Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

Food, running water, electricity, my animals, a roof over my head.

But most of all I proved once again to myself that I am still strong. Ran into 2 of my old pill dealers in Dollar General about an hour ago and when they asked me if I wanted something I said No !! Damn, I was triggered bad and it took all I had but I did it. Jesus, I got home and thanked my lucky stars that I didn't go to the atm and take them up on it.

I guess I really am recovering.

Food, running water, electricity, my animals, a roof over my head.

But most of all I proved once again to myself that I am still strong. Ran into 2 of my old pill dealers in Dollar General about an hour ago and when they asked me if I wanted something I said No !! Damn, I was triggered bad and it took all I had but I did it. Jesus, I got home and thanked my lucky stars that I didn't go to the atm and take them up on it.

I guess I really am recovering.
Be careful NR.. it’s a cycle. Your doing amazing❤️.. just take stock and take appropriate steps to prevent end cycle rotation.

Thankful I FINALLY found a place to move into...away from pathological, motherf*cking, gaslighting, attempted murderess cousin. It's above a bar!! So, additionally thankful I do not have a drinking problem. Now, if it was above an opium den... Anyway, I hate moving more than anything and feeling tossed around like a dirty shirt on spin cycle. But damn, I am relieved. And day 3 (again) of no dope.
Love Y'all.

Thankful I FINALLY found a place to move into...away from pathological, motherf*cking, gaslighting, attempted murderess cousin. It's above a bar!! So, additionally thankful I do not have a drinking problem. Now, if it was above an opium den... Anyway, I hate moving more than anything and feeling tossed around like a dirty shirt on spin cycle. But damn, I am relieved. And day 3 (again) of no dope.
Love Y'all.
A while back I briefly lived in a pay-by-the-week hotel that was above a strip club. The bass thumping downstairs put me to sleep every night, like a stripper's lullaby.

Glad to hear you made an escape from the toxic situation.

Thankful for Ma Nature.

On a smoke break at work today I watched a robin building a nest in a sapling outside the restaurant. She was making a good-sized, sturdy-looking nest; I was impressed with her construction skills.
There are not many trees around and this is a fairly busy part of the city. It's wonderful how Nature perseveres under less-than-ideal circumstances. Reminds me of the quote by George Carlin:

I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so fuckin' heroic.

Hell yeah!

Thankful to have my sobriety back and a nice stable place for my cat & I to live. My neighbours can be loud and sometimes the police show up but that's nothing new for me. Last year I spent time living in a bed bug infested hotel with 2 bars and a liquor store less than 5 minutes away. So it's nice not to have that temptation always there.

The Arts.. or anything we are so enraptured doing we get to that spot where we lose everything including time. Broke out the paint today and two hours went by in a blink as I was lost.