• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

To all of the older members here at Bluelight:

I was prescribed a mix of pseudo ephedrine and phenobarbital (called tedral) for asthma as a kid in the late 60s, early 70s. The pseudo ephedrine used to be great for clearing airways but the barb was v v potent I used to sleep really deeply after a dose and wake up feeling foggy headed. 1 other thing I remember the taste was AWFUL my mom had to bribe me with a choc bar and a pack of fruitella before I would take it. I take speed and have had that neat of a spoon the barb was 10 times worse in taste.
Barbs were often rated the drugs most likely to turn a man into the worst kind of abusive A and E patient and are deadly with alcohol!!

I started with cannabis in the early 90s at Uni as I was also working 3 jobs I wash v tired. I mentioned this to a girl I worked in a garage with and she said she could help. Next night nearly closing (11pm) she made me a coffee.
Yes you guessed it she had added a little amphetamine (UK street amphetamine was/is NOT meth,crystal,crank etc just laevo and or Dex amphetamine. Anyway next thing it was 3:00am I was singing and dancing my way round the garage loving shelf filling :).
The girl asked how I was my smile should have told her lol. Next I drove to a 24 hr cafe and spent hours chatting with her just thinking my mood was really good but my jaw was tight and my teeth were grinding,pupils enlarged and body 'wired' although I didn't care.
As we left the cafe she told me that was what a small amount of speed did when she added it to my coffee. Now 20+ years later I still use it and the quality I get is always consistent and the effect the same.
Ecstasy back then was for me so empathic and music amazing. I didn't come across fake E till 10 years ago.
Shrooms in the UK Liberty Cap mushrooms grow wild locally and I first used them late 90s. For me they have helped me with deep emotional issues by letting me see the issues from different angles without changing position (Sounds mad but it's not lol) and opened my soul to amazing things reawakening my interest in meditation higher consciousness etc. max dose I have tried 185 in 1 go I was not in our Universe 1.5 hrs later :)

I'm 30, so I too am curious about the drugs of old. Some of my faves:

Phenmetrazine
Diconal
Palfium
Dexamyl
Ambar
Doriden
Placidyl
Quaaludes

Fioricet is the rarest drug I've tried (and it blows benzos out of the water). My mom was a major Seconal fan in the 60s/70s. Pretty sure that drug is only used in euthanasia and death row executions now :D

Black beauties, white crosses, purple barrels, blotter, gel and liquid acid, PCP

T's and blues. I never injected it but took a lot of them together orally. Was pleasantly surprised by its effects. IVing it must have been wonderful.

https://pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/forgotten-drugs-of-abuse-part-1-ts-and-blues/

QaDEvTh.jpg

I am sure this is older than any of us, but beautiful.

Has anyone here ever taken amphetamines like Black beauties, or L.A. 20s, Obertol, etc.?

What's so special about them btw? Whats the difference between them and adderall or dexedrine? and guys luudes aren't dodos, you can still get them, they're still made in south africa.

T's and blues. I never injected it but took a lot of them together orally. Was pleasantly surprised by its effects. IVing it must have been wonderful.

https://pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/forgotten-drugs-of-abuse-part-1-ts-and-blues/

QaDEvTh.jpg

I am sure this is older than any of us, but beautiful.

hahahah that's incredible. nowadays we have soothers & shit like that for throat sweets, their version was cocaine & heroin. would doctors seriously prescribe this for your fuckin throat!?

I'm 30, so I too am curious about the drugs of old. Some of my faves:

Phenmetrazine
Diconal
Palfium
Dexamyl
Ambar
Doriden
Placidyl
Quaaludes

Fioricet is the rarest drug I've tried (and it blows benzos out of the water). My mom was a major Seconal fan in the 60s/70s. Pretty sure that drug is only used in euthanasia and death row executions now :D

Floricet is still made for its original purpose, I think its used in veterinary medicine as well. We really shouldn't be promoting barbiturates over benzos though, I'd say as a class they're probably the easiest recreational drug to kill yourself with. at least with heroin there's some kind of safety margin between the dose that gets you high and the one that kills you. with barbiturates....not so much.

I also remember before there were vaporizers, and everyone would just smoke pot out of metal, stone, or wood pipes, acrylic plastic bongs, or roll joints

Wow! I can hardly imagine! It truly was a different time. So when people would smoke weed, they'd just smoke it in bongs or pipes? Or roll it into joints?! That's amazing. It seems so alien to us now looking back, but it must just have been the standard back then, I guess they just thought that it was normal. not till now that it seems so anachronistic.

Butalbital is a barb that's still prescribed in the U.S., but I've heard it doesn't really compare to the old school barbituates. I got a bottle once, it was pretty awesome. Kind of like a benzo and opiate feeling mixed with the warm giddiness of alcohol. Problem was once I got really loaded on it, I would get super dizzy, so I could only enjoy a medium level of highness without getting side effects.

