• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol Megathread

Hello everyone, this is my first post been haunting the forum for a long while though, even before I created a profile. I wanted to tell my experience with Tramadol. I stared taking it regularly from 2008-2018 and was taking about 300mg (50mg per tab) daily, not to bad I know, but it still can cause seizures. On Labor Day 2018 I was sitting on the side of the street watching a parade with my family at our hometown when I started feeling off (light headed, hot/cold confusion, faintish) almost like heat exhaustion and high anxiety/dread. Next thing I knew I couldn’t move and was so confused hollering to be let up, I didn’t realize I was strapped to a stretcher being loaded in an ambulance. I now recall hearing my then wife saying “Chris they’re trying to help you” as I was struggling. It took 15 or 20 minutes before I could remember my name or where I lived. I was hooked up to heart machines and ekg, and MRI to see what happened. It was determined I had a grand mal seizure and bit the piss out of my tongue, still have scares. They said the Tramadol plus my lexapro most likely caused it since Tramadol lowers seizure threshold and combinding the two did something with my serotonin levels. From what I’ve read on the forums maybe serotonin syndrome.

long post but needed to get all the info I could on it.

Also the withdrawals from Tramadol is pretty shitty.

does anyone know how many tramadol 50mg SR tablets to take I usually take endone 5mg and I would take 6 then 4

I sometimes wish I didn't start abusing tramadol. The feeling I got a few years ago just taking one 50mg pill each 30min for like 2 hours was just amazing. Best antidepressant ever made from what I experienced. Not crazy high but just such a smooth feeling and it's just a "joy to live". AND IT LASTED THE WHOLE FUCKING DAY. Ended up dosing way higher later in my "tramadol carreer" (600-800mg) when I started to combine it with diazepam or etizolam (was scared of a possible seizure)... should have never done that XD. Hindsight 20/20

My opioid tolerance seems to be too high now after using O-DSMT for a while... regular tramadol makes me feel a lot more wired now than it did in the past.
I have tramadol 50mg sr I have a high tolerance as well.. I don't normally take tramadol my usual is endone 5mg and will take 6 to 10 of them, do you know how many of the tramadol 50mg sr i should take

Last edited:
1- So simple but could be a black or white type life choice: Dont ever try it, if you did, try not to do it again

2- Has a nasty withdrawal, can be managed with Seroquel
& Benzo. But that route has to be managed and preferably dosage monitored as it's so easy to do whatever you can and take as many mg,s to take the pain away... + high chance of creating new problems...

3- If you mess up, and it happens, always learn to plan to condition to instinctively automatically plan your withdrawal. Dose down, calculate supply, manage symptoms, dont get high!

4-Can be fun recreationally, average starting dose would be 35% of total dose, then 10% every half hour, you'll know when its enough you'll feel it actually. Dont mix if you dont have experience and don,t take more than daily max cz has high probability to cause seizures

5- Synthetic, good enough, but ranks as shitttt on pharmas top 10 List

6-Remeber #1

Simple Tips , could help...

Hello everyone, this is my first post been haunting the forum for a long while though, even before I created a profile. I wanted to tell my experience with Tramadol. I stared taking it regularly from 2008-2018 and was taking about 300mg (50mg per tab) daily, not to bad I know, but it still can cause seizures. On Labor Day 2018 I was sitting on the side of the street watching a parade with my family at our hometown when I started feeling off (light headed, hot/cold confusion, faintish) almost like heat exhaustion and high anxiety/dread. Next thing I knew I couldn’t move and was so confused hollering to be let up, I didn’t realize I was strapped to a stretcher being loaded in an ambulance. I now recall hearing my then wife saying “Chris they’re trying to help you” as I was struggling. It took 15 or 20 minutes before I could remember my name or where I lived. I was hooked up to heart machines and ekg, and MRI to see what happened. It was determined I had a grand mal seizure and bit the piss out of my tongue, still have scares. They said the Tramadol plus my lexapro most likely caused it since Tramadol lowers seizure threshold and combinding the two did something with my serotonin levels. From what I’ve read on the forums maybe serotonin syndrome.

long post but needed to get all the info I could on it.

Also the withdrawals from Tramadol is pretty shitty.
Welcome Dukert27, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I have tramadol 50mg sr I have a high tolerance as well.. I don't normally take tramadol my usual is endone 5mg and will take 6 to 10 of them, do you know how many of the tramadol 50mg sr i should take
Can't really help you, I've never taken oxycodone myself. Like @TheDoctor- stated tramadol works best if you stagger the doses. Just take 50mg every 30-40minutes untill you feel good.

Testing kit being looked into, don't worry. Managed to acquire some so be interesting to see.
Are they from HAB Pharmaceutical? That’s the ones I bought that were fake I ate like 600mg and nothing.

Had to be placebo or God knows what else.

Years ago I sent myself to detox because(...well cocaine..)it was the only way I was going to stay alive. While I was there my back pain was so bad that they gave me tramadol. At the time it was considered safe and non addictive. For years it became my constant companion. As I used more ( and more)of it I told myself it was " Rehab approved." Haha ! Then a car accident put me off tramadol and on Hydro and Oxy. It was a smooth transition. At a later date there was an attempt to transition back to tramadol by titration. Slowly down on the OPs and up on the Tramadol. Alternating doses.There was NOTHING smooth about that transition. All kinds of discomfort and weirdness started.To help with " mood" I had an increase in my prozac dose. (I don't think they knew yet that prozac/ tramadol could cause a serotonin syndrome).
That made it much worse going forward. At first I was just a bit " off" . But as we went along I increasingly got brain zaps until it was happening any time I would turn my head. Then one day about 35 minutes after taking the Tramadol I was walking into a store when I suddenly felt like I was going to collapse. Everything was fading from my vision ( like an eye migraine) and my physical ability to move was rapidly diminishing. I made it back to my car somehow. What felt like moments later...I was getting up from a laying position and 90 minutes had passed.
I chalked that up to something like a mega migraine but the next day a similar thing happened.
I decided to go to a pain clinic instead of my usual dr. They told me " Wow this is an odd transition your doc has you on...and oh yes...what you describe can happen in this senario."
Now I say...Tramadol is no longer my friend...just give me the Opiates I know how they will treat me.

