• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tried Abilify for a week, and felt like I lost my train of thought. WHAT HAPPENED?

t_kamin3

Greenlighter
Dear Forum:

For a while I was doing amphetamines but decided to abruptly stop. Fast forward a few months and most of my family thought that I was starting to show symptoms of schizophrenia. I don't blame them, but I did not agree. A family member took me to see a psychiatrist who put me on Abilify samples for two-weeks.

Less than a week in to the "treatment", I started to drink wine every night while still taking the Abilify.

On the last night of the week, I smoked some marijuana and came home and started to go hay-wire. My thoughts were racing, like I was watching the end of a playbook or something. Anyway, I completely stopped taking the medicine and ever since then, my mind has not been right.

I rarely find myself thinking anymore, my motivation has left me, and I pretty much feel like my brain has stopped working. Does anyone know if it is possible if Abilify mixed with alcohol and marijuana can cause something like this? I've never seen this before in my life.

Any help is appreciated. It's been maybe two years since this incident took place and I still am unable to get back to myself. I stopped all illicit drug use for over a year now and it has not helped at all.

Thanks

Sounds like the psych had reason to diagnose you with schizophrenia. It's possible that has just been worsening over the last two years. What were your original symptoms that concerned your family?