Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines To DOB or not to DOB, and to DOC, that is the question

Dr.DOB

Bluelighter
I wish to determine which people prefer DOB or DOC
please voice your opinions and tell me why you prefer that one
thanks I really appreciate it =D

I have only had the chance to try DOM....

tripping 20 hours is interesting, i rather enjoyed it for the most part at a 6mg dose.... Little bit of twitchiness, and not being able to sleep until like 30+ hours after dosing....

Lots of laughing.... very mental, clear visuals... mostly morphing and fractals... night time was simply beautiful... purple sky with a bit of green and millions of stars....

DOB is the only psychedelic I will never ever take again, and I tell other people not to eat either. I have NEVER experienced such intense side effects from a drug, and my friends that took it shared my pain.

Crazy changes in my skin, like the cuticles peeling off my fingernails and starting massive hangnails, and my gums peeling off my teeth to the point where if I sucked the inside of my mouth, my spit would become bloody. Also Intense feelings of overall malaise the whole time. And I felt this shit in varying degrees from .5mg to 6mg. I had this bloody spit verified by third parties, had friends try it and it happened to them too.

DOC on the other hand, I took every day for a period, and it seemed like heaven.

I prefer DOC to DOB - because it feels considerably less toxic. DOB at the right dosage is reputed to be fine - at the (unknown) dosages I used it at it was pretty horrible - a sort of low/medium grade poison - this has definitely coloured my feelings on the matter.

I prefer DOC by a great margin. DOC is my favorite drug. I like DOB too, and all DOXs, but DOC has many more positives and very few negatives. Also, it is the only DOX I've tried (out of DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM, and even DOT (aleph-1)) that, after the peak tripping effects, gives way to a state of amazing euphoria and sociability. The others are good in their own ways. DOM is the best for intense psychedelic experiences I would say. But DOC is my favorite all-around, and also the one that feels the best. It makes me feel joyful once the plateau hits, and none of the others do that.

My recent experience with DOC for the first time was not particularly pleasant. I had a ton of body energy and I was too uncomfortable to do anything about it. I also had pretty intense tremors and my ass went numb from vasoconstriction. The visuals were pretty run-of-the-mill, mostly a color saturation thing. To anyone who has been to the Nokia Theater in Times Square, this is no small enhancement though.
I still have about 15mg or so which I will revisit late summer I'm thinking. But at a lower dose. I dosed at about 2.8mg if I remember correctly
One aspect which surprised me was the minimal effect the substance had on my heart rate/blood pressure. I had been expecting something much more speedy. I'm glad it wasn't.

I recently was blessed to be able to try DOC (at a dose of ~3.25mg). I found it phenomenal--it has a lot of the sparkle and 'bells and whistles' of a decent dose of an ergoloid like LSD, with fantastic visuals. The only thing missing was the emotional/empathogenic effects of LSD; this one was all cognitive (and in sub-psychedelic doses might be a great nootropic). It does produce more physical/PNS stimulation than L, but (strangely) not as much as 2C-E. Unlike DOI, (which is also wonderful, but too long-acting to be particularly practical), the duration of DOC is more managable, more akin to ~16 hours than the 28 merciless hours of DOI--after a DOI experience, one feels completely 100% spent for at least 24-48 hours afterwards. I can't say I have any interest in DOB, as it is purportedly far less friendly on the body than DOI, but just as long-lived.

Thus far, DOC is my favorite psychedelic amphetamine, but I would be interested in trying DOF at a dose of around 15mg--my bet is that it would possess a shorter duration than all the rest.

Last edited:
DOB is too dysphoric. The visuals are interesting but there's nothing special about them.

DOB brought out OCD in me that I didn't have before. I've never wanted to call the ambulance on a psychedelic before until I tried DOB. The whole time I was worried about my body and health.

I recently was blessed to be able to try DOC (at a dose of ~3.25mg). I found it phenomenal--it has a lot of the sparkle and 'bells and whistles' of a decent dose of an ergoloid like LSD, with fantastic visuals. The only thing missing was the emotional/empathogenic effects of LSD; this one was all cognitive (and in sub-psychedelic doses might be a great nootropic). It does produce more physical/PNS stimulation than L, but (strangely) not as much as 2C-E. Unlike DOI, (which is also wonderful, but too long-acting to be particularly practical), the duration of DOC is more managable, more akin to ~16 hours than the 28 merciless hours of DOI--after a DOI experience, one feels completely 100% spent for at least 24-48 hours afterwards. I can't say I have any interest in DOB, as it is purportedly far less friendly on the body than DOI, but just as long-lived.

Thus far, DOC is my favorite psychedelic amphetamine, but I would be interested in trying DOF at a dose of around 15mg--my bet is that it would possess a shorter duration than all the rest.

Did you find the plateau stage, maybe hour 10 and on, to be euphoric? I always find the second stage to be amazingly euphoric, and intensely nootropic. It sort of makes me feel like I've been optimized. If I take a sub-psychedelic dose, after the come-up it goes straight to this stage and stays there for the duration. Because of this, DOC has become my favorite substance for this type of usage.

Are those DOB side effects listed up the thread a bit.....fucking serious!?

People use DOB on purpose with side effects like that?

Write me a prescription, Dr., and after trying the DOB I'll let you know.

I don't think i want your gums to bleed though. Want this little bit of methylone I got left here instead? lol :)

Are those DOB side effects listed up the thread a bit.....fucking serious!?

People use DOB on purpose with side effects like that?

Like everything, people are all affected differently. I think DOB has a higher incidence of negative effects. But some people really love it.

Can this just be a favorite DOx compound thread? I hope to have some proper experiences some days soon. I don't know though, for some reason the 2C psychs just make me feel kind of dumb.

Can this just be a favorite DOx compound thread? I hope to have some proper experiences some days soon. I don't know though, for some reason the 2C psychs just make me feel kind of dumb.

In my experience, which likely will not relate to yours at all, I find that the "dumb" feeling from 2C-E arises when I'm not respecting the chemical. I end up being very conscious that I don't need to be tripping, and that I'm wasting my time. This happened to me because I was taking 2c-e for pretty much no reason, with no plans for the day. I think that 2C-E needs materials and a well stocked toolbox before the trip can be assembled properly.

Is it a common curse amongst RC enthusiasts to take powerful psychedelics with pretty much no prior motive other than: "eh nothing else to do"? It's easy when you typically have a pretty huge amount of a substance.

I have done so many times. Sometimes to my regret, sometimes to my surprise.