• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tolerance with heroin and pills

BennyTightAss

Greenlighter
Would you be able to lower tolerance by switching back and forth weekly with bth and oxycodone?

I should have rephrased that question.. I guess what I’m wanting to know is, would that possibly keep your tolerance from building up faster for both by “taking a week off” from each one so to speak

Oxy stopped working for me once I started with the dope. My tolerance just got too high.

^Like said above the heroin is just going to make the oxy feel weaker as you gain a tolerance for it. You may get a slight increase in effects when switching back to heroin after being on oxy but the effect is going to be minimal if it even exists at all.

Even though opiate cross tolerance is technically always incomplete it doesn't mean your opiate receptors are any less desensitized. The practical difference in effects of heroin and oxy are very minimal.

Okay thank you sir.. my guy recently switched from getting oxy 30s to 20s and is charging the same price and like most people that start doing dope after doing Oxy it is just becoming too expensive.. have only tried it a few times and didn’t want to fully commit to switching either due to obvious reasons.

Be careful, it's a slippery slope when you start using H to replace an expensive pill habit. Just stay safe and titrate your doses slowly with H.

I beg you, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Switching to heroin or just using a few times can be the last nail in the coffin... I'm not a religious person, but Heroin is literally the Devil. And once you start withdrawing from it...its like walking in hell, being tortured for 24/7... It can take the strongest of people (mentally and physically) down to their knee's. Ask yourself, "What do I benefit from using heroin?" If its simply to save money, that NOT a good reason. Be careful... please.

I beg you, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Switching to heroin or just using a few times can be the last nail in the coffin... I'm not a religious person, but Heroin is literally the Devil. And once you start withdrawing from it...its like walking in hell, being tortured for 24/7... It can take the strongest of people (mentally and physically) down to their knee's. Ask yourself, "What do I benefit from using heroin?" If its simply to save money, that NOT a good reason. Be careful... please.
if someone is in pain and they are just sick of life though its not that easy is it every heroin addict says if they could turn back time if they knew what they knew now they wouldn't be addicted im an addict but i dont say that because its bulshit i used because my life is shit and deppressing(before i even touched drugs) im not saying its not addictive of course but i think it can help some people get back into their groove but they probably dont need heroin try a less potent opiate/opioid

if someone is in pain and they are just sick of life though its not that easy is it every heroin addict says if they could turn back time if they knew what they knew now they wouldn't be addicted im an addict but i dont say that because its bulshit i used because my life is shit and deppressing(before i even touched drugs) im not saying its not addictive of course but i think it can help some people get back into their groove but they probably dont need heroin try a less potent opiate/opioid

Im not just talking about the addiction problem. Im talking about the fentanyl/carfentanyl problem that heroin is cut with. The first time you take it, it could very easily kill you. I responded to a person last shift, who tried heroin for the very first time. Almost killed him. It literally 6mg of Narcan to get him to come around.

Well i cant argue on that one obviously you use some extra caution when dosing, fentanyl is no joke ive seen people od on it myself where their they cant even talk cus theyre breathing has stopped I feel if i took it the first time(heroin) and microdosed i would probably be ok unfortunately i need 560mg+ for a decent codeine high which is pretty shit I would probably have tried h by now if I knew someone i could trust not to rip me off..

Well i cant argue on that one obviously you use some extra caution when dosing, fentanyl is no joke ive seen people od on it myself where their they cant even talk cus theyre breathing has stopped I feel if i took it the first time(heroin) and microdosed i would probably be ok unfortunately i need 560mg+ for a decent codeine high which is pretty shit I would probably have tried h by now if I knew someone i could trust not to rip me off..

As a heroin addict myself, I knew there were other ways to get pain relief. Whether it be marijuana, ketamine, etc. I recently switched to marijuana because of 5 reasons (these were the main ones). 1. The pain relief is just as good as H (if not better, depending on the strain..imo) 2. I don't have to worry about overdosing every time I take a puff (it's safer) 3. Its cheaper (not trying to talk about cost, but it IS a factor). 4. Marijuana has other health benefits that can help me as well. Ie. epilepsy, nausea, anxiety, increased appetite, etc. 5. I was going down a path, I didn't want to be going down... heroin, especially used for a long time... Nothing good comes from it. ☠ I know what it's like being in excruciating pain... Im in it every day and it sucks. Im currently about to WD from my H soon. And I cant wait to get it over and done with.

I knew there were better alternatives, but I simply loved opiates too much. I'm an opiate/heroin addict and will always be one (even if I get clean). I'll always have that hunger inside me...

