View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

tripping on lsd for the first time in my room

81roby

Greenlighter
Okay so I can finally get a dose of lsd I think I might get it on monday and trip tuesday night in my room while my parents are asleep. Ive done drugs like weed, dxm, diphen. I plan on doin it at 9:30 wen my parents go to bed, and go to my room on my peak, im not scared of my parents being awake while I trip cuz they dont talk to me at
Night. I just wanna chill in my bed and mostly hear music like dusbtep and melbourne cuz ive heard it sounds amazing wen ur high, ive done a shit ton of research on acid to get prepared so what do u guys think??

Sorry this post is too big or dosent bwlong here

Okay so I can finally get a dose of lsd I think I might get it on monday and trip tuesday night in my room while my parents are asleep. Ive done drugs like weed, dxm, diphen. I plan on doin it at 9:30 wen my parents go to bed, and go to my room on my peak, im not scared of my parents being awake while I trip cuz they dont talk to me at
Night. I just wanna chill in my bed and mostly hear music like dusbtep and melbourne cuz ive heard it sounds amazing wen ur high, ive done a shit ton of research on acid to get prepared so what do u guys think??

Sorry this post is too big or dosent bwlong here

Find a friend to do it with if you can. It will make the experience of doing it at home a lot more fun. If you can go out somewhere safe in nature during the day that would be even better (sunlight looks amazing on acid)

Find a friend to do it with if you can. It will make the experience of doing it at home a lot more fun. If you can go out somewhere safe in nature during the day that would be even better (sunlight looks amazing on acid)

I agree 100%

Friend+nature+sun = FUN

You will probably have a lot of fun, provided that you are comfortable with yourself. If you really want to see magic though, take it on a warm summer evening out in nature, with some good friends.
Also keep in mind, that it will be 8:00 am, you are still wired, and juuuusssttt want to go to sleeeeep. Heheh.

You only get one first trip. I'd make it count.

This so much. Being locked in a room, with no where to go will feel like a hindrance. When your parents are sleeping, and they can't wake up, you'll miss a lot of freedom. And freedom is what you'll need when things feel like they can go bad. You need to be able to blast music, get a friend to come over, or something when you feel like you need it. Not having this freedom can end very badly.

That's not to say you can't have a great experience, my first trip was by myself in my room with my mother sleeping on the other side of the wall, and had a great time. Just be careful when doing things like this.

I wouldn't even be so worried about having an awful time. It is a concern though, absolutely - you don't want the stress of keeping the noise down and staying in one small, claustrophobic space for twelve hours while you enter a completely alien mindset for the first time.

It's just more likely to be mediocre. Especially compared to what it could have been. If your first trip is, say, in the mountains, or trekking through a forest with friends, or walking over rolling sand dunes watching the sun set... you'll never forget it in your life.

For the record, my first trip was alone in my bedroom. I regret it.

Haha thanks guys im just goin to take it on friday at my friends house in his basement wich is huge

Wow... that sounds even way more horrible than tripping in your bedroom... lol

Tripping in a basement... Way to go buddy

If it's a chill ass basement, I see no reason why it wouldn't be awesome -_-

Personally, my first trip was in a prison-esque dorm my freshmen year, and it was effing fantastic. LSD will make for a wild journey, no matter the location. The thing to always keep in mind with LSD is that you'll be feeling the effects for a good 12 hours. It's easier to do it in the day time when you're naturally awake, as if you take it at say 10pm when parents go to bed, you'll likely be up until 5 or 6 the next evening.

Also, "if it's bitter it's a spitter" is very important. If the blotter has any definable taste, spit that shit out for your own well-being.

Hahaha yea a basement sounds even worse. You want to be outside, man. Also, if you say you listen to dubstep and melbourne bounce, I'm going to assume you mean brostep and melbourne. And quite honestly, that's all going to sound like shit while on LSD.

If you like electronic music and want to listen to it while tripping check out Clubroot, Bonobo, Shpongle, John Talabot (his album, fin), Odesza, Boards of Canada (actually, this one I recommend the most, get the album Music Has The Right To Children), Exist Strategy, Animal Collective, etc.

Pink Floyd is probably my favorite ever on LSD, but to be honest, with how young you are there's almost no way in hell you have actual LSD and instead have NBOMe, so it probably won't lend itself to Pink Floyd in the absolute perfect manner LSD does.

^How old are you psy997? I'm inclined to believe you were born in 97 making you quite young (by your name, maybe you're a lot older lol I don't mean to attack you but to simply play devil's advocate). Instead of berating the OP and saying he has fake blotters, let's just advise him to spit if he tastes anything (especially if it's bitter as fuck!) And while the OP's music taste is questionable and to be quite frank offensive to my musical sensibilities, people have the right to listen to whatever they want (although I second Boards of Canada, Animal Collective, and anything from the period between 1965 and 1975!). I don't believe in any electronica on L, but I do on MXE. Perhaps when the OP smokes weed, he listens to ska (lulz). In the end who cares?

My advice would actually be to stay indoors, because IME it works out better for making me feel secure. I've only ever tripped outdoors twice, and on mushrooms at that. You probably know yourself better than we do OP! If you're a homebody like me, doing it indoors will be great. If you're an antsy, wired individual who needs to get out and about, then do just that. The thing about LSD is everyone does it differently. Trip however you like OP; we may have strong opinions on the best way to trip, but in the end only you know the best way for YOU to trip.

Best wishes, your first L experience is something unlike anything else before or after. I'm jealous of you :)

Hey, man...

My very first LSD trip was in my friends basement. We set up tapestries and blankets hanging down from the wall to separate the basement into "rooms." Each room had a different color scheme (red, blue, and green lights) and interesting things/activities in each room like trippy posters, fruit, silly putty...

OP disregard these haters, you absolutely can make this an amazing first time. You don't have to go all out like me and my friends did, but the more you prepare for this the more fun you're likely to have.

Have fun! Be safe <3

^How old are you psy997? I'm inclined to believe you were born in 97 making you quite young (by your name, maybe you're a lot older lol I don't mean to attack you but to simply play devil's advocate). Instead of berating the OP and saying he has fake blotters, let's just advise him to spit if he tastes anything (especially if it's bitter as fuck!) And while the OP's music taste is questionable and to be quite frank offensive to my musical sensibilities, people have the right to listen to whatever they want (although I second Boards of Canada, Animal Collective, and anything from the period between 1965 and 1975!). I don't believe in any electronica on L, but I do on MXE. Perhaps when the OP smokes weed, he listens to ska (lulz). In the end who cares?

You're inclined to believe I was born in '97? I'm honestly disappointed my posts around here lately haven't gotten me more recognition, but alas, it's a big forum. I'm 21. I wasn't berating him, just stating that with him being obviously in high school, there's almost no way he has real blotters. Not an insult in any way, just the truth.

When it comes to the music, the problem with psychedelics and electronic music and actually hip-hop too, is that anything with samples that aren't perfectly layered is noticeable and unpleasant to the ears. I tried listening to Nas' Life is Good album while on LSD a few years back and I could hear every single little break and cut in the samples that I normally could not pick up on. It made everything sound disjointed and just not good in general.

I was just going by your username hah, meant no offense. I didn't mean to express that you sounded child-like in your posts. I'm only 22, but I've seen a decent amount of LSD these past years. The NBOMe craze is indeed an epidemic, but I think if we just help the OP to understand what's what, he can at least be safe and maybe even find some real L in the future if his is bogus.

I simply believe that certain genres are suited to certain drugs. Reggae to weed, EDM to X, '60's psychedelia to LSD, ambient and electronic to MXE, etc.

Again, sorry if I came across as rude, not my intentions! I just wanted to explore all angles. If there's one thing LSD has taught me, it's never to take anything at face value.

Last edited:
Hey guys so i never tripped that day but did like a year later and spended the most of my peak on 2 hits on a car with my dad listening to music, i felt like i could control the acid as if i had done it 100 times and dad did not get sospicious, and since ive tripped about 7 other times, one being otsode the rest in my room alone, and i actually took a high dose 3 good hits alone at nigh and was awesome and yes i get straight lsd and im turning 17 this year.

Not to be condescending, but you really shouldn't be doing psychedelics at that age. 21+ seems like a better (safer) choice. Not saying you can't have a good time otherwise, but your brain is still developing, it's an important period in your life, which really shouldn't be colored by such potent mind-altering substances.
Be safe!

Yeah, from a HR perspective, this sounds like a bad idea.

Not that people haven't got away with worse, but as a general rule... If you're still living with your parents, it's probs not the ideal point of your life to start taking psychedelics.

As a general rule... If you're still living with your parents, it's probs not the ideal point of your life to start taking psychedelics.

There are certainly exceptions to this, but I strongly agree with it as a general rule that holds 99% of the time. Using psychedelics is SO MUCH BETTER when you have your own space that it almost seems like a waste to try getting away with it before you do.