• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tramadol blues

ramblin_rose

Bluelighter
Ugh. Get a refill on tramadol for knee pain from a surgery I had back im January. No vicodin for a couple of mo ths now bwbecause my doc says she's worried about me bcoming addicted (mostly true).

So its almost 6.30 am anD despite taking my last pill at 11pm as well as my daily 2mg of xanax and 10g of ambien I just can't get to sleep. My husband is the seri8us nightowl and wemt to bed early (for him) at 3.30am.

What's really not helping is that 2 separate neighbors had someone honking in their driveway just a few minutes apart about 5 min ago. Realy loud and a couple times each. Really????

I have to work today but not until 3pm, thankfully.

My question is twofold I guess: Do any sort of opiates keep you awake and if so, how do you finally get to sleep?

Thanks!

Tramadol was like speed for me, so my doctor switched me to vicodin.

I could never sleep after taking Tramadol......

Does Tramadol take away your pain? It never did much for my pain.

I've taken Tramadol with Valium before to help me sleep. Tramafol is a weird drug......it has SNRI properties as well.

I wonder if the Ambien taken with Tramadol is causing a reverse reaction?

You could try some Camomile tea.......maybe someone else could chime in with some better answers.

It dies take away the painbut I didn't even think about it being able to cause an adverse effect like being speedy. It isn't as pain relieving as hydro but is better than aleve.

The chamomole tea is a great suggestion, just got a box a couple of days ago, thamk yoi.

Tramadol is a great pain reliever, but also kept me awake. I took 200mg and exp mild hallucinations, I would NOT go over 200mg as you run the risk of having a seizure. But yes I exp insomnia with tramadol. But good pain reliever.