• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tolperisone Vs codeine for pain

bolero

Greenlighter
Hi I have severe endometriosis pain once or twice a month and usually take cocodamol (paracetamol and codeine) with from 15-60mg per dose. I take 0.5mg alprazolam and 5mg valium for sleep every night. When the pain is very bad I also mix the cocodamol with benzos and I know my tolerance so it's fine.

I can't get codeine now as I'm not in the UK, and asked for the strongest stuff they had here and got given Tolperisone 50mg. Never heard of it before

TLDR: how does Tolperisone compare with cocodamol for severe pain? And will I be ok to mix it with say 1-2mg alprazolam if needed

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will mix with ibuprofen, mefanemic acid (sp?) Plus benzos, And diclofenac and hope for the best

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will mix with ibuprofen, mefanemic acid (sp?) Plus benzos, And diclofenac and hope for the best
Please use caution if you are mixing three NSAIDs. If you're gonna mix, use low doses of each, or just use a normal or high dose of one. If you mix with higher end doses just make sure to have with food. If you go too hard with all those NSAIDs it could result in progression towards a stomach ulcer.

Thankyou I really appreciate the advice, I will start with 2 and see.

Also have been given celebrex but you have to take it before pain starts and there are many days of pre pain so I can't really

Thankyou I really appreciate the advice, I will start with 2 and see.

Also have been given celebrex but you have to take it before pain starts and there are many days of pre pain so I can't really
How do you do with the mefenamic acid on its own? You shouldn’t need to add ibuprofen or anything and as was stated above that’s not very safe. Paracetamol and mefenamic acid should help in the mean time.

Thanks. Paracetamol and mefenamic acid do very little with just them two. I'm talking 10 out of 10 pain levels.

Thanks. Paracetamol and mefenamic acid do very little with just them two. I'm talking 10 out of 10 pain levels.
Yeah then you need to arrange to see a Dr in whatever country you’re in.

Edno pain is just awful so I really feel for you.

Thanks, I've seen 2 doctors but not much help. I'll hope for the best!

Thanks, I've seen 2 doctors but not much help. I'll hope for the best!
That’s awful, honestly Drs are really shit dealing with women’s issues. We are not equally treated in healthcare.

Please see another Dr if you can or insist to your current one to take your pain seriously. They can do laparoscopic surgery to investigate endo and even treat it by removing tissue.

I’m not sure where you live now but see if there are any support groups available to you.

Here’s a link to UK site but they have great resources and an online support group.