• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Yes, I have noticed that too - it just kinda lost its magic after so many years on it. That was a sad day when I came to that realization, but it also helped me see that it was time to move on. I have wondered if the gabapentin I was on had something to do with it. I never could find anything definitive, but I always suspected, and I have heard that as well about bupe. I haven't really had any drug cravings (yet), but sometimes I JUST WANNA TAKE A DOSE TO CLEAN THE HOUSE haha. I could take a closet apart and put back together in no time. And once my husband came home and saw me cleaning the garage (I don't touch his garage). He just said, "tramadol?" lol

Awe, that sucks to hear you've experienced this too. Maybe tramadol just fries out a part of the brain after awhile or the Tram Gods decided it was our time to move on. I definitely do miss that uplifting euphoria, increased confidence, intense musical euphoria and boundless energy. It was great while it lasted and I'm surprised I got great effects for as long as I did. The withdrawals were definitely brutal though too.

I am always joking around with a friend of mine who knows about my addictions about how much I miss that spark to wanna get up and clean. lol Only tramadol and heroin have ever made me wanna get up and clean and actually enjoy it. Bupe did in the beginning a little bit, but it didn't take long for that effect to completely disappear after daily usage, where as atleast with tramadol and heroin, the positive effects were a little more consistent. Bupe's a helpful tool but it really does lack a lot of what I loved about other opiates/opioids, such as the increased energy and desire to clean or being able to sit and listen to my music for hours at a time and not be bored for a single minute. Bupe has always lacked those qualities and can make for a very boring half-assed opioid honestly. :\

It is funny cause my mom who is 69 years old and doesn't have much experience with trams or opioids, has taken a few here or there in the past year or so and all she does is take ONE pill and suddenly she'll be up and cleaning and telling me about how amazing she feels and all I can do is sort of laugh to myself, cause I know exactly what she's talking about. She told me she finally sees now why it was so addicted to it. It can be a very productive drug for getting things done. Where as stimulants make my head a mess and while I might be wide awake, my brain feels dead and I'm usually too focused on sexual things that I can't get anything else done. Trams offered that clean, powerful and natural feeling of just being a normal human being with energy. I definitely miss it.

Last edited:
Is taking tramadol every day in moderate doses for depression really that bad? I mean, there are people who take antidepressants their entire lives and I don't see much difference between that and the tramadol, which in itself is similar to ssri or snri. The problem is when you start chasing the high and you are exceeding the recommended dose each time imo. Besides, tramadol appears to be much more effective than srri antidepressants.

Great post. I was addicted to Tramadol for over a decade. It has it's own special effects that every other opioid seems to be lacking. I rank it up there next to heroin as one of my favorites. Although it is limited due to the seizure threshold thing. Those who say it sucks or whatever either have an extreme tolerance, didn't take a high enough dose or do not have the right liver enzymes to convert it. I found it was a great tool for maintenance in between heroin binges, but was also a fun, euphoric and addictive substance all on it's own when tolerance allowed.
I completely agree. I also really enjoy Bupe but it lacks some effects, also I'm mildly allergic to nalaxone.

Is taking tramadol every day in moderate doses for depression really that bad? I mean, there are people who take antidepressants their entire lives and I don't see much difference between that and the tramadol, which in itself is similar to ssri or snri. The problem is when you start chasing the high and you are exceeding the recommended dose each time imo. Besides, tramadol appears to be much more effective than srri antidepressants.
I've heard studies about it but I don't know anyone that's had it sucessfully prescribed and I know a lot of people on ssri/snri's/serotonin modulators.