Unfortunately, every time we use street drugs... we literally risk our live's EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we use them. Nobody knows what's inside them. One batch might be "good". The next one might very well kill you. I'd rather not have to respond to one of you guys because of an OD. Be safe. <3 ya'll.

Last edited:
As a heroin addict myself, I knew there were other ways to get pain relief. Whether it be marijuana, ketamine, etc. I recently switched to marijuana because of 4 reasons (these were the main ones). 1. The pain relief is just as good as H (if not better, depending on the strain..imo) 2. I don't have to worry about overdosing every time I take a puff (it's safer) 3. Its cheaper (not trying to talk about cost, but it IS a factor). 4. Marijuana has other health benefits that can help me as well. Ie. epilepsy, nausea, anxiety, increased appetite, etc. I know what it's like being in excruciating pain... Im in it every day and it sucks. Im currentely about to WD from my H soon. And I cant wait to get it over and done with.

I knew there were better alternatives, but I simply loved opiates too much. I'm an opiate/heroin addict and will always be one (even if I get clean). I'll always have that hunger inside me...

Unfortunately, every time we use street drugs... we literally risk our live's EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we use them. Nobody knows what's inside them. One batch might be "good". The next one might very well kill you. I'd rather not have to respond to one of you guys because of an OD. Be safe. <3 ya'll.
Marijuana? Ha i wish i felt the same as you do if i had a spliff it would maybe help a little bit but to be honest it would just be a waste than if i saved it to have with some codeine i dont think it comes anywhere close to opiates but maybe that because i always combine opiates and weed so when i have them without eachother it just feels empty..

The thing that gets me is i wanna keep the codeine high going as long as possible the most ive probably managed is 60+hours with some nice after day effects I know its not anyway to live but its just the way it is like you said we both have that hunger inside us and in this shit deppressing world that is everything but a fairytale does that really make us so bad or the people who dont know anything about drugs and slag us off maybe they would be happier with some opiates in them heh

Marijuana? Ha i wish i felt the same as you do if i had a spliff it would maybe help a little bit but to be honest it would just be a waste than if i saved it to have with some codeine i dont think it comes anywhere close to opiates but maybe that because i always combine opiates and weed so when i have them without eachother it just feels empty..

The thing that gets me is i wanna keep the codeine high going as long as possible the most ive probably managed is 60+hours with some nice after day effects I know its not anyway to live but its just the way it is like you said we both have that hunger inside us and in this shit deppressing world that is everything but a fairytale does that really make us so bad or the people who dont know anything about drugs and slag us off maybe they would be happier with some opiates in them heh

Wish ya the best of luck. Remember you can always take more... just be careful. Heading off to bed, got work tomorrow. Goodnight.

It started with tabs and Percs from a car accident about six years ago where I totaled my car then I got hooked on roxy 30s shortly there after.. without opiates my entire body feels weak and sore, one of the main reasons I have always came back to them when I would quit is that and it makes me feel “normal” again.. I know switching to H isn’t a smart idea and am aware of all the risks associated with it as I personally have lost many people I grew up with to it.. I also smoke weed every night but it isn’t enough by itself to make me feel right..

Don't... Simple as that.

Also sourcing is against the rules and no one here will help you... Especially because it wouldn't be helping you to find it.

Anyone willing to give you your first dose of opiods is not your friend; and that goes twice if they push IV use.

Don't... Simple as that.

Also sourcing is against the rules and no one here will help you... Especially because it wouldn't be helping you to find it.

Anyone willing to give you your first dose of opiods is not your friend; and that goes twice if they push IV use.
I just came across a couple of older posts where people might have been sourcing. I wasn’t trying to. I was just asking things like a bar, store, office...how did it start? Where did it start? I’d never go IV. Oral ingestion only for me. Just to be safe, I’ll delete my previous post. Thanks, Tacodude.

Most people start because someone who can't afford their supply convinces a new drug user to try a new drug knowing that person will buy some to share for showing them something to try where they know they're helping a person start the slow path of destroying their life not caring because they just want to get a dose and stop withdrawing so they can feel normal knowing the newbies just trying to get high...

Go get some LSD or something, but stay the fuck away from opiods.

That’s very interesting, thanks. Back to my originally poorly worded question though, where do you find it? You referenced “Go get some LSD...” The problem I have is that I don’t know anyone anywhere who has access to this stuff.
Do you remember where and how you got your very first dose?