• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines To DOB or not to DOB, and to DOC, that is the question

DOB dosages are very sensitive. 3.5mg considered being an overdose. Most people taking these drugs don't have scales that accurately measure 1mg of substance. Liquid measurement can be used but it is still not an exact science.

With that being said if you take very high doses 3.5mg+ i would expect very negative results. High doses of an RC seems to have increasingly negative effects. With this one being one of the most sensitive with dosages it doesn't surprise me many don't enjoy it.

DOB is alot like long-lived 2c-b. It is quite different but the visuals aren't too different just more intense. DOB is pretty enjoyable. 1mg is a clean body high. 3mg is quite an experience. Some users report bad side effects around 2mg while for others 2mg is a sweet spot. Drug interactions always vary with the user.

Is it a common curse amongst RC enthusiasts to take powerful psychedelics with pretty much no prior motive other than: "eh nothing else to do"? It's easy when you typically have a pretty huge amount of a substance.

Pretty much the case with me. But then I've always tripped that way for the most part - I rarely if ever have a specific reason for dosing other than I have the urge to do so. Seems to work well for me for the most part. I find it ebbs and flows - sometimes I trip several times a week, sometimes not at all for weeks. Perhaps unsurprisingly I do tend to dose more often when I have a good stash built up but I can also see the potential risks of dosing purely for the hell of it. I find I take something positive from it everytime though. Even if I'm just tripping my lil nutsack off and playing Mario or summat :D

On topic, I've yet to sample any of the DOx compounds but DOM has been calling my name for a long time now... soon... Just goes to show that just because I have something in my stashbox doesn't mean I'll always take it for the hell of it though ;)

Even closer to being on topic, DOC sounds much more appealing than DOB from what I've read.

On topic, I've yet to sample any of the DOx compounds but DOM has been calling my name for a long time now... soon... Just goes to show that just because I have something in my stashbox doesn't mean I'll always take it for the hell of it though ;)

Lol yea i had like 7mg of DOM and i was like "i know this will make me trip until tomorrow.... but as i am sitting in the mountains around a couple hundred hippies and whatnot.... why not?"

As long as your up for tripping 20 hours and not sleeping for around 30 or so i would say go for it.... It was the speediest psych i have ever tried. I had lots of energy, visuals consisted of morphing objects and fractal patterns, have something to gurn on, your jaw will hurt after 20 hours of gurning...

lots of cigarettes will be smoked.... have a couple of packs at least if you smoke at all... Someone to drive you around as well...

The speediness of this drug had its uses though, i was down enough to not consider it tripping by the time i finally had to make the 2 hour drive home, i had gotten nothing i could call sleep since Friday morning. I did not sleep until about midnight on sunday.... but the speediness kept me awake and alert...

my suggestion is to just not overdo it.... A 7mg dose was enough to have me tripping pretty comfortably for the length of it....

I would suggest taking it on a nice day, and a clear night... because it is a fucking beautiful drug as far as nature is concerned...

In my experience, which likely will not relate to yours at all, I find that the "dumb" feeling from 2C-E arises when I'm not respecting the chemical. I end up being very conscious that I don't need to be tripping, and that I'm wasting my time. This happened to me because I was taking 2c-e for pretty much no reason, with no plans for the day. I think that 2C-E needs materials and a well stocked toolbox before the trip can be assembled properly.

I get that on DOx. I feel like "why did I trip now?". You can't take RC's expecting it to be anywhere close to LSD. I think that was my problem.

RC's just aren't deep enough. Not even 2c-e, it's still automatic euphoria with good insight...but into what?

LSD offers more IMO.

LSD doesn't cause a "hard druggy" euphoria like 2c-e or DOB, but at the same time it can cause equally awesome states of "peaceful bliss" if you use it correctly. It can anaylyze your life just as good as the RC's if not better, LSD is amazing I love the way my brain works while I'm frying. Pulling out archives of thoughts that are floating in the cosmos, WHOA THAT'S MY THOUGHT AND MEMORY THAT'S TRIPPED OUT!

The only RC that I have tried so far that I enjoy as much as I enjoy LSD has been 4-ACO-DMT (oral and IV). It doesn't feel like an RC at all -- I have had an ego-shattering ++++ on it, but I have also had many experiences that were very recreational, much more like LSD euphoria than psilocin. Psilacetin/4-ACO-DMT is such a versatile compound.

