• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 4 Infinite Chances in an Amazing World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thankful for the upcoming holidays. Somehow even in these days some people seem to have that positive effect on others.

+ health insurance. That and dogs. That and snowy days which make laziness natural and acceptable.

Dogs are great!! Mine is 10 years old. Still acts like a young and cheerful buddy! :)

Im grateful for so much but my program and my sobriety come first. I am grateful that my mom is no longer in pain and confusion. I am grateful for my best little buddy, my cat wh has been my everyday companion and most of all im grateful to be alive after the worst year of my life!?

^ Well I can also say this year was one of the worst but at the same time great because I'm sober.
9 months, 27 days!! :)

^ I second that! That's awesome erikmen!
I'm thankful for making it 18 days today. Last night was the hardest night on me so far, I have never wanted to use or been so close to using as I was last night. So I am thankful I still woke up with my sobriety.

That's great, congrats!! This is a very important phase you've gone through and I see that makes you proud of yourself. It should! I'm glad you are feeling good about this.
Keep it up! :)

Family. . Was my sons birthday yesterday and my grandmothers 90th today.

Kido Is going paintballing.. should be interesting when they find out how much they hurt to get hit with.

I am so thankful that I got two new clients today for my consulting business!

Tonight I am thankful for getting off work.. It took everything in me to be here tonight and then didn't even make good money. So wasn't worth the hassle today :/

^ That's awesome man. Good luck!

Tonight I am thankful for getting off work.. It took everything in me to be here tonight and then didn't even make good money. So wasn't worth the hassle today :/

I know the feeling. :\

Grateful this year is about to end, got a lot of work done but still have a pile to go through until Christmas.

More and more people are going off to their holidays which means more work to be done.
Soon it will be my turn.

^ it'll just make your holiday even better then!
I don't really get a holiday I mean I have Xmas eve and Xmas off and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off so that's cool, buuuut I don't have any family. My mom passed away 3 months ago and she was all I really had out here so I'm totally with you on wanting this stupid year to be over. I don't wanna go thru these holidays at all.
But hey, might sound stupid but, today I am thankful for these people I have met in NA, they really do care about me, I am thankful knowing even tho I don't have my mom I am not going to be alone because of them :) that truely makes me happy. I just think back to this thanksgiving I was alone in my apartment with nothing to eat and barely even enough dope to not be sick, I think about just sitting in my bed crying because I wanted more drugs, and I know it's not going to be like that for Xmas and I'm truely thankful for that right now too.

It's crazy thinking back on thanksgiving how bad I wanted drugs and the very next day was my last shot and I never wanted to touch it again.
Sorry im done! Ha
EXjunkiegirl23

Good to see you are doing better, going to NA meetings and all. They can be really great.
I'm sorry about your mom. It's been only 3 months, it must be really tough going through these holidays.

I've also had my last shot 10 months ago. And it feels great now - finally. It wasn't easy but this is better.
Keep moving forward! ;)

Thankful because I'm 10 months sober and I'm happy. Finally!! :) <3
I thought I would never have this beautiful feeling again. I thought I'd be depressed for the rest of my life, but no I'm fine.
Better every day, although moments of sadness is also there.
But that indicates I'm alive. Fear, love, hate, joy, pain.
24.gif

I'm having them all. I was numb for over a decade. Can't believe I made it so far.
smile.gif

God helps me to keep this longer and longer until I don't have to worry about it anymore!

^ yay that's awesome! I'm totally smiling for you!
I woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face knowing that I was writing 21 days clean in my journal :D
I am also thankful for the fact it's not raining today while I am walking to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.