goodness) was losing its effectiveness due to tolerance. I'd heard SO much about how much better Opana (IR) was than my Oxy, so when my MD suggested this, I was pleased.
What a disappointment for me! No matter how much I took, it did very very little for my pain. Wasn't pleasurable in any way for me. It actually made me feel sad and isolated :(
There are two positive things that came from my 3 weeks or so of oxymorphone use:
When I was switched back to oxycodone IR, it was MUCH more effective than it had been...guess it was just due to not taking it for that time period.
I had my curiosity satisfied :)

never did coke but heard its awesome...dont like stims...i like downers so thats my extents

i LOVE weed...now words can describe a weed high, but i feel like whenever my connect is out of town or people throwing out names, weed that you dont get from your guy ( ex. friends smokes u up, other dealer says he has some "bomb fire piff" ) is the most overhyped shit...

tramadol-sucked the hairs of the hairiest ballsac...absolutely nothing

codeine- nothing...

benzos are the ultimate letdown unless you have anxiety is which they are the best

alcohol- i mean shit, i got a dui, and havent drank for a year and a half...

first couple times with kratom until i found my vendor...

i actually just bought some 5X salvia today...and i dont know what to expect...

never did coke but heard its awesome...dont like stims...i like downers so thats my extents

i LOVE weed...now words can describe a weed high, but i feel like whenever my connect is out of town or people throwing out names, weed that you dont get from your guy ( ex. friends smokes u up, other dealer says he has some "bomb fire piff" ) is the most overhyped shit...

tramadol-sucked the hairs of the hairiest ballsac...absolutely nothing

codeine- nothing...

benzos are the ultimate letdown unless you have anxiety is which they are the best

alcohol- i mean shit, i got a dui, and havent drank for a year and a half...

first couple times with kratom until i found my vendor...

i actually just bought some 5X salvia today...and i dont know what to expect...

Regfairfield,
If you have time to explain, what is the last drug you mentioned? ?

The first time i booted heroin i didnt even get a rush. Matter of fact, the first 6 or 7 times i didnt get a rush. I was like whats the point went back to snorting it and then decided to boot one day.... Boom, just like that. Now i cant stand the thought ot snorting it, it just makes me wanna yuke my brains out.

Just weed, but hell I was really young back then and probably thought I'd see dragons flying around and shit. Ahhh, the delusions and innocence of youth. Everything else I tried either lived up to my expectations or I just didn't know what to expect.

I smoked crack and all it did was make me feel bad whacked out and caused me to shake bad then wore off in 10 or so minutes... don't get the hype about it from them crackheads. Also antidepressants I expected them to make me feel somewhat normal, nah didn't do shit and I was on multiple ones (not at once of course though) and even on 200mgs of zoloft lmfaooooo. I just stopped taking it cold turkey over a week ago.... lol 200mgs and they wanted me to go higher.

Coke is great but I can't stand the AWFUL comedown after a bender, UGH *shiver

COKE!
I really don't like cocaine.
Given, I did it for about two months almost everyday and spent so much cash on it...
I didn't know what I liked about it, only that I wanted/needed more.
Coke is expensive as hell, and not worth my time.

All drugs I've done have met or exceeded my expectations. I'm pretty realistic in my expectations.

I was kind of disappointed that coke and meth weren't as initially crazy as I hoped, and that heroin wasn't even close to an orgasm(not that I expected it, after hydrocodone/oxycodone), but loved them.

The first time I did "coke" sucked, but only because it was bullshit. When I did real coke and rock I was not disappointed8o.

The first time I did oxycodone, I barely felt anything.

It was half of an OC80 (2008 ftw), I didn't take the coating off, just crushed it with a credit card on the bare desk in my dorm room.

Thinking back, little pieces flew everywhere. What an idiot I was.

I snorted the whole thing in a clumpy line or two. I got a little warm sensation and was slightly itchy, but there was no other component to the high at all. No euphoria. I went to bed maybe 1 1/2-2 hours after, I was so disappointed. All the reports I had read on it had led me to believe it was the best thing ever. Now the really funny part is that I can't even remember what my second experience with opiates was, all I know is that it must have been awesome, because I kept doing them.

The first time I smoked weed was underwhelming as well, but it was only 2-3 hits of some mersh so whatever.

Cocaine was meh. I always prefered D-amp, but now that Ive been done with amps completely I do enjoy Cocaine quite a bit. Even did it Thursday-Monday one weekend haha.

It's growing on me as well. I seem to enjoy it more with every time; when I first tried I'm sure it was pretty rubbish, average at best, and I didn't get what the fuss was about (indeed, I didn't get what it was I was supposed to be feeling, other than suddenly less drunk). Even when I got better shit and I could clearly feel the high I felt it was not all that great.

When I first tried smoking high-purity freebase I surmised that I finally "got it", and enjoyed the high, but still felt that it's far and away the worst drug in terms of bang for your buck, and irrespective of price worse than most stimulants. Little by little, I've started enjoying it.

Put a line of coke and a line of dexamphetamine (my stimulant of choice) in front of me and I'll still take the dexamp 98 times out of a hundred (the remaining two times are that occasion when I need to sleep soon, but not quite yet, and the time I feel like sticking a needle in my arm), but god damn, I've gone pretty quickly from "worst drug ever" to "not worth the money" to "it's not great but I've been doing it for 5 days straight. And I have been, since Friday.

Fuck.

2C-B, I went west but it was very good nonetheless and my first introduction to the wonderful world of psychadelics
Salvia, from pure strangeness
Alcohol, I was expecting something less shit to be honest

MDMA met it tooth and nail as I started on an exceptional pill. Bit of a heroic dose mind

I think alot of these answers have to do with not doing enough the first time or having low quality the first time.

But a drug that GENUINELY let me down that EVERYONE was raving about? Xanax....I didn't feel euphoria just slopiness, blacked out, and slept for a long time.

GOing with everyone else, weed (first three times i smoked didn't get high cause i didn't do it right) and mushrooms (low-quality first time didn't eat enough)