Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Miami

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Other: tell us

Votes: 159 27.9%

• Total voters
What is in bonita? Bmore scramble is supposed to be bonita but a single few dollar pill has like a gram of powder in it, mostly bonita as called by the locals, looks and smells like piss but packs a hell of a rush to it. Maybe their bonita is different than what you are talking about but if you know the ingredients in bonita I would love to know.

bonita aint a type of dope up here, the shit is a old school cut from the NYC days. i was messin around becuz to be technical, shit aint really like that no more-it was a back in the day type thing when that was the primary cuttin agent and it seems to be a 'back in the day' type thing that aint really around no more as much as it was then when it was "the" cut. you could buy it in bodegas in NYC in the 70s and 80s, Old timers will tell you either that it was mannitol or lactose, sold as a baby laxative. its some word of mouth shit thats passed down so depending who yu ask youll hear mannitol or lactose i have heard both.

back when the nyc dope was like 10 percent pure that was the shit that got frank lucas rich, there was a popular formula for cuttin called the 70/20/10...70% bonita 20% quinine and 10% dope. but i aint tryna get so off topic into that lil history lesson so--the basic idea is when you hear a reference to NYC area dope and they talk about bonita its referring to the main cut that was popular back then.

Now as far as the name. Now i told you wat bonita IS, and you can guess where it goes from there....

Im guessin that yall scrambl down in bmore is pretty close to that 70 20 10 formula in purity (BTW, from the shit ive heard scramble started in NYC not bmore, before the stamp bags came out when the purity shot up, you could only get scramble up here) but anyways. my educated guess is that the basic makeup of the scramble yall get now is about the kind of purity that nyc had back then. and think about it--Bonita as a cut and bonita as a type of cutup dope--the 2 terms aint unrelated in meaning--it aint that far of a stretch from one to the other. so Ima say that yalls version of bonita is just a reference to the fact that the shit is basically all cut and no dope--might as well just call the shit bonita cuz it aint barely dope, you feel me? Just a bunch of milk sugar and a pinch of the real. I aint too up on the bmore scene but i think thats a safe guess.

Last edited:
bonita aint a type of dope up here, the shit is a old school cut from the NYC days. i was messin around becuz to be technical, shit aint really like that no more-it was a back in the day type thing when that was the primary cuttin agent and it seems to be a 'back in the day' type thing that aint really around no more as much as it was then when it was "the" cut. you could buy it in bodegas in NYC in the 70s and 80s, Old timers will tell you either that it was mannitol or lactose, sold as a baby laxative. its some word of mouth shit thats passed down so depending who yu ask youll hear mannitol or lactose i have heard both.

back when the nyc dope was like 10 percent pure that was the shit that got frank lucas rich, there was a popular formula for cuttin called the 70/20/10...70% bonita 20% quinine and 10% dope. but i aint tryna get so off topic into that lil history lesson so--the basic idea is when you hear a reference to NYC area dope and they talk about bonita its referring to the main cut that was popular back then.

Now as far as the name. Now i told you wat bonita IS, and you can guess where it goes from there....

Im guessin that yall scrambl down in bmore is pretty close to that 70 20 10 formula in purity (BTW, from the shit ive heard scramble started in NYC not bmore, before the stamp bags came out when the purity shot up, you could only get scramble up here) but anyways. my educated guess is that the basic makeup of the scramble yall get now is about the kind of purity that nyc had back then. and think about it--Bonita as a cut and bonita as a type of cutup dope--the 2 terms aint unrelated in meaning--it aint that far of a stretch from one to the other. so Ima say that yalls version of bonita is just a reference to the fact that the shit is basically all cut and no dope--might as well just call the shit bonita cuz it aint barely dope, you feel me? Just a bunch of milk sugar and a pinch of the real. I aint too up on the bmore scene but i think thats a safe guess.

