⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Toughest Director of all time?

cydonorb said:
Sam Fuller (NAKED KISS, PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET, THE WHITE DOG, THE BIG RED ONE, SHOCK CORRIDOR) could whip all of these guys at once with one hand tied behind his back while still puffing his omnipresent stogie...

Griff, is that you?

Originally posted by onetwothreefour
kubrick is the one. how long did the eyes wide shut shoot last for?

the plan was 13 weeks. it took 18 months.

alasdair

I was thinking about this recently actually. I dont know an awful lot about many of these directors, though have seen a few films by some. Can anyone tell me the sort of things they would do to make it to this thread?

starting with:
Martin Scorsese
John Hughes
Stanley Kubrick
and Woody Allen

onetwothreefour said:
kubrick is the one. how long did the eyes wide shut shoot last for?

The Shining with Jack Nicholson, was apparently a real-life nightmare especially for shelly duvall. Kubrick demanded 127 takes from Shelley Duvall in one scene.

Tough or just insane.

^a fine combo of both, I'd say!

George Romero (of Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead) is a tough director that has not been mentioned. for the original Dawn of the Dead was particularly a grueling shoot.

I'm not a fucking director; so who am I or anyone else here to judge directing skills.

No one has mentioned Robert Rodriguez yet, so Robert Rodriguez. Shit.

genaro said:
stanley kubrick and terry gilliam. Without a doubt.

hells yeah, and tarantino and lynch as well. But the toughest was definitely Sam Peckinpaw, one day Dennis Hopper show up at his house. He hears a gun shot, then a scream and then peckinpaw's maid comes running out of the house. Hopper enters and finds Peckinpaw naked, with an empty bottle of whiskey in one hand and a loaded magnum in the other standing in front of a shot out mirror, that's tough. He directed the wild bunch and pat garret and billy the kid if you were unaware.