• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids tramadol and heart rate/anxiety disorder?

earthrickc137

Greenlighter
I recently stumbled across a couple 50 mg tramadol, I'd heard of them before and knew they were mind altering and decided to do some research before trying one. from what I've read they can be a little speedy because of snri properties. I have anxiety disorder and things that increase my heart rate too much tend to make me freak out. it's not too bad though, I don't get anxiety attacks with weed or alcohol unless I'm really high/drunk. so my questions are: does tramadol increase your heart rate noticeably, and if it does, is it more intense than being really stoned on a sativa? should I take half of a pill for a test dose and see how it affects me, or maybe even a quarter of a pill? I've read that hypertension and heart rates of over 200 can be reached in certain people, how common is that? just so everyone knows, I have very little tolerance to opiates (smoked/wetlined black tar heroin a few times and tried percocet a few times as well, but never got super high from either) and no tolerance to stimulants.

I wouldn't say it increases heart rate much. Think codeine. It's effects are more along the lines of that. It does make you feel like climbing the walls a bit, so to speak..restless, anxiety, etc, but I think you should be fine. 2 50mg pills is a decent starting test dose. One main thing you need to be cautious about--tramadol is well known to cause seizures if taken in larger doses (10+ in my experience)