• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying lots of psychs...where does it end?

kyt

Bluelighter
So ever since finding out about all the various interesting psychedelics ( a very long time ago) I wanted to try a lot of them.

Since then I've had the fortune to try:
2c-b
2c-i
DOC

mushrooms
4-aco-met
4-aco-dmt
4-ho-det
4-aco-dipt
DMT (as changa)

LSD
AL-LAD
ALD-52 (so glad when this finally turned up)
1p-LSD
LSZ

I've still got a few in my stash left to try 4-ho-mipt, 5-meo-mipt, eth-lad, 1p-eth-lad, mescaline, 2c-e & 2c-t-7. I'm expecting most of these to be rather interesting and will likely take me some time to round to trying as I only trip a few times a year, and often take a substance I've tried before.

Really though I'm starting to get a bit bored or find most new things underwhelming. I think I'll always try to keep a bit of 2c-b and ald-52 to hand for concerts and such, and mushrooms appear for free on an annual basis, but the rest of it I don't have much feeling for. I feel I've had enough different chemicals to not be overly intrigued by the novelty of a new one.

So I I have a some questions, aimed at people with similar experience to my own:

Is there anything obvious that I really ought to try before forgetting the rest and sticking with the best (obviously subjective...) the only thing that glaringly missing to me is DPT ? I know some of the guys here have worked through most of what's about so would be great for some input. I guess DOM could be argued for but I find I rarely have the time or appetite for anything longer than 10 hours.

Has anyone else felt psychedelics start to lose their appeal? New or otherwise? or decided to only keep a few old favourites ?

Also to anyone who has worked their way through the majority of the classics, which would your magic 3 be ? (one from each of phen, lys, trypt)

I have tried most of the psychedelics you mentioned, plus a few others, and I pretty much agree with you about sticking with the ones you already like. The popular psychedelics are popular for a reason. I would definitely recommend trying DPT. I consider it one of the must-try psychedelics, up there with LSD and mushrooms.

If I had to choose a favorite from each class, it would be acid, mushrooms, and mescaline, the 3 classics. ETH-LAD, DPT, and 2c-e are very close seconds though.

There's only a select few of psychedelics that I find worthwhile, these are DMT, DPT, 2ce, mushrooms, LSD, 4-AcO-DMT, 2cp, and 2cb.
I still have yet to try mescaline but I'm sure I'll like it too, but the mescaline analogues (methallylescaline and allylescaline were both pretty disappointing to me).

Essentially, stay away from the NBOMe. They have beautiful visuals and are indeed fantastic eye candy, but the safety profile seems too sketchy for me to consider dabbling in them anymore

If your getting bored and have 2C-E, go ahead and ingest 25mg of it

I guarentee it will not be boring

Agree the novelty in my opinion kinda does wear off. I 've tried DMT but did not achieve the break through like experienced something like acid which was extremely short maybe five ten minutes of mild efffects nothing like the full hog DMT can produce going by other peoples experience. Will try it again definetely. Keep to what you like most and by all accounts you seem to have covered a large porportion of them.

The NBOMe I have tried and had a great day on em and another time was'nt so great :) but hey its the way of the game. At the end of the day I chose to do em and the first time with them was great. But they have being scrutinized by people and many recommend against them. I'll try everything at least once in my life I find.

Mushrooms, weed, and LSD.

The RC tryptamines are fascinating but the phens and such are a waste of time and you should stick to the traditionals IMO.

Why don't you increase the dosage? I get the impression you're tiptoe-ing around different psychs trying threshold-medium doses. If you drop 8 hits of acid I guarantee you're going to have quite the night.

Sounds to me like time for a break. You are clearly losing the magic, so what's the point?

About the issue of extending or not your range of substances, you mention you are not intrigued. So IMO trying new compounds without the adequate dose of curiosity on your part would be a waste of time in the best of cases.

I myself have quite a curiosity in new kinds of experiences, so even if I might believe than not so famous compounds are like that for a reason, the novelty is a big plus for me.
For exactly the same reason I love travelling in different countries and eating new food.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like time for a break. You are clearly losing the magic, so what's the point?

I myself have quite a curiosity in new kinds of experiences, so even if I might believe than not so famous compounds are like that for a reason, the novelty is a big plus for me.
For exactly the same reason I love travelling in different countries and eating new food.

I like trying new beers, but only when they look like they are worth trying ;)

cyberius said:
Why don't you increase the dosage? I get the impression you're tiptoe-ing around different psychs trying threshold-medium doses. If you drop 8 hits of acid I guarantee you're going to have quite the night.

