• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

tripping on lsd for the first time in my room

Here’s the experience of a 58 year old (first LSD experience at 14).

Substances used during my teenage years: LSD, DOM, and psilocybin mushrooms.

Frequency: Twice a month in 72-74, mostly LSD and DOM occasionally. About 6 times a year in 75-77, mostly LSD; psilocybin mushrooms occasionally. Occasional weed smoking.

Reasons for taking it: Initially, curiosity. After my first experience, a very high dose of LSD that produced a classic plus four experience, it shifted to self-exploration, experimental philosophy and fun. Also, I wanted to look at the world without the restriction of social conditioning and to see things as they are (if such thing is possible).

Setting: Amusement parks, rock concerts, movie theatres, walking in City streets and parks, high school, bicycle rides, canoe trips, camping, dark room with head phones, in bed at night.

Positive effects: Speeding of psychological maturity; algebra turned out to be very easy; bullshitting me became very hard; more critical view of society; enhanced appreciation of nature and art.

Transient negative effects: Feelings of social alienation; problems to sustain endeavour; dropping out as a way of life.

An early trip report:
In 1972, I went to an Alice Cooper concert. Me and my buddy bought blotters at a park nearby the stadium and dropped just before getting in. Let me tell you it was strong stuff! Fortunately we were at a considerable distance from the stage, Alice looked like a demented bug far away. It turned out that the melting concrete stairs were far more interesting and the show was kind of incidental. When I came back home around midnight, my mother was furious. I couldn’t figure out if she was on TV or if the stand-up comic on the screen was in our living room, I couldn’t stop laughing…Anyway mother knows best and she sent me to bed. I was still peaking and I awed at the acid hyperspace lying in the dark. A few hours later, she was asleep and I got up to listen to Hendrix and Pink Floyd with the headphones in the dark living room…Eventually I considered setting more seriously and tripped at older friends places (hippie communes) and in nature while camping.

Outcome: I matured normally, left home at 16, worked odd jobs, travelled around the world a few years, did illustration for top advertising agencies, got married, bought a house, finally got my degree in biochemistry, worked in research (neuroscience) for a while, went to raves in the 90’s, gave psychedelics another try, dropped out and now I’m a salesman in a posh art gallery.

I’m currently into optimal healthy lifestyle, yoga, meditation, backpacking in nature, snorkeling, micro-dosing psychedelics and occasional full on trips. I do not use any other drugs or medication, health is still perfect.

Every second of my life is a great adventure.

Have fun 81roby!