If you don't mind my asking, what does "an RC feel like"? Isn't RC (Research Chemical) by definition simply a relatively unresearched substance (as opposed to a substance with long history of human consumption)?

I think that the fact that many people associate RCs with certain "feel" or "lack of quality" is all in their head. I've had many beautiful experiences on some of those so called "RCs" perfectly on par with what, for example, LSD can offer. Also, LSD is perfectly capable of inducing the "hard druggy euphoria" (assuming you are referring to the dopaminergic effects of the drugs) as well as 2C-E or DOx, although it is true that those tend to be more likely to do so (being phenethylamines).

Sorry for wandering off topic a bit, just expressing some thoughts I had when reading couple of previous posts in this thread.

DOC is a fun substance. I had a chance to try about 3mg at an outdoor festival and it was great. It hit me really fast like within 30 minutes I had first alerts. The high was very cool with interesting visuals and amazing enhancement of music. However, I do honestly feel that I could have used a bit less in such a social/musical environment. Basically, I was unable to really converse with other people, not because I could not at all or felt paranoid to such as in the case of LSD sometimes, but rather I was too smashed and encapsulated in my own bubble to even care to communicate. When I go out to such venues, I like to be social and chat it up and I feel I was prevented from doing that by the dosage I took. Perhaps 1 to 2mg would have suited me better in such an environment. I could totally see myself being more social and fun with a lower dosage but not at ~3mg.
Other than that, it was amazing. The music was ridiculously crazy cool and the visuals were out of this world. No regrets but lessons learned for next time.

DOB is something like acid but it is more: euphoric,stimulating,visual,psychedelic.
It opened doors in my mind that even very high dose lsd trips or lsd mushrooms combos cant open.Nothing on planet enhance music like dob... not even candyflip.And the visuals... acid is nothing in visuals compared to dob.I love it very much... I never tried DOC

If you don't mind my asking, what does "an RC feel like"? Isn't RC (Research Chemical) by definition simply a relatively unresearched substance (as opposed to a substance with long history of human consumption)?

I think that the fact that many people associate RCs with certain "feel" or "lack of quality" is all in their head. I've had many beautiful experiences on some of those so called "RCs" perfectly on par with what, for example, LSD can offer. Also, LSD is perfectly capable of inducing the "hard druggy euphoria" (assuming you are referring to the dopaminergic effects of the drugs) as well as 2C-E or DOx, although it is true that those tend to be more likely to do so (being phenethylamines).

Sorry for wandering off topic a bit, just expressing some thoughts I had when reading couple of previous posts in this thread.

Good post. :) This is the very reason we made an effort in years past in this forum to dissociate from the term "RC"... it's a blanket term that leads people to believe it's a single, related class of compounds, when in fact all it refers to is a compound that does not have a long history of human experimentation yet. I think some of these substances in the last few years, thanks to communities like ours, are hardly fit to be called "research chemicals" anymore, as they have a large collection of human experimentation now available to everyone.

^I completely agree. TBH, I kind of shudder when I hear the term "RC." Its a blanket statement that tells you essentially nothing.

Whenever I see it I immediately think of it's more popular use (Radio Controlled). But yeah, I find it adds a "stigma" to what are normal psychedelics. It may even give the prohibitionists fodder to say "these people are taking huge risks with these research chemicals that are even more dangerous than already illegal drugs, they should be banned."....

"Our children are taking these dangerous designer drugs! And dying!" :|

Honestly, it really is best to refer to each individual drug as its individual name... some are related to each other. 2C-B is in the same family as 2C-E, although the effects are dramatically different. But 2C-B is nothing like 4-HO-DiPT, or even remotely related. Calling them both "RCs" just makes it easy for people to demonize and misunderstand them.

DOB is the only psychedelic I will never ever take again, and I tell other people not to eat either. I have NEVER experienced such intense side effects from a drug, and my friends that took it shared my pain.

[...]

DOC on the other hand, I took every day for a period, and it seemed like heaven.
I would really, really like to know why it seems like American people always having bad experiences with DOB, whereas reports from Europe are mainly positive. Maybe i only read the wrong reports, but that's what it seems like.

I had DOC once and i liked it (dosage some 3 or 4 mg initial), although it was some "visual-only". DOB brought me those warm, ecstasy-like (a bit milder) feelings which were supported by warm-colored visuals.
The empathogenic effects were definately not as strong as MDMA produces them, but it came quite close - i missed that during my DOC experience.