Will do a thumbprint of ald-52 when it is time. Not sure how you are inferring my dose from my post, but yes you are right I usually go on the safe side of 20mg for 2c-x and 4-x-x and never more than 300 mcg for lysergides. Will get round to heroic doses as I become more accustomed to psyches.

To the others; 2c-e will be soon. I will seek out DPT when it feels like the next logical step. Might as well try the ones I've got first.

Last edited:
Do you absolutely need to choose between perennial quality (the magical ones) and novelty? They both have their own reasons for being interesting I'd say.

It is certainly fair to at some point wonder if going on some 'collector's rage' has an end, I wondered about that myself because it could sometimes become compulsive. Just simply try to formulate proper reasons for why besides novelty a particular novel (psychedelic) compound would be worth pursuing. Could be something about it that is unlike any other you have tried before, very good and intriguing reports, just wanting to add another new experience to your list and the compound being a good enough excuse... just consider what it means to you.

Yeah I definitely had a more experimental period, whereas now I am content to just rediscover LSD after a pretty long break from it all, sometimes revisiting others. I have no proper access to most of my collection right now and do not intend to 'start over'.

I guess 5-MeO-DMT is pretty special if you're up for it, 2C-C is nice (one of my lesser favorites though still, 2C-B like but with a different 'taste' or character - 2C-D is forgetable to me).

Well, you start off your post by saying you've been finding out about interesting psychedelics - so I'm thinking that any new ones don't necessarily require to be comfortable, sublime or delightful.

I would therefore point you in the direction of Salvia if you want an experience that will most probably catch you off guard. I've found it to be absolutely unique and ferocious in it's intensity and power to kidnap the psyche. Definitely one to add to your list - you won't be disappointed (as long as you take a breakthrough dose of course) and at the very least may be left in a state of wonder, bemusement and mild shock.

Do it before you die =D

Well, you start off your post by saying you've been finding out about interesting psychedelics - so I'm thinking that any new ones don't necessarily require to be comfortable, sublime or delightful.

I would therefore point you in the direction of Salvia if you want an experience that will most probably catch you off guard. I've found it to be absolutely unique and ferocious in it's intensity and power to kidnap the psyche. Definitely one to add to your list - you won't be disappointed (as long as you take a breakthrough dose of course) and at the very least may be left in a state of wonder, bemusement and mild shock.

Do it before you die =D

I've smoked enough salvia to break through on several occasions. It's as you say an interesting experience. I don't count it as a psychedelic and in general do not find dissociatives enjoyable. I'd be curious to try DXM and fly agarics but my experiences with ketamine and salvia aren't making me in any hurry.

Do you absolutely need to choose between perennial quality (the magical ones) and novelty? They both have their own reasons for being interesting I'd say.

It is certainly fair to at some point wonder if going on some 'collector's rage' has an end, I wondered about that myself because it could sometimes become compulsive. Just simply try to formulate proper reasons for why besides novelty a particular novel (psychedelic) compound would be worth pursuing. Could be something about it that is unlike any other you have tried before, very good and intriguing reports, just wanting to add another new experience to your list and the compound being a good enough excuse... just consider what it means to you.

Yeah I definitely had a more experimental period, whereas now I am content to just rediscover LSD after a pretty long break from it all, sometimes revisiting others. I have no proper access to most of my collection right now and do not intend to 'start over'.

I guess 5-MeO-DMT is pretty special if you're up for it, 2C-C is nice (one of my lesser favorites though still, 2C-B like but with a different 'taste' or character - 2C-D is forgetable to me).

Sollipsis; No - of course there's no need to choose and I'm quite happy flitting between trying new things and revisiting favourites. It's just the last thing I tried (4-ho-det) was lacking in character and made me think I'd have done better off eating some mushrooms.

Generally in a sense I try to take the psych that is most appropriate to the situation, which is why stuff like 2c-e and 2c-t-7 are still on the shelf. I reckon 5-meo-dmt is one for the future, after moxy, dpt, and more dmt experiences. It's always intrigued me, however from what I understand it's not particularly visual which does lessen the appeal somewhat. Also reckon due to it's intensity I'd like to get used to being really high before I give it a go.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah Salvia and Amanitas don't seem like ones to return to all that much although some certainly like them..

Of course some of them will come up short, that is to be expected, they just can't all be amazing. Yet, I'm sure under the right circumstances a lot of them can be, many more than show themselves for what they're worth the first time right away. It's a bit of luck with that, since even a proper set and setting don't guarantee anything. I have very nice set and settings on a regular basis yet I still cannot predict special situations and unexpected opportunities, those are often serendipitous.