I ain't with the Baltimore scene anymore. When I was, I used scramble once. As difficult as Quinine is to get I doubt they are using it as cut or as often as they used to. It's possible to get quinine sulfate but difficult. From what I understand it packs its own rush so it could be a candidate for what's in there. Quinine is supposed to be bitter in taste. This stuff once water is added, it turns yellow and smells like urine. And those pills are packed with about a 1/2 gram of powder and it looks like cottage cheese. I would say the 10% figure is about right. It is garbage. I can't believe people actually use it but I guess without any other options they have no choice and having no experience with other dope they don't know it's garbage. Whatever cut they add gives it a rush and going by rush alone scramble would be the bomb but the duration of the high after the rush is very short. You shoot up a pill, get a rush and need another shot almost immediately.

Initially quinine was used as a cut not for the effects but because of some disease common among heroin users that quinine is a remedy for. I think it was malaria.

I'm familiar with mannitol from my coke slangin days and it definitely isn't 70% mannitol. It's 70% something but not mannitol.

reminder there is another poll you can vote in/ i just cannot figure out how to get rid of that poll and add the other to this thread

I ain't with the Baltimore scene anymore. When I was, I used scramble once. As difficult as Quinine is to get I doubt they are using it as cut or as often as they used to. It's possible to get quinine sulfate but difficult. From what I understand it packs its own rush so it could be a candidate for what's in there. Quinine is supposed to be bitter in taste. This stuff once water is added, it turns yellow and smells like urine. And those pills are packed with about a 1/2 gram of powder and it looks like cottage cheese. I would say the 10% figure is about right. It is garbage. I can't believe people actually use it but I guess without any other options they have no choice and having no experience with other dope they don't know it's garbage. Whatever cut they add gives it a rush and going by rush alone scramble would be the bomb but the duration of the high after the rush is very short. You shoot up a pill, get a rush and need another shot almost immediately.

Initially quinine was used as a cut not for the effects but because of some disease common among heroin users that quinine is a remedy for. I think it was malaria.

I'm familiar with mannitol from my coke slangin days and it definitely isn't 70% mannitol. It's 70% something but not mannitol.

Lactose, milk sugar is the other thing that people call bonita...its still a cut that is around in dope these days tho, ive def. had bags cut with lactose...but I dont know shit-all about the dope in bmore tho so i dont know the shit they puttin in there.

the quinine wasnt put in the dope as a prevention for malaria originally. It was a cut before that was discovered. Once people figured out it was helping that was just another reason it became popular. this was back in the 30s btw. these days you dont see it hardly ever but i personally know of some bags in the past 2 years somebody i know had that they got lab analyzed and they were only cut with quinine nothin else. so it still happens but it definately aint common at all.

In Baltimore did you buy scramble or raw?

It was raw. I've only bought in both Bmore and Richmond a handful of times, for the most part I've bought dope in DC. Richmond and Bmore raw is very close in quality, IMO, but I give Richmond a slight edge. And the "raw" I've got in DC doesn't compare at all.

Lactose, milk sugar is the other thing that people call bonita...its still a cut that is around in dope these days tho, ive def. had bags cut with lactose...but I dont know shit-all about the dope in bmore tho so i dont know the shit they puttin in there.

the quinine wasnt put in the dope as a prevention for malaria originally. It was a cut before that was discovered. Once people figured out it was helping that was just another reason it became popular. this was back in the 30s btw. these days you dont see it hardly ever but i personally know of some bags in the past 2 years somebody i know had that they got lab analyzed and they were only cut with quinine nothin else. so it still happens but it definately aint common at all.

You are like a heroin encyclopedia. Wikiheroin Lacey

Lacey K. I got to admit when I am wrong. I was wrong about Camden. Last night a friend of mine that swears by Philly dope and drives up there instead of just copping here in Delaware, getting the same shit for more money, baffles me, but anyway, he went to his normal spot and it was super hot.

