• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol Question

THEHOLEYOURIN

Greenlighter
Hello this is my first time posting sorry if it is in the wrong thread. Swim has just came back from holiday and I was with them and has decided to take 300mg of Tramadol later tonight. We have been drinking vodka heavy all week and it's been 18 hours since their last alcoholic drink and seem sober and have had 5 hours sleep in those 18 hours. Will they be safe to take the Tramadol tonight?

Thank you for your replys.

No need to use SWIM. Have you taken tramadol before?

If you have little to no opiate tolerance 300mg is definitely overkill but I'm gonna assume you know your tolerance. If you've spent the whole week getting wrecked on booze and getting poor sleep id give your body a little longer to recover.

Tramadol is known for causing seizures even in sub 400mg doses and a sleep deprived brain is more susceptible then a well rested one. Also tramadol has to be metabolized into O-desmethyltramadol by the liver to have a strong action on opiate receptors which is what generates most of it's painkilling effects and high. So hammering your liver with alcohol then taking drugs that are extensively metabolized by the liver is probably pretty bad for it.

good choice pal, maybe dry out a couple of days before venturing a tramadol

The first substance I ever abused was ultram/tramadol. I have dosed above 400mgs which I don't recommend and I was fine. I also had a seizure on 250mgs, but I was also using other substances. It's not safe by any means in my opinion.

The first substance I ever abused was ultram/tramadol. I have dosed above 400mgs which I don't recommend and I was fine. I also had a seizure on 250mgs, but I was also using other substances. It's not safe by any means in my opinion.

I know the risks but have been using it for so long it is hard to resist temptation I enjoy Tramadol so much so I know what it is like. Maybe I should evaluate my life and see if this is what I want in for my life.

Hey theholeyourein and a slightly belated welcome to Bluelight. Kudos to you and your companions for approaching your drug experiences with Harm Reduction in mind. Tramadol is a relatively mild Opioid, but you still must take care when using it with Alcohol as their will always be a certain level of synergy between the Ethanol and the Opioids. I'm not sure what your tolerance is like to Alcohol, but you should not be getting "wasted" while taking any kind of Opioid, no matter the potency. Whatever "wasted means to you, don't do it.

Also, please be aware that Tramadol has SNRI properties that modulate its effects beyond a simple Opioid agonist. Tramadol, typically when used in dosages exceeding 300mg, has been known to lower the seizure threshold and provoke full tonic-clonic seizures. It's important that you don't exceed this dosage in an approximate 24 hour period. To be honest, having the Alcohol in your system probably isn't so terrible as it will probably reduce your seizure threshold.

At any rate, you're not doing anything blatantly dangerous, but keep approaching these situations with caution in mind as you have been.