I have not had that much luck with my one time 2C-T-2 and heard that it generally isn't worth the stronger nausea etc while 2C-T-7 is more favorable (as long as you don't abuse, combine, even snort it), so my 'excuse' for the 2C-T-2 not being appropriate for situations nowadays is exactly that: my idea that the situation doesn't suit it unless I am open to a relatively high chance of GI issues and a moderate chance of it 'shining like a star'. AMT has similar objections that often make me opt for other things, the other thing being LSD because of my more simple menu right now. 2C-E worries me about it's potential body load even though I know about its other potentials. I guess you have similar rationales, necessarily prejudiced where you haven't had the pleasure yet.

What is a successful encounter worth though? I guess a possible lesson for both / all of us is that our rationales may be skewed in their own way and that another questions is: how special can some 2C-T-7 or 2C-E experiences be and how pointless is it to consider it inappropriate for reasons that are strange to try and predict??

I tried 4-HO-MET again last weekend thinking it was a very sure bet, but it seriously backfired and I felt worse than I did on 2C-E or 2C-T-2 or 2C-T-7, I was a bit concerned at the time though in retrospect I don't think it was serious, just highly unpleasant in a way I didn't expect it to be just out of the blue.
This weekend I am out of town to visit a friend so no tripping, but generally a reason for me to want to take LSD again is to basically have favorable odds before I take gambles again that are bigger than the gamble even acid is in the end.

But I guess for me it's equally true that either 2C-T-2, AMT or 2C-E could be very worthwhile candidates for me as long as I feel I can afford to strike out a bit. All considerations are a bit unfair to make too prejudiced about the outcome. :)

Not talking about my prejudices about salvia and amanitas of course haha..

Hmm, yeah Salvia and Amanitas don't seem like ones to return to all that much although some certainly like them..

Of course some of them will come up short, that is to be expected, they just can't all be amazing. Yet, I'm sure under the right circumstances a lot of them can be, many more than show themselves for what they're worth the first time right away. It's a bit of luck with that, since even a proper set and setting don't guarantee anything. I have very nice set and settings on a regular basis yet I still cannot predict special situations and unexpected opportunities, those are often serendipitous.

I have not had that much luck with my one time 2C-T-2 and heard that it generally isn't worth the stronger nausea etc while 2C-T-7 is more favorable (as long as you don't abuse, combine, even snort it), so my 'excuse' for the 2C-T-2 not being appropriate for situations nowadays is exactly that: my idea that the situation doesn't suit it unless I am open to a relatively high chance of GI issues and a moderate chance of it 'shining like a star'. AMT has similar objections that often make me opt for other things, the other thing being LSD because of my more simple menu right now. 2C-E worries me about it's potential body load even though I know about its other potentials. I guess you have similar rationales, necessarily prejudiced where you haven't had the pleasure yet.

What is a successful encounter worth though? I guess a possible lesson for both / all of us is that our rationales may be skewed in their own way and that another questions is: how special can some 2C-T-7 or 2C-E experiences be and how pointless is it to consider it inappropriate for reasons that are strange to try and predict??

I tried 4-HO-MET again last weekend thinking it was a very sure bet, but it seriously backfired and I felt worse than I did on 2C-E or 2C-T-2 or 2C-T-7, I was a bit concerned at the time though in retrospect I don't think it was serious, just highly unpleasant in a way I didn't expect it to be just out of the blue.
This weekend I am out of town to visit a friend so no tripping, but generally a reason for me to want to take LSD again is to basically have favorable odds before I take gambles again that are bigger than the gamble even acid is in the end.

But I guess for me it's equally true that either 2C-T-2, AMT or 2C-E could be very worthwhile candidates for me as long as I feel I can afford to strike out a bit. All considerations are a bit unfair to make too prejudiced about the outcome. :)

Not talking about my prejudices about salvia and amanitas of course haha..

Highlight 1 - Exactly my thoughts. If I have paid a load of money to go to a concert with an artist I really want to enjoy then I don't want to take a gamble that I'll be feeling sick all evening. Ditto with social circumstances - although friends are aware that I can be a victim of nausea, they often forget in the moment and find it difficult.

Highlight 2 - Where I am leaning towards more recently as well - issues may be just as likely to happen with old familiars as unknowns. As an aside, generally feeling less physical side effects recently since cleaning up diet, smoking less and doing more exercise.

