• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Tramadol vs Bupe vs methadone

Kazeme23

Bluelighter
Which one these 3 are better at tapering off heroin?

I have used bupe. Worked very well.
Don't want to use Methadone.

Tramadol is OTC where I live. Will it work? I know for the majority of tramadol users, it doesn't do anything.

For me personally it has me just as blitzed as dope does with 90 min to 2 hours of taking it.

Will it work? I know how to taper efficiently. I just need to know if tramadol will as I have more than 15,000 mg sitting in my closet.

Methadone is a nightmare to come off, bupe is well tolerated and easier to come off, Tramadol is not even close to these two.

I've been addicted to tramadol for 7 years, beside other opioids it is my main one.

With tramadol the tricky part it's that it acts as a SNRI and an opioid too. so if you become dependent on it, you will experience both SNRI withdrawal and opioid withdrawal.

The SNRI withdrawal makes it very difficult for me, the anxiety and depression are pretty bad but the brain zaps and being on the verge of seizures is the worst.

You can give it a try to see if it keeps withdrawal at bay, don't exceed 400 mg to stay safe from having seizures

I have tried it in the past of ranges of 200-350 MGs when I had no dope to see if it would take away withdrawal symptoms. It did, but for me dope and ANY opiate leaves me wired and in go go go mode so I know I'll be awake for 2-3 days if I do this. Which I don't mind. I just want off the heroin as soon as possible and not to be dependent on any substance whatsoever to function.

300mg should do the trick for H WD, but don't do them in a one shot, try to stick with 3x100mg through the day, it works better.
You can try with 2x150mg, it should cover major WD for the first 3 to 5 days, maybe 7 days.
After that is all mental and trams are easy to jump of if you don't take them more than a two weeks.

So to get this right.

Let's say I wake up at 7 am: take 100 mgs

1 pm: another 100 mgs

7 pm: another 100 mgs.

Rinse, repeat, until done?

I think 6 hours between doses it's a little too much, from 7am to 1pm if you got a big h tolerance and 100mg is not enough, you'll be in withdrawal.

You could do it like this, you wake up, you take 100 or 150 mg, then in every 30-40 minutes you take 50mg more, but if you feel like your withdrawal is gone at 200-250 mg already don't up your dose.

considering your example it would look something like this

7 am wake up : 100 mg
7:40: 50 mg, ( you are now at 150)
8:20: 50 mg ( you are now at 200)
9:00: 50 mg ( you are now at 250)
9:40: 50 mg ( you are now at 300)

but if you already feel good at 7:40 don't continue with the dosing.

oh and take it like this for maximum a week, a week and a half, after that you will have to deal with the PAWS on your own, if you continue with tramadol through the Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms you will just become stuck on those and you'll have to taper. this should get you over the pysichal symtpoms, you really have to deal with the pyschological on your own without any substance it will guarantee a much better recovery if you get through it succesfully. if you don't you are just changing one addiction with another.

with your schelude, considering tramadol has a 6 hour halflife, at 1pm half of the 100mg dose would be out of your body, so give mine a try, if it doesn't work we'll tweak around some "knobs"

It's 11 am and I took 100 mgs at 9 am and I feel no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever right now. Let's see where we are at at 1 pm. It's Saturday so I'm free all day today and tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

it should hold you down until 9pm if you got the Instant Release formula, if you want to take them at once I recommend you the extended release formula those have a halflife of 12 hours almost, so you're good for 24 hours, and it releases the substance gradually so it does what you would do if you would dose it through the day.

then it's no need to go to 300 mg, keep it at this range and redose at 12 hours with the instant release, at 24 with the extended

if I remember right you are in afghanistan now ? how do they treat addicts there? I saw some docus but they were old, I'm curious how readily available is methadone and subs and how they treat the addicts who opt for them

I'm in Pakistan and they treat them very terribly. Tramadol extended release is OTC here and I have so much of that. I also have roughly 25 grams of really good hash on the side as well currently. My whole family is ex army and govt or current so I can't do this by going into a treatment center or hospital or word would spread everywhere. Hence why just tapering off with tramadol extended release that's OTC here at home. It's weird. They don't care about smoking trees at all. The whole family. They stay up to date with research on that shit.

Luckily im 3 hours away from any family and living alone and using blue light. No one in the family would ever think to look at this website

I remember seeing a video where afghan police was flexing hundreds of kilos of hash and saying that it's more dangerous than heroin lol

No problem mate, you can keep us updated and ask more questions and we'll help you out. this is day 1 or day 2 of no H?

Day 1.

Took 50 more MGs at 9 pm and it's now 1045 pm and I've taken 200 mgs in 12 hours and feel perfectly fine. Even a little high. When I'm on ANY opiate, I am really wired.

Would taking 1-2 mg of xanax by mouth help me sleep? I hate benzos but I need to sleep and have about 15 mg of Xanax as well in my closet for the sleep. Not trying to get hooked on that. Just want to sleep a solid 6-8 hours then wake up not sick. Planning to stay up till around 3 am.

yes it would help, but not 2mg, maximum 1 if you say you don't usually take benzos. i'm on a combo of xan and trams myself now

I took 1 mg by mouth and ended the day taking 300 mgs total but I passed out until now and I'm sick as a dog. I just took 100 mgs by mouth. Hope I'm okay soon

well from 9 pm yesterday, 16 hours and 40 minutes had passed already so it's normal, IR tramadol usually has me out of withdrawal for 12-16 hours

no, take them orally, orally it is metabolized far better and has a great BA, it needs the liver to metabolize into o-desmethyltramadol and nortramadol, o-desmethyltramadol is more active on the opioid receptors

take advantage of the withdrawal and take some shits to empty your system, you'll be ok in 20 minutes.