• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Tramadol vs Oxycodone

I only tried Tramdol once when i was dopesick and it worked keeping me well but i didn't get a good buzz. Felt to anxious

Let's be honest when you get a serious opiate habit oxycodone doesn't really even do shit. You'd need a lot of 30s to catch a real buzz. It sucks.
Yeah man I only got the chance to try oxy after I got on methadone. 200mg didn't really do much when I was used to 95mg+ of meffy a day. I was gutted cos I was really keen on trying it for years but it's not too common in the UK.

Yeah man I only got the chance to try oxy after I got on methadone. 200mg didn't really do much when I was used to 95mg+ of meffy a day. I was gutted cos I was really keen on trying it for years but it's not too common in the UK.
I was going through a gram or two of heroin every day or two with my ex five years ago or so. Friend had some oxys that I spent money on and she got super pissed at me for wasting money lol. Yeah they don't do much in that state.

I remember the first time i took oxycodone, it was a 5mg percocet and i was wasted. Now i wouldn't even feel it. When i would run out of my oxy script i would get heroin and after that oxy didn't do alot. It gives me energy oddly enough but i don't like the buzz now. I take drugs to mellow out not to be up all night fidgeting with bs

Nothing to discuss really, aside from trams being bastardized frankenstein opioids that feel more like an SSRI and is totally worthless from a certain dose on due to the seizure risk. No idea why doctors in the US like to prescribe that Untermensch of an opioid...
Because they go to prison and/or have their careers destroyed if they prescribe a real opioid.

The goal is to get the chronically ill on fentanyl and dead asap to save insurance company donors money and to also worsen the overdose numbers so the DEA can steal more tax revenue to “fix" the problem.

Because they go to prison and/or have their careers destroyed if they prescribe a real opioid.

The goal is to get the chronically ill on fentanyl and dead asap to save insurance company donors money and to also worsen the overdose numbers so the DEA can steal more tax revenue to “fix" the problem.
I’ve had 3 different pain management doctors close down their practices over the years out of fear of losing their licenses or going to jail. One of them literally told me all of a sudden in 2020 he kept getting phone calls saying if he didn’t stop prescribing what he had been to patients for years (the duration of his entire career actually) that he would be facing serious legal ramifications. He was a great doctor with a lot of empathy that helped give people a better quality of life as much as he could … he was older & a couple years away from retirement but had to close the practice down because the threats were becoming too much

I’ve had 3 different pain management doctors close down their practices over the years out of fear of losing their licenses or going to jail. One of them literally told me all of a sudden in 2020 he kept getting phone calls saying if he didn’t stop prescribing what he had been to patients for years (the duration of his entire career actually) that he would be facing serious legal ramifications. He was a great doctor with a lot of empathy that helped give people a better quality of life as much as he could … he was older & a couple years away from retirement but had to close the practice down because the threats were becoming too much
What state?

My psychologist was also the psychologist for a pain management doctor and he swears to me that they fucked this pain doctor over and he was doing nothing unethical.

Anyways the pain doctor was sentenced to 15 years for refusing to cut off all his patients. He was in his 60s so he will die in prison full of murderers and gang members.

My psychologist counseled him during his trial and before he went to prison.

I can’t even imagine.

The fuckers that are behind this persecution of doctors… oh man I can’t even put into writing what they deserve.

What state?

My psychologist was also the psychologist for a pain management doctor and he swears to me that they fucked this pain doctor over and he was doing nothing unethical.

Anyways the pain doctor was sentenced to 15 years for refusing to cut off all his patients. He was in his 60s so he will die in prison full of murderers and gang members.

My psychologist counseled him during his trial and before he went to prison.

I can’t even imagine.

The fuckers that are behind this persecution of doctors need to be executed by that state, and what sweet poetic justice would it be if that lethal injection was with fentanyl as some lethal nectar done with.
New York

You know, I could address the points you've made but it wouldn't be the first time you simply stop responding (like that thread where you falsely accused me of promoting people to shoot up pills and didn't have the guts to apologize after I set the record straight) so I honestly won't even bother...

You know, I could address the points you've made but it wouldn't be the first time you simply stop responding (like that thread where you falsely accused me of promoting people to shoot up pills and didn't have the guts to apologize after I set the record straight) so I honestly won't even bother...

