Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

Thanks for asking @thegreenhand. We got a 100 on our last assignment, but two people botched their parts on this last one, so we are hopefully looking at a B on this one.
Zoom conference on Tuesday to sort it all out... 😕 Who thought group grades were a good idea?

Thanks for asking @thegreenhand. We got a 100 on our last assignment, but two people botched their parts on this last one, so we are hopefully looking at a B on this one.
Zoom conference on Tuesday to sort it all out... 😕 Who thought group grades were a good idea?
damn I’d be rippin those folks a new one lol

group grades are silly, especially given that you can’t even collaborate in person

Should be getting a new car in a couple weeks. None too soon as I've been driving my shit illegally on a failed inspection for about a month now (it's a rural area and I'm registered in a different state so they don't know the stickers, so I'm relatively safe doing it, but still.)

Also, this:
Just got back from visiting an AA friend who's in the hospital after a pretty serious bike vs car accident, after relapsing. Nigga is lucky to be alive. Had to have bowels resected in several places, narrowly avoided getting a colonoscopy. Head injury as bad or worse as what he already got getting blown up in Afghanistan. High as a motherfucker on Dilaudid with a phenobarbital chaser to prevent the DTs. Loopy and disinhibited. All in all, I mean, fuck. Makes you think, really. You're taking a daily risk with that kind of stuff out there living the life. I for one certainly never gave those kinds of risks any mind. I guess when you're just going hard you don't think about it, but now looking back on the shit that I did, it was absolutely insane. Taking risks with life, limb, and law on the daily and for what?
Sometimes there's nothing like seeing a motherfucker really going thru some things to make you glad you're sober.

1 month clean from fent dope. Went back to my old ways after using only 2x a month for about a year. Then bam like 6 weeks ago next thing I knew i was using a g a day again. Me and and friend have gotten sober at the same time. Using each other for support. On 4mg bupe a day both of us. Sucks but at the same time it's awesome being free of that. Y'all know what I mean

being able to move

This guy has accomplished significantly more in life than I have by simply laying there, immobile, tilting his head and using a straw to read books...

Is life truly as difficult as people think? Or is this man a hero?

When death says it's time to die this mofo was just like "nah... I got shit to do, fuck off"

and I complain about neck cramps from sleeping awkwardly... this guy... bless him

Last edited:
My home, food. pets, and clothes. Fresh air, laptop, books. Kratom and weed. My Mom is still alive and healthy. As is my only Son. I live on the poverty level as far as income goes but I sure don't feel poor. I feel Blessed.

Been doing homeless outreach on Saturdays for nearly a year now, and one thing that I am grateful for today is having shelter, food, and water. Since doing this i've noticed that the homeless population here in the city isn't what the public make them out to be. They are not like some terrible people that are going to hurt you. They are mostly lost souls that have lost their way, and almost everyone that I run into has always been real polite.
So yeah, even when I was living on the streets, there wasn't much assistance like people coming to see me much. If anything I would have to walk afew miles to go and see them. We actually go down to tent communities, and under bridges where the homeless community has made quite a living space.

Healthy, joyful, curious and smart 7 year old son and a beautiful (both inner and outer beauty) wife. If they were not here nor would I be.

I'm thankful for when I was born. Of any time I could have been born in human history to date, I feel like this time represents just about hitting the jackpot.