@DeathIndustrial88 do you know about Tapentaol and how it should be taken, I've never heard of this drug except that it's compared Tramadol, but it's classified in the Benzoid and opiate class of painkillers.

I would appreciate your help or anyone else that can help me.

Thank you.

@DeathIndustrial88 do you know about Tapentaol and how it should be taken, I've never heard of this drug except that it's compared Tramadol, but it's classified in the Benzoid and opiate class of painkillers.

I would appreciate your help or anyone else that can help me.

Thank you.

Hey @LordOfThisWorld how long friend!!! how are you doing? Aboht the tapentadol, you should take it in one sitting, don't stagered or portion it like tramadol. This is not how it works. From my experience it is three times as strong as tramadol or maybe twice as strong, but it is stronger. Oh, and it's a better pain reliever. I had a fucking pain in my leg and when I took it I didn't feel a damn pain at all. Also it's euphoric as shit.

The problem is that the manufacturers wonder how much these drugs can be misused, so each time they create new formulas to avoid it. But my tapentadol, it worked if I chewed them or left it in a glass with Coke overnight.

So I would go slow and think that tapentadol is three times as strong as tramadol.

That is tramadol 100 mg = tapentadol 300 mg.

Hey @LordOfThisWorld how long friend!!! how are you doing? Aboht the tapentadol, you should take it in one sitting, don't stagered or portion it like tramadol. This is not how it works. From my experience it is three times as strong as tramadol or maybe twice as strong, but it is stronger. Oh, and it's a better pain reliever. I had a fucking pain in my leg and when I took it I didn't feel a damn pain at all. Also it's euphoric as shit.

The problem is that the manufacturers wonder how much these drugs can be misused, so each time they create new formulas to avoid it. But my tapentadol, it worked if I chewed them or left it in a glass with Coke overnight.

So I would go slow and think that tapentadol is three times as strong as tramadol.

That is tramadol 100 mg = tapentadol 300 mg.
Hey good to see you back my friend hope all is well with you, we were getting worried about you DeathIndustrial88 and I.

So I can take 600mg of Tapentadol, to make up for 200mg of Tramadol if needed?

Hey good to see you back my friend hope all is well with you, we were getting worried about you DeathIndustrial88 and I.

I think he means the other way around, as @supersonic89 said Tapentadol is 3 times as strong as tramadol. So 200mg Tapentadol =~ 600mg Tramadol

@LordOfThisWorld Tapentadol is definitely stronger than tramadol. If you took 600mg of tapentadol you would probably nod and hallucinate. Start with 50-100mg tapentadol and don't go above 300mg if 200mg of tramadol takes you to the place you want to be at. 500mg of tapentadol is max recommended dosage for 24h period. It is a good painkiller and can be euphoric. But not as oxycodone or morphine. It sure is stronger than tramadol but has a bit of that dirty tramadol high. Although opioid effects are much more pronounced than on tramadol. Moral of the story - tapentadol is much more closer than tramadol to classical opioids. Don't start higher than 100mg IR and work your way up slowly. Take care!

@LordOfThisWorld Tapentadol is definitely stronger than tramadol. If you took 600mg of tapentadol you would probably nod and hallucinate. Start with 50-100mg tapentadol and don't go above 300mg if 200mg of tramadol takes you to the place you want to be at. 500mg of tapentadol is max recommended dosage for 24h period. It is a good painkiller and can be euphoric. But not as oxycodone or morphine. It sure is stronger than tramadol but has a bit of that dirty tramadol high. Although opioid effects are much more pronounced than on tramadol. Moral of the story - tapentadol is much more closer than tramadol to classical opioids. Don't start higher than 100mg IR and work your way up slowly. Take care!
Thank you my friend.

I have never hallucinated with tapentadol. I have come to take 1000mg or something like that and it feels like someone watching me from behind but nothing else. By the way, those 1000 mg were totally euphoric and relaxing, they put me in a hypnotic state like never before, I was nodding off and so on. I hope Tapentadol becomes more popular and cheaper versions come out. Because I used the original version of Grunethal called Palexis. And they are really really expensive. I think I bought 4 boxes of 100 mg (10 pills per box) and they lasted me about 4 days. :ROFLMAO:

Hey my good friend @LordOfThisWorld, everything is fine, so it is as it should be. I had a long detox (2 months or something like that) where I wanted not to go to sites related to drug use. It's crazy, I know. But it gave me a lot of cravings to read threads of people taking pills and so on. As you can see, I relapsed and went back to the same old thing, but this time I'm taking less tramadol than before, I think it's good.

Noooo man, I think you didn't understand that tapentadol is TRIPLE as strong as tramadol. So if you want convert 200 mg of tramadol you need about 60 mg. of tapentadol. Just divide the dose of tramadol in three and you will have the right dose.

My dear friend, use this page to calculate your doses, the bad thing is that it overvalues tepandol, (It puts it as if it were 4x times stronger, when in reality I think it is 3x) but perhaps its analgesic effect feis that and its recreational effects are diffenrent. Anyway it is a very good page: https://www.oregonpainguidance.org/opioidmedcalculator/

Take care my dear friend.