I thought you were taking 1 gram or something like that lol because you said "Those who say it sucks didn't take a high enough dose".
In my worst days, I have taken more than 1 gram, but luckily I have never had a seizure.
I think the only times I've ever felt uncontrollable "body jerks" was when I took tramadol and pregabalin. Apparently, high doses of pregabalin can trigger a seizure.
Yes I are very lucky I was super addicted to tramadols taking damn near 50 100 mg capsules a day! I could kill a bottle of 100 in 2 days and I ended up eventually having seizures....im
Off them now thankgod!! I am on suboxone now life saver for sure but I just started on sublocade I am 3 weeks in and I’m starting to feel super crappy so I might go back to the subs..but yes a lot of people laugh when I say I was highly addicted to tramadol but idgaf that shit is highly addictive ....I started off taking two a day and then four then 8 in the moRning and 8 at night then just needed to take more and more and more to even feel a little high it sucked man it was truly the worst time of my life i don’t care what anyone says tramador taking over even a short period of time can become addicted ! Got it prescribed after I had my baby and just two weeks in and I alway wanted more and more you build up a tolerance quick with tramadol ....just glad I’m off and safe now

Yes I are very lucky I was super addicted to tramadols taking damn near 50 100 mg capsules a day! I could kill a bottle of 100 in 2 days and I ended up eventually having seizures....im
Off them now thankgod!! I am on suboxone now life saver for sure but I just started on sublocade I am 3 weeks in and I’m starting to feel super crappy so I might go back to the subs..but yes a lot of people laugh when I say I was highly addicted to tramadol but idgaf that shit is highly addictive ....I started off taking two a day and then four then 8 in the moRning and 8 at night then just needed to take more and more and more to even feel a little high it sucked man it was truly the worst time of my life i don’t care what anyone says tramador taking over even a short period of time can become addicted ! Got it prescribed after I had my baby and just two weeks in and I alway wanted more and more you build up a tolerance quick with tramadol ....just glad I’m off and safe now

Holy shit!! 50 capsules of 100 mg. in one day??!! That's 5 gram 😲
I am also an addict. I think I hit rock bottom this month. I have been taking more than 1 gram. Luckily, I haven't had a seizure, but I can't get on with this.
I have suffered from depression and I think that influenced my addiction to tramadol. It's the best antidepressant I have ever taken. Maybe depressed people are more likely to abuse tramadol for its antidepressant properties.
I was prescribed it for a herniated disc and the doctor did not warn me that this med could create dependency and addiction.

Few doctors take seriously the dependence and addiction of tramadol, in my city the rehabilitation group received only 5 cases (including me) of people with dependence on tramadol in the last 2 years. so they still do not see a problem for now.
Being addicted to tramadol I can say that this is really a problem, I have not had anything since Saturday and I already feel symptoms of WDs. I'm about to go out and buy more, it's as easy as buying a beer, there are 75mg pills and only a blister of 10 capsules will last only today, shit.

Few doctors take seriously the dependence and addiction of tramadol, in my city the rehabilitation group received only 5 cases (including me) of people with dependence on tramadol in the last 2 years. so they still do not see a problem for now.
Being addicted to tramadol I can say that this is really a problem, I have not had anything since Saturday and I already feel symptoms of WDs. I'm about to go out and buy more, it's as easy as buying a beer, there are 75mg pills and only a blister of 10 capsules will last only today, shit.

That's awful man. It's unfortunate people treat tramadol as some 'pussy shit'. I use to get more/if not just as much out of tramadol as a hydrocodone back in the day. Hell I'd take tramadol over codiene any day! I was able to beat my tramadol dependence with bupe. I still take trams once in awhile for fun, but they seem to have lost all the magic no matter how I take them now. Always a nauseous, jittery, crappy feeling generally ensues, with hints of some 'this feels good' moments, but not like it use to be.

Unfortunately even tho I'm on bupe now, I still do crave heroin instead. :\

Nasal Administration: Maybe Last Word Isn't Yet Said

I know these are rat studies. But, it' still quite interesting and perhaps the nasal administration of tramadol isn't placebo after all.

I did it myself the first few times I took it when I didn't know anything about this drug and felt that it worked, but we all know that the mind is a strong thing.

I think this deserved a BUMP for those who love this fascinating drug.

tramadol is so fucking good,for work, for exercises, i dont take every day, but the days i take its magic,my problems dont exist, i feel happy, 500mg max per day with 1mg of clonazepam for seizures.

tramadol is so fucking good,for work, for exercises, i dont take every day, but the days i take its magic,my problems dont exist, i feel happy, 500mg max per day with 1mg of clonazepam for seizures.

