Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Trailer Park Boys

Has anyone else seen this? I noticed it on Netflix about a month ago. Honestly, I am VERY picky about my shows, especially comedy. I do not find popular shows such as family guy, american dad, king of the hill, big bang theory, the office, friends etc. funny AT ALL. However, after reading some lists from the favorite tv shows thread, I noticed I have the same taste as most of you.

TRUST ME. WATCH THIS. It is so original, and (sadly) it's always sunny copied ALOT of material from this show. Just give it a chance.

I'm pretty sure there's already a TPB thread, but I'll let the mods spend their time looking for it :p

There's a difference between popularity and quality, TPB is very popular (especially in Canada)

I fucking love TPB, and I also love Sunny (not the new stuff) and I think it's unfair to say they copied material.
They have commonalities, but the differences are much clearer.

Anyway, smoke some hash, drink some booze, eat some pepperoni, and haul in the jib before it gets covered in shit because there's a shit-typhoon on the way ;)
I love shit anologys and rickyisms, rick and lahey are such great actors. Lahey even drinks real booze when they film :D

I'm pretty sure there's already a TPB thread, but I'll let the mods spend their time looking for it :p

Wow, thanks for making me click a few times to find it, jerk!

Lahey even drinks real booze when they film :D

Sadly, no he doesn't. It's tea. I wanted to believe the booze was real so much but then reality came crashing down. Same thing with John Belushi's infamous Jack-chugging scene in Animal House - it was just iced tea :(

I like this show, thought it was awesome, I also like IASIP, I rate both these shows highly, I've seen every episode of both, I didn't notice much copying going on though? But I wasn't really looking for it, they are very different.

Last edited:
^ Other than the color green they don't really have much in common, certainly not enough to say that IASIP copied it.

i love TPB too, i watched it from season 1 till the end, then watched it backwards for fun, and then watched it in the proper order again. The movies kind of sucked, the second one is good if you analyze it well. Unfortunately there are some inconsistenies in the show but it's not bad overall, definitely hilarious as fuck.

As a side note i worked at the shittiest call centre on earth here in NS. Sam the caveman was my boss. It was so fucking hilarious to work with him even tho he is kind of a prick lol. That place got shut down this year, still kind of wonder what he is up to, probably still doing the call centre thing. He had so much potential on TPB but sadly ended up like the rest of us. I always wanted to call him a greasy cave man at work but never got the chance to :(

I even live in the area where most of the show was filmed and it is so funny to know how true to life the show is. It definitely represents east coast Canadian culture to a t. It's too bad many people miss the subtle references because they don't live here, like when ricky talks about getting the 'good chicken fingers' for a special occasion, i know the exact brand he refers to lol.

where they doing some tour for tpb's not that long ago? a few of them kept tweeting stuff about tickets hidden out in the carpark and stuff, but i wasn't sure if it was for tpb's shows or some other venture they have started? (I think I heard them tweeting they were doing something else, but I cant recall the name of it now). It was probably a tpb's tour tho. Pretty sure they came to Aus a while about too.

I would but I'm on Uni internet its going too slow right now i think half the campus is eating up the bandwidth. I can see its an interview with Arj Barker though, he's a funny dude too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzId3xIuBg

PLEASE watch that, and tell me they're not comedic geniuses.

I'm watching it now.

I've been recently watching the whole series again. It is fucking funny, I love it. Some people I know don't like it too much but fuck them, it's great. The 3 stooges, all 3 of them are great in their own funny ways. But the rest of the cast is great too, corey and trevor, sarah and lucy, j Roc, Lahey, Randy, Ray etc etc..

Yeah this interview thing is funny.

great show, it's in a 3 way tie with curb your enthusiasm and always sunny in philly when it comes to rated R TV shows

watched every episode on Netflix over a year ago...if you have streaming Netflix and looking to get caught off guard with brilliance, check this out, love the accents and over the top f bombing

my favorite character is ray(ricky's dad)
living at a landfill, cheating the gov't, stealing pepperoni, truck driving, and love it whenever he says 'good man' to people that give him booze

the episode where he let them beat the shit out of him to get the cop fired was probably my favorite...think it was called Halloween '77?

phil Collins and randy are great, overlooked characters

lol @ randy needing to take his pants off to fight!!!

Barrie Runn who played Ray was also a writer/producer for the show. He is my second favorite character behind Bobandy. I love Rays overly optimistic outlook on everything. He handles the liquor better than Lahey too. Have you seen the Say goodnight to the Bad Guys special that aired after season 7 but before countdown to liquorday? Ray is really funny in that. Fuckin rays good liquor sauce and seagulls nippin at his ears.

I've loved what I have seen so far, but have only seen random clips and 1 full episode. It will probably be the next series I watch from beginning to end.

Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but there is a third film being released... Says 2013.