• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 2012

wow a lot of good tracks between 100 & 200. in my mind does just go to show that timing plays a massive part. thought nero ,sbtrkt, cut copy, digitalism would have ranked higher though from memory their stuff was released pretty early in the year.

unlucky the middle east track didnt make it in. shitty they even broke up, i really enjoyed 'i want that you are always happy'

yeah hottest 100 was not at all what i expected. tbh i'd not heard 2 of the top 3 - which has me concerned on several levels...

Happy that Flume was the most awarded artist - well deserved imo. ive whinged about tame impala elsewhere but same goes here...

Just saw 360's Child at #159 - now that is a fucking travesty. Punishment for releasing a track too early in the year perhaps - all the punters have short memories and attention spans... :p

Can't complain too much as I didn't actually vote this year. Recorded rage on saturday night too - altho it only recorded up to track #2 - no great loss i guess.

it was no real surprise of the top 10..

i thought "I Will Wait" By Mumford & Sons was going to be 3 though, but was stoked that Alt-J got it.

Amazed neither of the bloc party tracks got in, same with Japanroids... There is a good article on fasterlouder about the winners/losers of the hottest 100, like twinsy with waterbombs, 3rd most played songs on triplej in 2012 and it didnt make it at all???

If we look at the last 5 years of hottest 100, they have all been commercial radio played songs, which i guess it a changing of the guard, i dare say most of these songs would of got their first spin on JJJ though

2008 - Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon (Thrashed on Commercial Radio) That being said KoL kinda sold out with that album, he use to mumble in all his songs, that album you could hear every word clearly
2009 - Little Lion Man - Mumford and Songs (Again thrashed) - It was a damn yokel with FUCK in it..
2010 - Big Jet Plane - Angus And Julia Stone - Didnt this win best song in the ARIA's??? I dont mind A&JS but Rock It by Little Red should of won that year
2011 - Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye Feat Kimbra - Never heard the song... i assume its ok???
2012 - Well, we all know who won this year... Honestly, the song doesnt bother me, the radio edit bothers me because its like a new song...

Ok, i think i have ranted enough now, its 10:30pm, i should head to the pub... Mundine might be getting knocked out soon =D

No suprise, 360 shouldnt of been in the top 200.
Alex and tom suck, #sucessfulnerds
Mundine should have been knocked out

360 has alot of haters, I dont really like him or his music either, but when one of his tracks came on the H100 and triple J tweeted it, the comments after it were eye opening, no other artist that I saw copped so much agro and hate.

i think he sort of plays on the hate and enjoys it...seems like its part of his badass rappers public persona 'yo fuck yall'

i dont really like his shit though i heard him do an interview on jjj with the dr during the sydney big day out and he was actually pretty fucking funny

Wow, this thread really goes to show how people's taste can be so different. I think "get free" is such a sweet tune!! but I'm glad most people agree that thrift shop is a massive fail...like seriously.. such a let down. Same goes MIA bad girls - even though it came it at 99...such a shit song.

2011 - Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye Feat Kimbra - Never heard the song... i assume its ok???

Dude. You've been living under a rock if you haven't heard this song ;) I even heard it in a supermarket in the middle of freaking Ecuador last year.

Dude. You've been living under a rock if you haven't heard this song ;) I even heard it in a supermarket in the middle of freaking Ecuador last year.

Theyre being sarcastic as it was overplayed everywhere :p

Theyre being sarcastic as it was overplayed everywhere :p

Haha yeah that's what I assumed. I was travelling in Europe this time last year and that Gotye song was everywhere.

ch0psy said:
Im stoked Porter Robinson - Language got 104 as it was my number 1 song of last year, its been ages since a dance/electronic song has given me tingles like that song

I agree with you there, although the novelty wore off it pretty quickly for me, Language really is a top song,