So he ventured over the bridge to Camden. For anyone that never been to Camden picture Gotham City. Picture a city that been in an economic depression for 20 years. It is worse than Detroit IMO as far as cleanliness and general maintenance. Hardly any street lights, that eery gray glow at night, and it's had it's reign as muder capital many times. Anyway my courageous dopesick friend manages to find some bags. Guess he is seasoned enough to go to a strange city and find the spot. Some people have that gift. Not me. I always get beat.

ANYWAY.......I called him earlier in the night to see if he had a bag to spare because I was sick and we look out for each other when we can.

He calls me and shows up to my door with this bag. It is fat as hell, wider than any bag of dope I've ever seen before and pretty packed. I would say it was enough to fill 4 normal Wilmington bags that come from Philly. I emptied it in to the spoon, add 20ccs of water and grab my lighter figuring it was loaded with cut and was gonna need some heat.

Water hits is and it is almost a clear fully dissolved shot. I stirred it out of habit but probably could of gotten away without it.

I shoot 5-8 bags for a decent rush depending on quality of the dope. 1-3 will get me unsick again depending on quality.

I shot that one bag and got a rush and a nice nod for a good 45 minutes.

Lacey K, you know you dope. I am a Jersey dope fan for life. If Camden is that good I to try Newark or Jersey City dope. I'm a pussy when it comes to going to strange cities and going out to cop. I'm white, got out of state plates, don't know the local lingo, and got no idea where to go or where to go if I got to get away from a stick up attempt.

Still if Camden was that good and it is down the troth a ways then I can't imagine what is in North Jerz or NYC. I may give NYC a shot. I feel safe in NYC because I'm a little familiar with it but if it is different than NJ dope then I want the NJ shir.

So I am man enough to say I was wrong and Lacey K was right. Jersey as much as I hate New Jersey Italians is the shit as far as I am concerned. If I ever become a destitute homeless junkie I am taking my ass to Jersey.

What is the Boston scene like? Concerning the NE what I've gathered so far is on the 95 corridor from NYC/North Jerz down to Delaware is the best. I stop at DE because that is where the Philly dope stops. Once you hit Baltimore you got the brown dope which is good but not as good as the white dope in DE, Philly, Jersey, and NYC. Is Boston, or New England for that matter in our pipeline? I am sure Boston, Rhode Island, and Connecticut have dope scenes and they probably all come out of NYC, assuming that it would be RI/Boston down to Philly?DE, then you got Bmore to Richmond, then once you hit the Carolinas I don't know what happens after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
prolly shouldve said use the edit button instead of double posting. if you happen to think of something else to say and you just posted then punch that edit button and add on whatever else you had to mention

prolly shouldve said use the edit button instead of double posting. if you happen to think of something else to say and you just posted then punch that edit button and add on whatever else you had to mention

ok. I googled it and got some UTB 8 stuff and was curious what it was. Thanks.

I can atest to the fact that Vancouver has a GREAT open air market. Its all down a famous street on the East Side. It comes in from SE Asia. And if H isn't your poison there is a fabulous open air market for pharms olso if you come to the city for an H vacation the hotels on the H strip are very cheap. The city even has a safe injection site where you can go in one of several rooms and fix. Then you can go in the lobby and nod. As for the services in the city for dope it makes it definetly the top Canadian city and probably tops many U.S cities. I wont try and compare because i don't have experience in the u.s. but its very cheap priced powder thats for sure. If you find a dealer who doesn't work the street the quality goes up dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal experience is Richmond, VA has the best quality dope. Baltimore comes in second.

i live in richmond and i defnitely do NOT agree ATM! although over the summer there was sure some fire around. everything is pretty mediocre right now. i'm hoping some bomb shit comes around after xmas.

Boston has some good quality NE powder, but there aren't really any open air markets, even in the grimier parts of town like Dorchester, Mattapan, or Southie (although Southie has slowly been hit with the gentrification bug). pretty much in Beantown you have to know a connect, but it's fairly easy enough once you are in the game. I was a newcomer to the city and felt like home within a couple months of living there

hell yea lozgod glad you finally got a chance to have a taste for yourself :) see, us jersey heads aint just talkin shit....