• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol

TanMan101

Greenlighter
Hello, I was wondering if taking 600mg of tramadol a day is safe? I usually take 300mg at a time I know there is a risk of sezuires, and is it safe to use with other opiates?

As with any opioid (full agonists anyway, not like kratom), high doses carry respiratory risk.

max dose 400mgpd

Last edited:
Tramadol is an odd drug. It was widely prescribed in the UK for a while until the death-toll rose. It isn't just an opioid, it also stops pain via it's interactions with monoamines which is why it carries a seizure risk.

Put simply - I survived 500mg of tramadol, but I do not recommend it. For it's effects, it's just not worth it. For a while the UK switched to dihydrocodeine as a safer alternative but not would you believe that oxycodone is popular? I mean 5mg of OCi s supposed to be as effective as 60mg of DHC... but I can see that changing.

The UK has DHC... then morphine. Nothing in between. Seems like a BAD plan but the NHS will buy in bulk (enough for a nation of 60 million odd people) so they tend to choose just a few things to get that discount.

It's worth checking out the UK OD figures for tramadol to get some idea of how dubious it is.

The maximum dose per day is 400mg anything over that your risking seizures.

I don't find that tramadol above 400mg (in a day) increases the opioid effects at all.

You'll just feel twitchy & weird like you're gonna have a seizure.

Try stacking your dose... as in, take 100mg, then wait 30 mins & take the other 100mg... & so on..
Tramadol metabolizes into ODSMT (the stuff you want) more efficiently this way. It'll be stronger & a little longer lasting than taking it all at once.
You may find you can get by on your 300mg this way instead.

I don't find that tramadol above 400mg (in a day) increases the opioid effects at all.

You'll just feel twitchy & weird like you're gonna have a seizure.

Try stacking your dose... as in, take 100mg, then wait 30 mins & take the other 100mg... & so on..
Tramadol metabolizes into ODSMT (the stuff you want) more efficiently this way. It'll be stronger & a little longer lasting than taking it all at once.
You may find you can get by on your 300mg this way instead.
This, stacking it was the only way I got anything out it, personal don't care for it at all.

This, stacking it was the only way I got anything out it, personal don't care for it at all.
Yeah, tramadol itself as the parent compound is a super weak shitty partial agonist / weak snri....

But it's metabolite is a full agonist & you get more of it, if you take tramadol with tramadol already in your system.

oh wow 400mg is a treshold said by scientific paper that what? gave 400mg to an epileptic to see will he get a seizure?

No...we have data from ER from the whole world where it says that 400mg is treshold?

Erowid is like Holy scripture in that and I see people taking 1500mg...why the fuck are you taking that dosage???

No wonder we are in shortage of medicine and no wonder we don't have ADHD in EU cause US 350.000 people frickin drank all the amphetamines in the world!!

And somehow there are UFO's only on US soil!

Just take 100mg if in pain every 6 to 8 hrs or 50mg but if you are 120kg on scale take 1 or 2mg/kg

I'm to addicted to It's feels like meth no sizuer I'm from an third world country even chemicals meths heroin are mix with what ever in the hard ware I'm staggering dose taking it once end up jittery and anxiety the only problems is constipation once opiods effects in full effect Half an hour when. I stop I got flu buzzing and depressed .. tregrtol can be a good withdrawal or prozac but I don't want that .. well that's life it's hard here no money no free