• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying lots of psychs...where does it end?

2C-T-7 doesn't last nearly as long as 2C-P ;)

Never felt like a particularly long ride to me, similar to LSD in that respect. 2C-T-7 is notorious for being unreliable in terms of effects though: when I built up my titration range it was all over the place, alternating between stronger and weaker than you would expect. The metabolism is considered to be very complex I believe, with a LOT of metabolites some of which may play active roles. So it may be extra sensitive to what else you have used or even eaten, and the effects of that on your metabolism. So I think it's probably best to make tries as 'clean' as you possibly can similar to how people watch their diets with MAOIs, or should.

Yeah 2C-T-2 was promising to me and I could feel a similar richness that I also know from 2C-T-7 and mescaline: both a golden glowy empathic feeling as well as highly sensitives senses that together orchestrate something lush and absolutely not bland. My GI upset just crossed the effects too much to really get much out of it, and it was only really cool at the absolute peak but the interesting part was way too short and not that worthwhile since the GI issues were kind of persistent. I'm sure it's really great when that balance is more favorable.
My 2C-T-2 came back from the lab as containing an impurity but I don't know how much and if it's just an insignificant bit of precursor that was just enough to be detected.. different batch than the one I tried before I *think*. Hopefully that impurity doesn't ruin the potential somehow.. by like screwing with the metabolism etc.

The ones I consider particularly worthwhile among the RCs are the following (it goes without saying that the classics LSD, mushrooms, mescaline and DMT are worthwhile):

DPT
AMT
Pretty much of all of the 4-substituted-tryptamines, they're all a little different but different enough from mushrooms to warrant using
DOC
2C-E <-- Pretty much the most intensely psychedelic compound I've tried in some ways
2C-T-2
ALD-52
ETH-LAD
I'm probably forgetting a few

But to be honest with you, I really like a lot of different psychedelics and many have their place. Over the past 15 years I've tried somewhere in the ballpark of 35 different psychedelics, and I don't really regret any of them even though some I would certainly not care to repeat. The most important thing is giving yourself time between trips.

cyberius said:
Mushrooms, weed, and LSD.

The RC tryptamines are fascinating but the phens and such are a waste of time and you should stick to the traditionals IMO.

This is a matter of opinion, personally I find both phens and trypts worthwhile as do many others. have you ever tried mescaline? Ever tried DOC? Ever tried 2C-E? These guys rank up with any other psychedelic.

2C-T-7 doesn't last nearly as long as 2C-P ;)
lol :) Yes, I know. Maybe it's more the "not knowing what to expect" thing with 2C-T-7 that kept me from getting to it. And you are right about the peak of 2C-T-2, it's rather short, but I like that about a drug too sometimes.

I just got a feeling and I was right about said feeling apparently :)

Stop beating around the bush. What are you afraid of?

It's not fear. I haven't got the time nor inclination at the moment. Give me a sunny day in the countryside with no responsibilities and I'm there. Unfortunately, far too often life get's in the way of living.

The ones I consider particularly worthwhile among the RCs are the following (it goes without saying that the classics LSD, mushrooms, mescaline and DMT are worthwhile):

DPT
AMT
Pretty much of all of the 4-substituted-tryptamines, they're all a little different but different enough from mushrooms to warrant using
DOC
2C-E <-- Pretty much the most intensely psychedelic compound I've tried in some ways
2C-T-2
ALD-52
ETH-LAD
I'm probably forgetting a few

But to be honest with you, I really like a lot of different psychedelics and many have their place. Over the past 15 years I've tried somewhere in the ballpark of 35 different psychedelics, and I don't really regret any of them even though some I would certainly not care to repeat. The most important thing is giving yourself time between trips.

This is a matter of opinion, personally I find both phens and trypts worthwhile as do many others. have you ever tried mescaline? Ever tried DOC? Ever tried 2C-E? These guys rank up with any other psychedelic.

2c-t-2 over 2c-t-7 ? Curious.

Also with the 4-subs do you think the ho's and aco's are different enough to warrant trying them for each ? I've heard it said only the aco's are worth bothering with. Also although the prodrug argument comes up a lot it doesn't seem like anyone genuinely believes it as most people seem to find some sort of difference. It seems like with some bases popularity leans one way or the other - for example 4-ho-met is seemingly more popular than 4-aco-met, and 4-aco-dipt more popular than 4-ho-dipt.

Last edited:
Yeah I prfer 2C-T-2 very much over 2C-T-7. I never really got to the place that people report in a lot of reports with T-7. Also it felt very recreational, whereas 2C-T-2 has been deeply healing and introspective for me.

The HOs and AcOs are quite similar but there are differences, particularly in some of them. I have tried pure 4-HO-DMT and mushrooms, and 4-AcO-DMT. I find 4-HO-DMT to be quite like mushrooms, but 4-AcO-DMT is not very much like either, it feels more like oral smoked DMT during the first half if that makes sense, same buzzing, same feeling, very different from 4-HO-DMT. The second half is really similar though. But then again, there are those who find 4-AcO-DMT indistinguishable from mushrooms. I have heard people say 4-HO-MiPT is indistinguishable from mushrooms too but for me 4-HO-MiPT is almost an empathogen instead of a psychedelic, it's so much different (but I really, really love it).

It's hard to answer these kinds of questions because everyone is affected differently by things.

