Top 5 Finalists in the Bluelight.nu DJ competition!!!

HydrA said:
someone didnt read the original competition thread about the way this works...damn potheads ;)

Lol, sure i did! But i cant wait! I wanna hear the winners mix and i wanna know what you ppl think is a realy good set!

:p

*Want too change nickname*

:\ :(

Congrats!

Congratulations to all the finalists! Thanks to everyone who listened to my mix. This was fun! I can't wait to try again in the future. For those who enjoyed my set, I'll be posting another one soon. Check at www.djseamonkey.com or here... Once again, I haven't had time to make the site look pretty yet.

Peas and Beets,
Sea Monkey

Mildkandy, My mix is DnB... the link is at the top of the page along with the other finallists... check it out if you want.. let me know what you think ..

peace

btw.. Oct 12 sounds fine.. if there is any probs I will let you guys know ;)..

just to let people know that my mix will be up soon...I just moved house so I haven't had a chance to do anything. The 12th sound good to me too..looking foward to listening to all the mixes now I'm connected again!! :)

hmm im so slow.. gonna have a mix ready for next time ..

haha :D

well done you guys

3rd.space...

just wanted to let you know that mix was sick. I'm no expert, but coming from a guy who can appreciate good tunes I would like to say your mixing was spot on, the set flowed really well and I really liked the progression. hightlights:

the first part of the mix was just smooth as butter- loved it.

you kind of lost me with the acid stuff. (32 minutes in), just didn't feel right imo

at about 55 minutes when the one track breaks all the way down and the next one comes in - slick as sh*t. very tricky to get that to sound smooth, much props.

then the end was just killer, all that sort of ambient chill break stuff. You absolutely destoyed me with the last track. for the longest time there was all this beatuiful flowing music without any samples, then the vocal drops in the last tract and it just ownz. sweet

loved the mix and can't wait for the next one. keep up the good work.

Yeah nice mix 3rd Space...cover a lot of ground and keep it flowing well...

I agree with Allan on the 'Acid House' track (which I believe is the new Wally Lopez on Underwater) not really jivin' with the rest of the mix. It's a cool track but I just think it was a little to far off to really fit well with this primarily 'melancholic' mix...

btw...do you have a tracklisting for this mix??

thanks for the feedback :) - I agree that the Wally Lopez track is a little out of place for the vibe of the mix, but I wanted to have something that was a little clubbier, with a bit more enegy than the other tracks. I've posted the tracklist on the first page of this thread for you to check out.

Last edited:
Final Mix

Name: DJ Emmerse (after a short brainstorming session, I've decided on this moniker)

Mix Title: Escape (link takes you to download page...)

Details: Never taking itself too seriously, this mix is techy, funky, and it's just a good time all around. Hope you guys like it. Feedback is much appreciated.

Tracklist:
1. Frakkar - Slide
2. Deepsky - Jareth's Church
3. 16B - The Game
4. Hipp-E - Foolish Ways
5. Funky Junction vs KC Flightt - Voices
6. Unknown - Evil Moogafooga
7. H-Two feat. Leah - Burnin' Fire
8. Jerry Bonham - Erendira
9. Morris v Rogers - Girl From The Green Dimension
10. Trancesetters - Synergy
11. Nectar - Big World

Last edited:
ive been having issues with a bad connection somewhere between my mixer and my computer, but i will be headed to Radioshaft in a little while to get a new Y adapter. Will have my mix up soon as possible after that.

well my mix is done, ill put the link when its done uploading (my cable upload speed sucks, so itll be around 2 more hours). here is the tracklisting with track times and all that good stuff.

Track // Label //

H-Foundation – New Funk Theory Soma
Roy Davis, Jr. – Love’s Light (Smitty and Davenport mix) Jamayka Negrocan – Cada Vez (Ricard Earnshaw Club mix) SwingCity
Love from LuLu – Horny Afro White
East Coast Boogie Men – Marrying Janie (Smitty and Davenport mix) Moonshine
Jay J and Chris Lum - Freaks Like Us (Mojolators Vocal mix) Fluential
Pair of Jacks – Sexual Soul (Dave Armstrong mix) Moonshine
Unknown – Big Thrills Volume 1 White
The Psychadelic Waltons – Wonderland (S-Man’s Dark Tribe mix) Echo
That Kid Chris – Tonight (Tribal mix) G2
Oliver Desmet and Chuck Diesel – For You (Chris Lum mix) Tango

Last edited:
upon listening to the mix i kinda fucked up the mix royally between marrying janie and sound of violence, but the pressing kinda sucks on sound of violence (damn domestic pressings) and i put too much pressure on the platter while adjusting. have mercy guys ;)

if anyone needs a mix hosted, let me know, i can do it

actually, i can host them all, so if anyone needs space, let me know

hit me up on aim : hectomaner

i just finished listening to the other two mixes, they were good. I'm just shocked i made the top 5. Good solid mixes guys, ive got me some good mixes for the CD player thats for sure :)