Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 2012

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
Guys and gals, what's your verdict on the hottest 100 this year? Happy with the result? Who did you vote for/think should've won?

Here's the top ten:

1. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - "Thrift Shop"
2. Of Monsters and Men - "Little Talks"
3. Alt-J - "Breezeblocks"
4. Flume - "Holdin' On"
5. Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait"
6. Major Lazer Featuring Amber Coffman - "Get Free"
7. Tame Impala - "Elephant"
8. Frank Ocean - "Lost"
9. Tame Impala - "Feels Like We Only Go Backwards"
10. The Rubens - "My Gun"

I love that Rubens song, top tune. I really dislike 'get free' though, I don't understand the popularity of that one.

I love the flume track. Was surprised the Rudimental didn't rate higher than the teens for both track.

pretty weak year imo

i hate that shitty thrift shop song, how that got the most votes is beyond me.

flume, frank ocean, rubens i can understand but the others are weak imo.

i voted for angus stone - wooden chair. who did everyone else vote for?

I was hoping for some aussie hip hop in the top 10, but seems it didn't happen. But alot of Aus HH artists got in the list, like Chance Waters, Illy, Seth Sentry, Hilltop Hoods, 360 and more probably that I cant recall.

Last edited:
laugh, why did your name have a + next to it in the user list, are you special?

wk1x89.png

no idea mate?

i thought i was only special in my own mind.

waits for 'special' comments.. :)

Last edited:
you know how to do a screen shot on your comp? Mine's a mac, i do 'command + Shift + 4' and select the part I wont to screen shot, or else it is 'Command + Shift + 3' for a full screen shot, then i goto http://tinypic.com/ and it's pretty quick to UL it to there and then it gives you the url to post straight into message boards (like here) (the tags and all).

It seemed weird, as the + part wasn't blue, it was black and wasn't able to be clicked on, like all the names are.. Dunno the deal there.

yeh on a mac. i could screen shot but didnt know about the comm/shift/4 one, cheers for that, im sure that will come in handy.

as for the mystery +, i got no idea? something is playing up by the sounds.

Oh staaaahp it you two, its because you guys have added each other as friends on here :D

Ps : macs suck

are you calling me special? i think you are. so are you stalking me or pd? haha :?

quick somebody make a comment regarding the hottest 100..

ok, it saddened me that they had tom and alex (possibly the worst presenters in the history of jjj) present the top 20.

Last edited:
I too was surprised that 'Not Giving In' wasn't higher. Overall I was happy enough with the 100 this year. Not many people share my taste in music so I'm used to not getting my way.

There have been way worse number 1's than Thrift Shop, I didn't actually vote for it but was happy with that outcome.

That thrift shop song is fucking lame.
I seriously couldn't believe my ears when I heard that garbage being played as the number 1 track.
I would have liked to see Tame Impala or some group with actual music talent win it.. But I guess this nation had shit taste in 2012.

Oh staaaahp it you two, its because you guys have added each other as friends on here :D

Haha yeah, that's it. Any friends you have on BL have the + beside their name on your browser.

tripnotyzm said:
That thrift shop song is fucking lame.
I seriously couldn't believe my ears when I heard that garbage being played as the number 1 track.

I agree that thrift shop doesn't deserve no.1. I don't hate it, but it's a beige song to me - non descript. I feel like it's because the novelty just hasnt worn off it yet - it's been a fairly recent rotation on Triple J. It's a timing thing as much as anything, IMO.

Haha yeah, that's it. Any friends you have on BL have the + beside their name on your browser.

Ahh ok cheers.

I'm not really sure what the add friends thing on here is about, I was kind of tempted to deny the friend request (like I usually do), I don't really accept them as a general rule, and may cut it sometime, but I was in a happy mood at the time.

What does adding someone on here actual do? I mean you can see a little + next to their name, what else?

Ok, I'll try...

yeahbutno has not made any friends yet
:( Do you wanna be friends? lol...

Wait, how do you know all this? Have you been talking about me? Should I trust you? hehe.

poledriver said:
What does adding someone on here actual do? I mean you can see a little + next to their name, what else?

You can set it so that you can only receive pm's from people on your friends list, or only have friends see your blogs (if you have one). It's an added layer of security for people who only want to have people they've selected be able to contact them on here. If you don't have any of those settings on though it doesn't do much, just a way to show people you care, aw ;)

Triple J everyone!

^ Sorry :(

Back on track -

It’s time to fire up the BBQ again, with triple j promising a countdown of the “next Hottest 100” tracks for the first time this weekend.

While the Hottest 100 also-rans have been revealed in the past, this is the first time the station has dedicated a live countdown to the songs which ranked 200-101 in the publicly voted poll. The countdown will begin at 10am this Saturday (February 2).

Listeners may be able to find some solace in the Hottest 200, which is likely to feature some big omissions from the main list including Japandroids, Cloud Nothings, Twinsy and Cat Power.

This year’s hottest 100 countdown has been somewhat controversial after a group of maths geeks from Brisbane successfully predicted the top three winners in their correct place, as well as every song that would make the top 10 on their Warmest 100 list. Earlier today, the station announced that it would “make a few changes to the system to avoid spoiler attempts” such as the Warmest 100 in future polls.

Speaking to FL this afternoon, Nick Drewe from the Warmest 100 said they wouldn’t be releasing their take on the Hottest 200 ahead of the count. “We might do a comparison of the lists after the 101-200 has aired on the weekend, but we won’t be putting anything out before it airs,” he said. “As we all saw on Saturday, the data is a lot more inaccurate down that end of the list.”

And if that’s not enough Hottest 100 news for you, triple j will be replaying the entire count this Sunday, starting at 10am.

http://www.noise11.com/news/triple-j-release-their-hottest-100-to-200-20120208