Not really what I meant, highlight 1 yes I guess that is a lesson to be learned, but for example with 2C-T-7 I definitely experienced things that I would not experience with LSD, no matter how much I repeat it, it's just different enough. 2C-E is another one that I have not gotten that value out of but am sure it's in there....
So the lesson balancing that other one is that some of these compounds do hold special treasures, and that it is a mistake to presume that you can just as well get other treasures just from taking the old familiar classics at the right set and settings. I mean, on the one hand: yes that proves to be special, but on the other hand some of the more tricky ones can be special in yet different ways and it would be an absolute shame to not give 2C-T-7 a chance because of what it might ruin... it's just very hard to make up a proper balance of what it might ruin vs. its treasures if the latter is something abstract to you. Just use it responsibly and it should be ok. I did take several tries to establish a titration curve, so I guess that's an investment... but if you rarely trip then you can just not count the tries that lead up to the full-length feature.

Don't shelve 2C-T-7 too long... I can't guarantee you will have success with it right away (who can ever guarentee such a thing - I for one have pretty much only had successes with it though), but you will eventually run out of good reasons to avoid it IMO.

If you are opposed to the exotic ones like 2C-T-7, whoever you are, I wouldn't push you... but if you decided on it and then pretend it's not worthy then I'd say it is.

Is there anything obvious
5-MeO-DMT
ayahuasca
freebase DMT

But it depends what aspect of psychedelics interests you.
You mentioned taking psychedelics to concerts, and those 3 would definitely not fit the situation

I didn't grow bored of psychedelics, but I definitely find that the "new" ones are so similar to those I've tried that they don't bring anything new.

I'd like a new "Big one" to be discovered.
The ones I consider "Big ones" are 5-MeO-DMT, DMT (smoked, and eaten), salvia, ketamine (k-hole dose)
It would be great to discover a qualitatively different psychedelic of similar power

I haven't tried ibogaine or datura yet. So I don't know if I'd put them in that category.

Out of curiosity, you could try DiPT.
It's definitely interesting to have tried it once; and I don't know of any other one that has such auditory effects.

I have not had that much luck with my one time 2C-T-2 and heard that it generally isn't worth the stronger nausea etc

What? I never had any nausea from 2C-T-2, and it's definitely one of the most worthwhile 2C's.

If you are opposed to the exotic ones like 2C-T-7, whoever you are, I wouldn't push you... but if you decided on it and then pretend it's not worthy then I'd say it is.

Oh I am sure too. From what I've read, in some ways it sounds like it might be the top of the lot for phens. Certainly have higher hopes for it than 2c-e or even the mescaline.

2C-T-2 definitely was nauseating and difficult for me the one time I tried, and ended up only being OK. 2C-T-7 was usually completely fine for me (all of them always orally), unless maybe one time where there was only mild inconvenience. Mescaline has been probably more visionary and wise than 2C-T-7 for me, but 2C-T-7 combined it all: the insight mescaline also had, but milder (mescaline tends to give me real 'soul-quest' type visions that show me what to do!), I had extremely personal conversations with my best friend that were just extraordinarily touching, but at the same time they were rich in sound, smell, rouch, color, just everything!

2C-E has a neutral tone to me, but is impossibly deep and analytical somehow, which lends yet another type of wisdom that instead of empathogenic may be more existential, as opposed to spiritual or creative or any of the several kinds of wise!!
There is overlap between spiritual and existential of course, and many more types of overlap.. I guess it's complex.

I like trying new beers, but only when they look like they are worth trying ;)

Will do a thumbprint of ald-52 when it is time. Not sure how you are inferring my dose from my post, but yes you are right I usually go on the safe side of 20mg for 2c-x and 4-x-x and never more than 300 mcg for lysergides. Will get round to heroic doses as I become more accustomed to psyches.

To the others; 2c-e will be soon. I will seek out DPT when it feels like the next logical step. Might as well try the ones I've got first.

I just got a feeling and I was right about said feeling apparently :)

Stop beating around the bush. What are you afraid of?

Yes, Solipsis. I don't doubt 2C-T-2 was nauseating for you, it seems to be a common side effect to many people with some of the 2C's. It's funny and strange how drugs can affect people so differently. I really do rank 2C-T-2 as one of the best and most special of the 2C's that I've tried (D/B/C/E/P/I/T-4) Completely smooth ride. Visually wonderfully alien and synthetic. Ironically, I never tried 2C-T-7 because I was worried it would make me nauseous and last too long, just going by PIHKAL. Maybe I should just get around to it then.....I have a feeling it'll probably be just as good to me as T-2 is. :)