• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and codeine

This is an interesting distinction you make, i wonder to what extent this is true in those not in pain. For those that dont need a muscle relaxant, a muscle relaxant is still enjoyable, so is it true that the analgesic is still enjoyable to those not in need of analgesia? The only nsaid i know of that it outright enjoyable is benzydamine, and that seems through other mechanisms...

People who are not in pain or depressed or anxious who take opioids usually get a headache and nausea and don't want to repeat it, which is why people shouldn't believe the propaganda that they have this magic ability to addict because they aren't something that people take for fun caeteris paribus like alcohol and cannabis and a lot of stimulants. Sure, some unwise people who gobble anything in front of them may find themselves with withdrawal when they cannot get the opioids, but I think this intrinsic deterrent power at the start means that the only "opioid crisis" is supply disruption and the US government poisoning its own citizens. Someone coming down from crack or in opioid withdrawal is in multifarious and potentially intractable pain no doubt, this is why opioids help them.

We cannot ignore, of course, that most of the stakeholders in the status quo in the US cannot ask aloud why so many people want to narcotise themselves at such high risk with everything from smack to blow to compressed-air keyboard cleaner . . . some of them would wind up in a Nürnberg or at least Truth & Reconciliation Commission type situation in any just set of circumstances, and such ugly straw people as this are par for the course. Same as it ever was.

Benzydamine and Cyclomorphine (morphine + cyclizine) is a common combination preop and postop for tonsillitis especially in Commonwealth countries IIRC; I wonder if there is a twinge of a C-Jam/nitracaine/mepivacaine type lift in there given the strength of the local anaesthetic effect of the benzydamine . . . which also leads us to the further and parallel question: Is there such a thing as a local anaesthetic which doesn't give at least a little bit of euphoria or drive, even down to the 5 per cent of the Nose Candy stimulation that benzocaine has in a lot of cases? Lignocaine and benzocaine inter alia aren't just used to cut Bolivian Marching Powder for the numbing action . . .

Last edited: