• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tolerance a myth, blent in with addiction.

I notice this for opiods/stimulants. Dont let the people trying to control you tell you otherwise.
How long you been using stims and opiates???
Because there are loads of reports of people not being able to get high anymore on amphetamine /methamphetamine after many years of ridiculous overuse.
Also, a ton of reports of people's tolorance skyrocketing from fentanyl analogs which are in most street opiates these days in the Americas.

Hey bandit, I dont mean to deny your experience or beliefs here, but tolerance to the effects of different drugs is one of the few things we actually, fully know and understand (almost).

When a drug like an Opioid is administered, the Opioid receptors will down regulate in response to exposure, which leads to the requirement of higher dosages for the same effect and in that same vein, withdrawal.

I understand your opinion, but we are a Harm Reduction community and you have to try to understand that telling people that drug tolerance is a "myth" could be very problematic and possibly even dangerous.

Just please consider a little bit of research and fact-checking before posting such a direct message. It's nothing personal man, but we have to look out for our peers.

What I think is you dont have to adjust the doses as much as people do, theres usually doses that last for awhile when increasing the amount

35 yrs in the game, max time off 1 yr. Total 3 yrs clean in that span. Last 5 yrs binges. Tolerance absolutely depends on mindset when you start. And whether or not use sketches you or normalizes. In other words if your skin doesn’t fit before ,you’re fucked.
And at the end of the day it doesn’t matter, younger folks will read HR advice from elders, The whole time thinking I’m smarter than that what a dumb ass. I’d never do that. And by the time you figure out you’re just an amateur in the ring with Mike fucking Tyson, Your whooped

I have been using IV stiumulants for 30 years. In the first 5 years (using mainly amphetamine sulfate) I never once noticed tolerance. Every shot was a winner. In the last 5 years (using mainly meth) I have been unable to experience euphoria no matter the dose unless i wait something like 6 months between shots. I get one euphoric hit after six months and thereafter each shot is just norepinephrine stimulation. When starting a binge after six months rest 1 point works for 24 hours. Within a week or so, 24 hours requires a gram

So I think euphoric-related tolerance (dopamine connected) and stim-related tolerance (norepinephrine connected) operate differently. But they are both real. However, even when highly tolerant, stims are still desireable for making me feel normal (even if not euphoric or stimmed).

I have been using IV stiumulants for 30 years. In the first 5 years (using mainly amphetamine sulfate) I never once noticed tolerance. Every shot was a winner. In the last 5 years (using mainly meth) I have been unable to experience euphoria no matter the dose unless i wait something like 6 months between shots. I get one euphoric hit after six months and thereafter each shot is just norepinephrine stimulation. When starting a binge after six months rest 1 point works for 24 hours. Within a week or so, 24 hours requires a gram

So I think euphoric-related tolerance (dopamine connected) and stim-related tolerance (norepinephrine connected) operate differently. But they are both real. However, even when highly tolerant, stims are still desireable for making me feel normal (even if not euphoric or stimmed).

Do you think its because the shit we get today is crap compared to what we used to get in the 90's?

Well .. my tolerance developed while taking SSB's speed (for those who remember their online vendors). It tested at 80% or something nuts with harmless polutants ... and I had a VERY big bag.

I can't get high on stims for more than about 4 hours before it's mostly side effects these days ... and so while yes! the speed is worse .. it's still speed.

At least meth still works. And with the strong amp tolerance it no longer seems to have the psychosis inducing properties .. or to last anywhere near as long.

Well .. my tolerance developed while taking SSB's speed (for those who remember their online vendors). It tested at 80% or something nuts with harmless polutants ... and I had a VERY big bag.

I can't get high on stims for more than about 4 hours before it's mostly side effects these days ... and so while yes! the speed is worse .. it's still speed.

At least meth still works. And with the strong amp tolerance it no longer seems to have the psychosis inducing properties .. or to last anywhere near as long.
Funny you mentioned the psychosis inducing properties because I have had any of those experiances for a while now.