• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol and Neurontin combo

victimorthecrime

Greenlighter
Is tramadol and gabapentin (neurontin) a safe combination? I know that tramadol is dangerous for people with seizure disorders or combined with other drugs that raise the seizure threshold because tramadol itself raises the seizure threshold. Gabapentin (neurontin) lowers the seizure threshold, so reason would say that this shouldn't be a problem. Probably a very simple and obvious question, but I always like to be safe because there may be other factors of which I am not aware. By the way, I am addicted to gabapentin in very high doses. I generally take about 10-15 grams a day.
Thanks

I am perscribed both of them and have not had any negative interactions but at that high of a dose of gabapentin it might not be a good idea to ad another drug that causes respitory depression; not to mention that high of a dose isn't safe on its own at all. I only am perscribed to take 1.8 grams a day. I hear that around 3.6 grams is the max pescribed dose.

I am sure as long as you are careful not to take too much tramadol, that the combination would be safe.

Basic combo threads belong in BDD though, so I'm going to move this thread there.

I'm prescribed both for neuralgia so it can be safe, yes. I have no pre existing conditions however.

Keep in mind with Gabapentin you're now somewhere around 3 to 4 times the maximum daily dose (3.6 G). You are correct though that Gabapentin will raise the seizure threshold.

Ditto on what's been said, I can feel rd creeping in at high doses of both. Also Tramadol should be less forgiving at very high doses statistically speaking of course.

yes, i know that my dose is very high. but tolerance grows and I find neurontin a very necessary medication for me. I like it even better than lyrica.

It must be extremely difficult to OD on gabapentin, I've seen my wife take a whole script (100+ grams) in one day on many occasions. While I'm not recommending that she is still very much alive. Seems like an awful waste of pills to me.

It must be extremely difficult to OD on gabapentin, I've seen my wife take a whole script (100+ grams) in one day on many occasions. While I'm not recommending that she is still very much alive. Seems like an awful waste of pills to me.
Oh, my God!