• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Took 50mg hydrocodone 2 hours ago, will I feel this 20mg methadone now or go into WD?

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
So earlier when I woke up I took 50mg of hydrocodone to get rid of my withdrawals, a half hour after I take them I feel great, no withdrawal. An hour later my buddy offers to split a 40 mg dissolvable methadone wafer, the only thing I do not want to do is take methadone with hydrocodone having been in my system for a couple of hours now and end up going into some kind of precipitated withdrawal. I am not sure if I got that correct or if I am wrong and have been reading lots of conflicting posts and forums online. Thanks!! P.S. I am an experienced opiate user, used to take methadone but I took the round ingestible ones, never the ones that have to be dissolved. Thanks again!

Methadone isnt a opiate antagonist you will be fine taking it with the hydro if you have a tolerance

Also I just had something pop into my mind. Now if after this methadone dose if take more hydrocodone, would that be considered a waste or will I still feel the newly ingested hydro?

wait and see how you feel after you give the methadone a good long while to kick in. it takes a long time to feel it

wait and see how you feel after you give the methadone a good long while to kick in. it takes a long time to feel it

Ok definitely, I ask mainly because I have read some posts in certain forums where people say it would be a waste to the hydro while being on a methadone high because "the methadone is stronger than hydro and won't allow the hydro on the receptors" something along those lines is what I have been reading

you'll probably be feeling pretty good after the methadone kicks in. i love those wafers!