• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

I am thankful for those who can understand and help out others that have feelings and addictions. And also be able to sympathize with the stresses and struggles of this.

Especially someone like Xorkoth, if there even is someone else like that. Um, lol. Who has been through it all just when life was supposed to start out at its happiest. Thank you after everything you have been through for still being able to be the strong one, at times.

Thank you for all of the help and support through the journey and for everyone that has cared.

I struggle with words to say and wish that I could write and explain with proper and formal literacy. Or at least try to lean towards being educated correctly when having that opportunity to be so also. And am trying to to do the best with my abilities or at least try my best to have some. Probably discipline or something like that too. But it all takes practice to be that intelligent.

I am thankful for all of the wonderful souls that I am able to have a foundation to start to learn from and am thankful for that presence.

Oh, and last but not least am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to ramble on like this. So you see what I am saying. I guess.

I wish we had a psychologists on here too. Oh crap ! I was supposed to be the psychologist until my life got ruined. But I guess we all have a little psychologist in us all anyway. Lol.

Thank you BL for going no place where no one has ever gone before. Well just about. And thank you. I am not joking. Just trying so badly to write. 😁

Yay !! BOHICA everybody.

3 weeks today! 2 days no subs. @Kara Kava I'm doing pretty much the same thing: living on a friend's property pretty far from everything and really getting away from it all. It's probably what's kept me clean this long.
Congratulations on making it this far and keep up the good work work! You can do this❤

Today I'm thankful for getting into psychosomatic rehab in December :D

It was the first time I felt real happiness since months and this was sooooo great!!!

JJ

Thankful for Bluelight, my family and friends, and the sun shining bright on my face, despite this bitter cold

I am thankful for my closest family members, my mother, and my brother, I'm thankful that I have them in my life and that I can be 100% sure that they always have my best interests at heart, and will always forgive me no matter how much I screw up.

When I feel depressed I often feel like I have a lot less than most people I see, but I really do have more than some people too. :)

13 Days of no cigarettes! 1st and hopefully last attempt at quitting after smoking for 16 years (10/per day).

Going to fucking do it! 🙏💪☝️♥️

13 Days of no cigarettes! 1st and hopefully last attempt at quitting after smoking for 16 years (10/per day).

Going to fucking do it! 🙏💪☝️♥️

Oh hey that's a good one too! Congrats! :) <3

I was also at about 10 per day shortly before I quit. I reached 6 months a couple days ago.

You can do it. :D

Oh hey that's a good one too! Congrats! :) <3

I was also at about 10 per day shortly before I quit. I reached 6 months a couple days ago.

Good shit. I am psychologically still trying to think of myself as a non-smoker. So far it hasn't been crazy hard or easy either (have nic gum and low dose patches, so not cold turkey-ing it). I remain cautiously optimistic :)

Good shit. I am psychologically still trying to think of myself as a non-smoker. So far it hasn't been crazy hard or easy either (have nic gum and low dose patches, so not cold turkey-ing it). I remain cautiously optimistic :)

It was weird for me. I mean, I had tried quitting before without success, several different ways (including gum and patches)

But this particular time... It was actually dare I say it, easy?

This time I went from the 10 a day I'd been smoking, subtracted a cigarette every 2 days until I got to 3 cigarettes a day, then stopped.

The first day was difficult, the 2nd was easier but also not super easy.

After that though it rapidly got a lot easier.
No gum, no patches. And that worked better than any previous attempt by a wide margin. I dunno if might have been a fluke or maybe I was just in the right head space this time so to speak.

I do still crave cigarettes though, not every day, but sometimes. Usually not for very long though.

It was weird for me. I mean, I had tried quitting before without success, several different ways.

But this particular time... It was actually dare I say it, easy?

This time I went from the 10 a day I'd been smoking, subtracted a cigarette every 2 days until I got to 3 cigarettes a day, then stopped.

The first day was difficult, the 2nd was easier but also not super easy.

After that though it rapidly got a lot easier.

Right on. I didn't even bother with a cig taper, just went straight to the cessation aids. I have been a pretty consistent 10/day smoker in general (bar the 3 years I was on heroin, then that was prob a pack a day, but 8 years clean off the H now).

Right on. I didn't even bother with a cig taper, just went straight to the cessation aids. I have been a pretty consistent 10/day smoker in general (bar the 3 years I was on heroin, then that was prob a pack a day, but 8 years clean off the H now).

I actually smoked a lot less on heroin. Because I spent all my money on heroin and buying cigarettes were a secondary priority to me. So I didn't smoke as much. I still smoked every day, just not as much.

Most of the time I smoked I probably smoked about 20 a day, but I cut down to 10 a day a few months prior to quitting in preparation for getting off them.

I actually smoked a lot less on heroin. Because I spent all my money on heroin and buying cigarettes were a secondary priority to me. So I didn't smoke as much. I still smoked every day, just not as much.

Most of the time I smoked I probably smoked about 20 a day, but I cut down to 10 a day a few months prior to quitting in preparation for getting off them.

Oh yeah, I forgot how fucking crazy expensive cigs are in Australia. A pack of Marlboro lights in Beijing, China would cost me... 4.17 Aussie bucks (but prob more like 3 Aussie bucks as the RMB is way stronger now than it was back in 2009).

Oh yeah, I forgot how fucking crazy expensive cigs are in Australia. A pack of Marlboro lights in Beijing, China would cost me... 4.17 Aussie bucks (but prob more like 3 Aussie bucks as the RMB is way stronger now than it was back in 2009).

The cost was a big part of the reason. The covid19 crisis made me a bit more concerned about my long term health too.

I'll be honest though if it weren't for the cost and the health issues I'd never have quit. Never ever ever.

I loved smoking, I'd never have quit out of some principle about not being addicted or anything. Just the health and cost issues.

I loved smoking, I'd never have quit out of some principle about not being addicted or anything. Just the health and cost issues.
I dont even love smoking anymore. I smoke 35 cigs a day. Its fucking sick. I really need to quit cigs.

Respect for quitting. I remember Soso was giving you a hard time about it but you proved him wrong.

I dont even love smoking anymore. I smoke 35 cigs a day. Its fucking sick. I really need to quit cigs.

Respect for quitting. I remember Soso was giving you a hard time about it but you proved him wrong.
You considered other forms of nicotine. Like vapes or snuff?