Started this year off in a hospital due to those, I managed to fall down 6 flights of concrete stairs, one after the other, never hurt so much in my life.
Had welts everywhere and broke a few bones. Not even sure how I got so whacked out, most likely why the stronger one's are gone.
I'm envious of T.Calderone, I so wanted to try tuinal prior to this year.

im still a youngin' at 30, but one of my favs no longer exists - darvocet. most people hated this stuff. everyone hated it, everyone deplored getting it, but for me it did wonders and the highs were far better than anything on moderate opiates elsewhere. i loved it; i preferred it to tramadol, codeine, and vicodin 5's. people thought i was insane but for some reason it hit my system perfectly. weirdly however, methadone does not.

in any case, they have been gone for going on ten years in the states and most other places - no one has them. no one wants them either but me. hah.

S
im still a youngin' at 30, but one of my favs no longer exists - darvocet. most people hated this stuff. everyone hated it, everyone deplored getting it, but for me it did wonders and the highs were far better than anything on moderate opiates elsewhere. i loved it; i preferred it to tramadol, codeine, and vicodin 5's. people thought i was insane but for some reason it hit my system perfectly. weirdly however, methadone does not.

in any case, they have been gone for going on ten years in the states and most other places - no one has them. no one wants them either but me. hah.

Only 5 years in the US, 10 in UK and about 6 in the EU. Sucks it worked for you but overall was a pretty shitty painkiller with too many cardiac risks.

Has anyone here ever taken amphetamines like Black beauties, or L.A. 20s, Obertol, etc.?
My father, born 1959 used to take black beauties, though not much because he hates stims, but he said they were around a good bit late 70s early 80s. A friend of his was quite addicted according to him. My mother (born 1952) said she tried Qualludes once in the 70s but said it just made her dizzy and pass out. Then again she was quite drug naive at this time. This was all in Illinois.

rokkin...I can relate to your comments on Darvocet. It kept me alive and productive through horrendous pain for several decades. I still fantasize about finding HUGE amounts to last me forever. I never abused them. I only took as directed, because my supply was limited. NOTHING comes close to taking the edge off pain with NO sedative properties or constipation.

SUX :X

Floricet is still made for its original purpose, I think its used in veterinary medicine as well. We really shouldn't be promoting barbiturates over benzos though, I'd say as a class they're probably the easiest recreational drug to kill yourself with. at least with heroin there's some kind of safety margin between the dose that gets you high and the one that kills you. with barbiturates....not so much.

Wow! I can hardly imagine! It truly was a different time. So when people would smoke weed, they'd just smoke it in bongs or pipes? Or roll it into joints?! That's amazing. It seems so alien to us now looking back, but it must just have been the standard back then, I guess they just thought that it was normal. not till now that it seems so anachronistic.

Yes people would smoke herb in pipes, bongs, joints, blunts, etc. since they wanted to get high and vaporizers were not around or when they first came out they were very expensive and not all of them worked that well. Eating herb was always an option but it's very difficult to gauge how high you will get from it, and it's way too easy to eat too much and get super high and trip on cannabis.

What's so special about them btw? Whats the difference between them and adderall or dexedrine? and guys luudes aren't dodos, you can still get them, they're still made in south africa.

Apparently they were higher doses of Dexedrine, or in the case of black beauties racemic amphetamines like Adderall. Some pills like white crosses were actually methedrine or pharmaceutical methamphetamine.

There was also a pill that had both Methaqualone (the chemical in quaaludes), and amphetamine in it.

fwiw, i came up in (northern) CA during the 80s. the big differences i can think of between them and now:
* weed quality was terrible.
* coke quality was great.
* LSD was everywhere.
* PCP was still something i heard about.

speaking of PCP, do any other old-as-fuck people like me remember that hilarious made-for-TV movie called "Angel Dusted"? it was supposed to scare the shit out of all of us. PCP: the scourge of the middle-class suburbs!!!

I grew up in the 90's and I remember when oxycontin(the good shit not the ops) came out and the maximum dose was 160mg pills. They didn't hang around to long people overdosing from them!But doctors prescribed this shit over oxycodone and even hydrocodone because they thought the ER was harder to abuse,fucking geniuses!

I also grew up in the 90's and remember how if somebody had a glass blown pipe, it was like SUPER EXOTIC! haha! I had a pretty radical acrylic bong and an awful steel pipe that made everything taste like shit.

I remember when people still used the term "kind bud". Now all weed is pretty much kind bud! I never thought I would see the day when we had apps like Leafly and legal pot...I'm so glad it is finally recognized as not some crazy gateway drug. In fact, pot has helped me a lot with opiate and cocaine cravings.