My DOB dosage was some estimated 2-3 mg (had to eyeball from powder), so it was probably meaningful, maybe a slight +++.

My DOB dosage was some estimated 2-3 mg (had to eyeball from powder).
Very bad idea. You were lucky (and perhaps you have a good eye, but most don't), but it is an extremely bad idea to not get an exact mass of a psychedelic as potent as the 2,5-dimethoxy-amphetamines. Sorry, I just had to point this out for the sake of any novice reading this: if you are not going to take the time to confirm your dose with a mg-accurate scale, you shouldn't be fucking with powerful psychedelics like these.

Oh, sure. Forgot to mention that: don't you all out there ever get the idea of eyeballing such tiny amounts - it's very likely to underestimate the amount followed by a whole weekend of suffering (my DOC experience [which was fine] lasted from friday night until saturday... of course i didn't feel the full effects anymore, but sunday 6pm i still had slight visuals; nobody likes to have an overdose lasting THAT long, so be careful and if you don't have a scale, use water to dissolve and dose).

My eyes are quite reliable and i definately knew how much i had altogether in the baggy, so it was not that big problem to compare the amount taken out with the remaining amount. :)

But yeah, i have to admit that it's negligent and careless to leave a comment which makes people think it's safe to eyeball milligram-amounts. Sorry for that. :)

DOC is a million times better than DOB. Can't even compare the two, really.

That's so much interesting how that differs. As i said: i found DOB much more pleasant, in all aspects.

Maybe you can tell some more? Just that better/worser-thingy is not enough in my opinion. Did you experience DOC to be warmer, more visuals or some discomfort with DOB or anything?

^DOB felt extremely toxic, like I had ingested a potent poison (I felt like DOI seemed toxic as well, very upsetting to my stomach, headache, all that jazz). DOB made me literally crawl into a ball and wish I was dead for a whole day -- with 3mg. Interestingly, I get similar (but many magnitudes milder) effects from 2C-B and 2C-I. In fact I did 2C-I the day before yesterday and I still have a headache. Something about those bromines and iodines don't sit well with my system. However, DOC is absolutely blissful and lovely for me -- likewise, I think 2C-C is one of the greatest compounds in existence, and is just absolutely comforting and perfect in pretty much every way. :)

Interesting - again.

Maybe your system does not like Iodine or Bromine indeed? ^^
Not sure if this would make sense (pharmacologically, i mean), but it sounds kind of logic.

I found DOB AND 2C-B both very pleasant. I would almost say that 2C-B is an unambitious drug, a drug that was just made for having fun. Take it, enjoy it, maybe take more, enjoy more, wait for the effects to pass by and that's it. No bodyload, no headache, no bad coming-down and nothing. The perfect hedonistic drug in my opinion. ^^
Sadly i only had DOB and 2C-B for the halo-comparison. I also tried 2C-I (but no DOI, i think... i'm not quite sure), tried DOC (but no 2C-C). 2C-I gave me some very slight toxic feeling, but nothing to worry about. Would be interesting to see how DOI makes the run. Maybe in august at some outdoor goa. =)

Hehe, this thread makes me want to do some 2C-B or DOB again... last dose was maybe half a year ago. Maybe next weekend. :)

That's so much interesting how that differs. As i said: i found DOB much more pleasant, in all aspects.

Maybe you can tell some more? Just that better/worser-thingy is not enough in my opinion. Did you experience DOC to be warmer, more visuals or some discomfort with DOB or anything?

I also vastly prefer DOC. I find it to be much warmer and with much brighter visuals. It gives me a more interesting headspace. The body feel is great and pleasant, and it does not inhibit my social skills.

DOB makes my body sore and is a very neutral emotional feel for me. It makes it hard for me to communicate with others, and overall feels dark and a bit painful. I didn't find it horrible by any means, but it just doesn't feel anywhere near as food, and it gives me no euphoria either.

Lastly, but not least, DOC is the only DOX I've tried (out of DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM, and aleph-1/DOT) that, after the peak, drops away into a glorious plateau stage where I feel pretty much as perfect as I can envision... I become extremely outgoing and joyful and I feel 200% on mentally and emotionally. It makes me feel smarter and faster and more capable of living my life. This effect lasts for about a day, gradually tapering off. All of the DOXs except DOB make me feel quite nice in the ending stages... DOB made me feel drained and a bit crappy afterwards.

DOC is my favorite substance, and I've used a lot of it. I've used DOB just a couple of times, and am hesitant to use the last dose I have.