• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol???

massacrepanda

Greenlighter
So I've spent the last three years snorting Norco.. Currently out and feeling like shit obviously.. I've currently got some Tramadol. I'm just wondering what the high difference is like and even then broken down further as to snorting vs eating them or if they just aren't worth it at all.

Also how much difference is there in the pain relief as well?

Snorting Norco is a huge waste because there is SO MUCH acetaminophen and fillers that very little of the Hydrocodone will actually be absorbed. You are MUCH better off swallowing them.

Snorting Tramadol works a little but not as well as eating them. Tramadol needs to be metabolized by the liver into O-Desmethyltramadol to be fully effective. You need to stagger them, too. Take one or two and then another one every 30 minutes or so until you get where you wanna be.

As a myself i am a Opiod naive person. Be aware the Mu-receptor effect's of Tramadol take a while to come on. So staggering every 30 minutes would be a bit rushed. As the Opiod effect's really only start at the 1 1/ 2 to 2 hour mark. Although this depends on the individual and there specific liver enzyme concentration.

Before that there is probably an SNRI effect noticeable. But when Tramadol is metabolized to o-DSMT it could hit hard when overdone.

As a myself i am a Opiod naive person. Be aware the Mu-receptor effect's of Tramadol take a while to come on. So staggering every 30 minutes would be a bit rushed. As the Opiod effect's really only start at the 1 1/ 2 to 2 hour mark. Although this depends on the individual and there specific liver enzyme concentration.

Before that there is probably an SNRI effect noticeable. But when Tramadol is metabolized to o-DSMT it could hit hard when overdone.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I always took it (past tense as I switched to Dihydrocodeine 3 years ago) on an empty stomach as I felt the effects noticeably stronger. If you've eaten it takes longer to be absorbed and take effect. If you've just had a snack you'll probably start feeling it within an hour or so but if you've had a large meal it could take up to two hours, as @emkee_reinvented said. Thanks for adding to my comment with extra information, btw, emkee :)

OP: Do you take any anti-depressants? If not you'll probably get an extra bit of euphoria due to the SNRI (Serotonin Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor) effects of Tramadol. But this does come with a cost as Tramadol is BAD when it comes to withdrawal as you are essentially withdrawing from an opioid and a SNRI at the same time.

Another thing I thought I'd mention: Tramadol lowers your seizure threshold and taking more than 400mg/day can cause seizures in some people, especially if you are vulnerable to them or have a history of seizures. Personally, I've taken up to 1350mg in a day and not had one, but everyone is different and people on here have talked before about having a seizure from only like 600mg. So be careful with it until you know how it effects you.

Stay safe and good luck!