The max daily prescribed dose of Tramadol hcl is 400mg. Any higher than that and seizure risk goes up substantially. In my teens I personally suffered 3 seizures using at the 400mg limit so ymmv. Anyhow, in the spirit of this thread I will say that oxy is the superior opiate and isn't a dirty opiate with SNRI properties. WD from Tramadol is horrible, especially with the dual opiate/anti-depressant action. I've taken 1000s of them over a lifetime and sometimes crave the anti-depressant side of them and the minor nod you get off them.

oxy is the superior opiate
I don't wanna sound like a smartass, but oxy is an opioid and not an opiate. Opiates are the molecules that directly come from the opium poppy, like morphine, codeine, thebaine, etc., whereas opioids are quite literally anything and everything that has an opiate-like effect. So semi-synthetic and fully synthetic opiate-like compounds, such as methadone to oxycodone to heroin, etc. are all opioids. Thebaine, the biosynthetic intermediate of the morphine pathway from which oxycodone is synthesized, is an opiate alkaloid, but oxy itself is an opioid compound. Even completely natural molecules like mitragynine, which is the active metabolite in the Kratom plant and has zero botanical relatedness with papaver somniferum (not the molecules but the plant itself), are opioids.

Yeah, yeah I know, we natural scientists are awful 😁

anything other than tramadol. that stuff gives me a brutal headache.

I don't wanna sound like a smartass, but oxy is an opioid and not an opiate. Opiates are the molecules that directly come from the opium poppy, like morphine, codeine, thebaine, etc., whereas opioids are quite literally anything and everything that has an opiate-like effect. So semi-synthetic and fully synthetic opiate-like compounds, such as methadone to oxycodone to heroin, etc. are all opioids. Thebaine, the biosynthetic intermediate of the morphine pathway from which oxycodone is synthesized, is an opiate alkaloid, but oxy itself is an opioid compound. Even completely natural molecules like mitragynine, which is the active metabolite in the Kratom plant and has zero botanical relatedness with papaver somniferum (not the molecules but the plant itself), are opioids.

I always thought since oxycodone was synthesized from actual parts of the opium plant, like heroin, that it was considered an opiate. I mean that's the bar I've been using to quantify what is an opiate and what is an opioid, even if it's semi-synthetic. But what do I know

I always thought since oxycodone was synthesized from actual parts of the opium plant, like heroin, that it was considered an opiate. I mean that's the bar I've been using to quantify what is an opiate and what is an opioid, even if it's semi-synthetic. But what do I know
No. Opiates are the alkaloids of the opium poppy. Morphine, Codeine, Thebaine, Narcotine, etc.
Any alteration to those alkaloids, for instance adding acetic anhydride to the opiATE morphine and thus turning it into the opiOID diacetylmorphine, turns them into opioids. This includes completely unnaturally synthesized molecules like methadone or molecules that are indeed natural but found outside of the opium poppy like Kratom. Those are opioids too because they exhibit opiate-like characteristics.

Or to give you a funny example: if your saliva suddenly started to give you and others upon ingestion a high that feels like an opiate, then your saliva counts as an opioid. You don't even need knowledge in chemistry to distinguish between those two. The etymology of the word opioid answers your question. Opioid actually consists of two words: "opion" meaning opium and "eidos" meaning like or similar. So anything that feels LIKE or SIMILAR to an opiate is an opioid. Whether it's synthetic or semi-synthetic does not matter.

Here is how you can easily distinguish between opioid and opiate: anything ISOLATED from the opium poppy plant is an OPIATE. Anything SYNTHESIZED from either one of these opiate isolates, synthesized from scratch from non-opiate precursors and subsequently turned into a compound like Methadone that has opiate-like effects or an alkaloid that is found in nature but not in the opium poppy plant while nonetheless having opiate-like effects such as Kratom (mitragynine) are all OPIOIDS.

It is irrelevant whether it's synthetic or semi-synthetic. What counts is the source of the compound that you are consuming. If that source happens to be an opiate and you chemically alter it, then it ceases to be an opiate and becomes an opioid.

Hope that helps.

- Hexenstahl

Last edited:

Good to know...Smartass 😉

Maybe tramadol vs kratom would be an interesting comparison, both being atypical and dirty, milder opioids.
No compared to Tramadol Kratom is a clean Opoid maybe milder to some. Not that its purely acting on the Opiod receptor, It also antagonises it. But Tramadol imo is way more dirty and dangerous.

Kratom I still take once in a while, o-DSMT was a bit to much of an Opiod for me but Tramadol I'll never take period.

No compared to Tramadol Kratom is a clean Opoid maybe milder to some. Not that its purely acting on the Opiod receptor, It also antagonises it. But Tramadol imo is way more dirty and dangerous.

Kratom I still take once in a while, o-DSMT was a bit to much of an Opiod for me but Tramadol I'll never take period.
Kratom has always felt like Tramadol-lite to me in it's effects.

Kratom has always felt like Tramadol-lite to me in it's effects.
Tramadol is just weird. Sometimes it remind's of it acts on Serotine . Other times your floored to prevent puking like a Opiod. Lower doses feel wired. Due to blocking nor-adrenaline reuptake i guess

It effects NMDA, bit like a lite dissociative and is too GABA-a the opposit of a Benzo. hence the risk for seizures. And my personal opinion it changes a person.

Kratom doesn't share any of these effect's.