Top 5 Finalists in the Bluelight.nu DJ competition!!!

you can have some extra time trails this isnt *that* rigid of a contest...we'll give you a few more days but hurry cuz im listening to these guys' mixes more and more ;)

well, i'm off on vacation tomorrow so will be away for a week. I'm taking everyones mix for the car which means there's gonna be lots of good music (11 hours each way) for the journey. I guess there might be a winner in a week...I shall wait and see. I'm going to be in Florida for the first time so I'm looking foward to some sun, beer, golf, pot and nothin' to worry about! Peace.

so far 3rd Space is the tighest, followed by a close second mystic styles. Rock Lobster's is awesome too, but a couple of slides. Anxious to hear the other ones.

finally had a decent picture taken of me spinnin at a gig. i am not photogenic.

here's me:
me.jpg

any of you other guys got pics of ya live in the mix? it'd be nice to put some names and faces together. If ya need to host, i got plenty of room for pics for ya'll

timmay said:
so far 3rd Space is the tighest, followed by a close second mystic styles. Rock Lobster's is awesome too, but a couple of slides. Anxious to hear the other ones.

thanks for the complement. I kinda like 3rd Space's a lot too (but don't tell nooo one ;) . I think rock's mix is solid, i didn't catch any slides. I think sometimes (and im not saying this at you timmay), people get distracted from good music because they sit there and wait for a dj to fuck up so they can point it at. I think a well programmed mix, with good mixing (no "two hamsters on meth trying to fuck in a dryer" sounds) is a damn fine mix.

Yall forgive the few slips in mine. Ive only been spinning around two years (only 1.5 with my own decks), and im still needing vast improvement in my beat matching abilities.

I'm sorry I havent been to listen to anyone elses mix so far. Work, travel, shitty links to the net, paranoia from admins seeing bluelight.ru in their logs onsite all contribute :)

lol... yea yea .. i know... i fucked up ... it'll be here... promise... if you guys dont want to wait on me.. you dont have to .. i'm having all sortsa probs getting this shit done, and i dont really feel like giving u guys excuses so if you want to go on ahead without me... i'm cool with that..

Either way .. the mix will be up here.. or in the other thread mix thread whether you guys decide to wait on me or not..

i have every mix but trails'...he is uploading it soon he promises!

Ok... sorry for the delay..

Link : DnbComp4

Length : 67:48

Tracklisting :

1. Squarepusher - Kill Robok
2. DJ Hidden - Skektiks
3. Chris Su - Undying
4. Paranoid User - Pitch Black
5. Kemal and Rob Data - Gene Sequence
6. Black Sun Empire - Smoke
7. Bes - The Crow
8. Klute - We Are The Ones ( Klute Remix )
9. Concord Dawn - Escher
10. Technical Itch - The Rukus (D.Kay VIP)
11. Dylan & Damage - Bass Kick
12. Ed Rush & Optical - Goodfoot
13. Total Science - Squash
14. Klute - Transformat
15. Everything but the Girl - Missing ( Comatron Amen Cut )
16. Concord Dawn - Morning Light VIP
17. Rawthang - Epilogue VIP
18. Arkane & Kraken - Dominion
19. Technical Itch - The Rukus (original version)
20. Eye D - Unicorn
21. Raiden - Fallin'

[edit: WARNING!! : There is some serious bass in some parts of this mix, be sure you play this on speakers that can handle it, otherwise you might either blow them out, or just have the mix sound like shit.. It might be a good idea to turn the bass down, I only put it there like that so that you can turn it up if you want.. ;) ]

Last edited:
S w e e t. Gonna D/L it right away! Yea I d/l'ed your mix trails last week, it was by far one of the best mixes ive heard recently. I pretty much only listen to DNB & Jungle

-Wayne

good luck to everyone now that all mixes are in. this has been a fun experience and I'll bet the next competition will be even tougher with even more contestants.

when its all wrapped up, I'd love to hear a critique from any of the moderators on my mix, either posted here or pm-ed.

alright, we'll give everyone a day or to to make sure everyone who wanted all the mixes has all the mixes, then im going to post a poll and let bluelight have a say in the final decision! :)

trails - got through most of your mix and from what I heard it sounded tight. I normally don't dig drum n bass too much, but your mix didn't get so dark as some mixes I've heard (and generally don't like). I'm not sure if it is a sub genre of dnb, but I like the sort of melodic/techy/sythny stuff over top of the hard bassline. it is a nice balance rather than just dark and evil from start to stop.

anyway, good work.