• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants To many questions RE meth don’t want to make a million posts….

Blavlanamebla

Greenlighter
I just have sooooo many questions i thought I would try to consolidate them here:
(basic background info been using daily for about 3 or more months now, no longer feel any energy pleasure etc.., adhd so never cared for a rush only felt it a few times only ever felt like I could get shit done throughout the day, I eat and sleep normaly but lost a good 30 lbs)
- can you get “to high” smoking the same amount as you normally plug?
- what is the brain confusion that comes after monthly daily use? Normal now that the pleasure feeling is gone or is it the cut?
- is plugging/booty bumping safer than other ways of using
- how Much magnesium am I supposed to be taking daily? The pills are 100mg (chelates) more than 2 or 3 messes up my stomach
- is nausea, headaches, muscle cramps, stomach pains normal?
- most commonly I have a horrible pain in what I can only guess is my lower ab muscles (undearneath the bellybutton) I work at an axe bar so it could be throwing axes but it’s just a constant pain to the side under belly button, is this also normal? could it be lack of potassium? (first time I ever went to the hospital for what I now assume was meth induced psychosis I was told I had a potassium deficiency but it also could have been their way of dismissing me as they would normally do with someone coming in for drugs/alcohol)

- most commonly I have a horrible pain in what I can only guess is my lower ab muscles (undearneath the bellybutton) I work at an axe bar so it could be throwing axes but it’s just a constant pain to the side under belly button, is this also normal?
Have you been checked for a Epigastric Hernia?

Thank you so much for your response, so I haven’t because I’ve been wanting to find a general practitioner that I could be honest with about my use but 1. To tired and busy all the time 2. have found that most doctors either arent knowledgeable on substance use or just write you off because you are an addict. But when it first happened thats exactly what I thought it was but I didn’t see any sort of bulge?

Thank you so much for your response, so I haven’t because I’ve been wanting to find a general practitioner that I could be honest with about my use but 1. To tired and busy all the time 2. have found that most doctors either arent knowledgeable on substance use or just write you off because you are an addict. But when it first happened thats exactly what I thought it was but I didn’t see any sort of bulge?
Yeah if you get them near your belly button they are smaller, so they may not bulge. Still hurt though, and you mentioned it does constantly. Definitely go get checked out to at least confirm or eliminate that possibility.

Welcome to BlueLight by the way.

What are you eating and how often? Are you drinking enough water? 30lbs in 3 months is a huge loss of weight, you could be suffering from malnutrition. You have to force yourself to eat when doing long stimulant stints like these. Otherwise the side effects of a fucked diet will completely negate any benefit you get from the stimulant. Sometimes I don't realize how little i've eaten on a stimulant run. I start to feel like death, but once I have a couple good balanced meals and a healthy dose of hydrating electrolytes I do a complete 180. Eating on stimulant binges is a must, not only is it the healthier thing to do, but it also makes you feel so much better during regular stim use.

Once you get to the stage of stimulant use where you are getting brain fog instead of mental clarity, and a host of other distressing side effects, you need to stop using for a while.

A tolerance break is the only thing that will resolve the mental side effects. Meth, and most other strong stims, flood the brain with massive amounts of dopamine/serotonin/etc and eventually your brain is shooting blanks.

If you cease using for a month you will feel a lot better and you'll be able to return to productive, although sporadic, use. These side effects will only get more frequent and distressing if you continue to use without stints of abstinence thrown in there. Believe me, you will feel so much better being off stims for a few weeks.

Last edited:
good luck finding the GP that is cool w meth use. might need to time travel to 1942