A reasonable number you have tried already were never that exciting to begin with; 2ci, 4ho-det, lsz but you answer yourself it’s subjective. LSD,eth-lad,al-lad,DMT,DPT,2c-b,2c-d,2ct-2 all very near the top for me and no fan of shrooms/Aco-dmt regardless of a good proportion liking them. If your bored of things stop - if anything interests try it, just don’t expect others tastes to alway fit yours - dozens of threads like this and beyond DMT,LSD mescaline, psilocybin it get variable.

Best way to "restarting" the magic imo is to give your body and mind a little rest and focus on creative aspects of life instead or go traveling! Usually it does a great job for me and after that I'll have the "magic" back to my trips.

Those are particularly magical for me: DMT (either way of administration), Mushrooms (not all kinds and not very repeatable), LSD (pure love) and ETH-LAD (anime-style lucy!), 2C-P (long and incredibly bright and visual) and 4-Aco-DET (really love it despite of what people say that it's hollow, it's quiet wholesome for me! :p have not tried 4-HO-DET but I assume they're quite different as far as my Aco/HO experiences go).

Also at times I use "magical combo restart":
1) 180mg of Harmaline
2) followed in 20 minutes by 150-200mg of Mescaline (HCL cactus extract)
3) followed in 15-20 minutes by 25-50mg of DMT freebase (depending on desired intensity)
4) followed in about an hour or two by Wow!...8(8o=D

Once again, it's all very personal, I dont like dissociatives, use phenethylamines rarely (mainly because of their rarity and dopaminergic/adrenergic side-effects), and usually favor tryptamines and lysergamides, methylated and/or ethylated in particular.

Would love to try AMT, 2C-E and 2C-B - it's a shame I've missed them when they were available...

I would definitely thrown 5-Meo-DMT on the list. It is the perfect, most direct route to ego-death, though salvia (another one definitely worthy of sampling) comes close. Both tear you the fuck away from everything, though 5-meo-dmt does it more completely. Both are, for all intents and purposes, utterly terrifying. Beware! ;)

I haven't tried many new psychedelics for a while now, I don't have much of an urge anymore. I'm not sure, I probably took 20 or so different psychedelics in my time and have basically found the ones I'll continue using. I will still try the odd new lysergamide if one comes my way, but I find myself more interested in different dissociatives these days. That is where I am more keen on exploring.

Best way to "restarting" the magic imo is to give your body and mind a little rest and focus on creative aspects of life instead or go traveling! Usually it does a great job for me and after that I'll have the "magic" back to my trips.

Agreed, I actually find that when my life has been in a static place, not advancing, that my trips have gotten dull and "routine", if you could call a trip routine. When you have new material to digest in life, psychedelics become much more interesting and rewarding. Whenever my trips become dull, it becomes a reminder to me to spice my life up. Experiencing new things keeps the mind young, plastic and agile, and makes life worth living. And it's always possible, it's just that sometimes we begin to believe it's not. That's one very tangible and valuable thing that psychedelics have been instrumental in teaching me.

Would love to try AMT, 2C-E and 2C-B - it's a shame I've missed them when they were available...

AMT and 2C-B are great, but 2C-E is an absolute gem of a substance, probably the most intensely psychedelic trip I've ever had was on it. It blows all other 2Cs and almost all other psychedelics out of the water in terms of depth and power, for me.

I am still attracted to trying new psychedelics even after all these years and so many different ones. It's partly because I really like psychedelics and novelty, and partly because in the process of trying a bunch of different things I have found a good handful that are really great and that I plan to revisit throughout my life, that each fill somewhat different roles. I see no reason why I won't find some more in the process as time goes on.

But yeah, "it all ends" whenever you want it to. Only you know what is appropriate for you. If you feel uncomfortable about your drug usage and it's not just because of someone else's expectations, then it's best to heed your own warnings.

I would definitely thrown 5-Meo-DMT on the list. It is the perfect, most direct route to ego-death, though salvia (another one definitely worthy of sampling) comes close. Both tear you the fuck away from everything, though 5-meo-dmt does it more completely. Both are, for all intents and purposes, utterly terrifying. Beware!
- if you liked those, you might like Amanitas mushrooms! Ive picked them in Colorado and Washington, they're quite abundant in the fall season, best ones are in the spring though, if you can catch it... Please keep in mind that for reducing the toxic side-effects they require decarboxylation (put in the oven on lowest with open door until absolutely dry and weightless). The high is very very different from typical psychedelics, producing an absolute ego death with a dosage high enough, with low dosages they are fun to add to anything else and for that purpose I usually smoke their skins or make a tea and sip on it slowly.

2C-E is an absolute gem of a substance, probably the most intensely psychedelic trip I've ever had was on it. It blows all other 2Cs and almost all other psychedelics out of the water in terms of depth and power, for me.
- man, Im salivating just by thinking about it... or could it be the smoked Amanitas skin that makes me salivate now?..(it is both :D)

For me the best psychedelic experiences I've had was mixing weed with dissociatives.
K and decent weed
MXP and decent weed
These combinations although not lasting as long as strong psychedelics still warped me into a hell of a trip that no other psychedelics have even come close to, Ive never tried DMT but im guessing that it would be on a par with what I experienced.
I know you said that K or DXM isnt your thing but get the dosage right and it can be very very rewarding!