AMEN for that brother. :love:

It's good for everything: work, exercise, diet, and even sex. It really is a fascinating drug.

It's a pity that there are many people who cannot even metabolize it and enjoy its beautiful benefits.

Although those feelings, you will want to have them every day, and eventually when you are running out, you will suffer an ugly WD.

It's best to enjoy this drug in the most moderate doses possible (100-400mg) and hopefully take a few breaks between a few days to avoid gaining too much tolerance.

Cheers my friend.

PS. At that dose, you don't even need clonazepam, unless you're prone to seizures. I've always thought that tram is best enjoyed without benzos. Very personal opinion.

AMEN for that brother. :love:

It's good for everything: work, exercise, diet, and even sex. It really is a fascinating drug.

It's a pity that there are many people who cannot even metabolize it and enjoy its beautiful benefits.

Although those feelings, you will want to have them every day, and eventually when you are running out, you will suffer an ugly WD.

It's best to enjoy this drug in the most moderate doses possible (100-400mg) and hopefully take a few breaks between a few days to avoid gaining too much tolerance.

Cheers my friend.
yes I already took it for 5 days straight and on the 4th day I no longer felt that wonderful affection, as you said if you don't take the low tolerance everyday and you can enjoy the day incredibly well. cheers my friend from chile!

about sex.
i think it is from person to person but i feel a slight erection difficulty and even taking more pissing takes longer, it seems that the muscles are more relaxed maybe.

And here we are 7 months later, did you think back then you’d be drinking your own piss? Do you see where this is going...?

about sex.
i think it is from person to person but i feel a slight erection difficulty and even taking more pissing takes longer, it seems that the muscles are more relaxed maybe.

Well, the sex thing is only with very low doses (0-150mg). Or maybe I am different, because I have taken ADs before and know how to "finish". It's all mentally. Due to my high tolerance, I can have sex with 500mg. of tramadol and "finish" well. And besides, I lasted longer than normal.

About the piss thing, I also agree.

Doesn't it make you hiccup? When I started taking it and increasing the doses always caused me that. :LOL:

And here we are 7 months later, did you think back then you’d be drinking your own piss? Do you see where this is going...?
man, where going ? in my case, dont take every day , enoy 3 times per week, doing this for 4 months and at max i feel a little irritated in the morning, but it passes like a hangover.

Well, the sex thing is only with very low doses (0-150mg). Or maybe I am different, because I have taken ADs before and know how to "finish". It's all mentally. Due to my high tolerance, I can have sex with 500mg. of tramadol and "finish" well. And besides, I lasted longer than normal.

About the piss thing, I also agree.

Doesn't it make you hiccup? When I started taking it and increasing the doses always caused me that. :LOL:
hiccup? never I realized that, and sex in low doses also without any problem, but 500mg + but with clonazepam to avoid the famous seizures, I feel very relaxed, I think that is obviously it, LOL

Yeah I definitely didn't see it coming even in my worst dreams.

I'm not sure where this will take me. In Chile we don't have heroin. Maybe just like the study they published yesterday (can't find the link) I can finally just grow out of my addiction.

Honestly, where do you think this got me? Suicide? Death? More opioids? Other gross ways to get tramadol? Heroine through the darknet?
I appreciated the honesty. Don't be afraid to say so.

Yeah I definitely didn't see it coming even in my worst dreams.

I'm not sure where this will take me. In Chile we don't have heroin. Maybe just like the study they published yesterday (can't find the link) I can finally just grow out of my addiction.

Honestly, where do you think this got me? Suicide? Death? More opioids? Other gross ways to get tramadol? Heroine through the darknet?
I appreciated the honesty. Don't be afraid to say so.
in brazil we dont have heroin to, thankfully, i feel safe in the doses i take and few side effects, it's worth it for me, anxiety sucks, all the remedies i take make me feel alive again !!!