• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

TMI questions + mixing Oramorph

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
I have two TMI questions:

Since using Morphine I have found my stools to be a lot smellier (like proper bad) - is that normal when on opioids?!

I also have to push hard and strain to urinate. It's not just 'free flow' anymore (you know once you start urinating you just carry on without stopping until it's all gone), I literally have to push and then have a break and push some more to get the rest out. I don't feel the urge to urinate often either. Is that another effect of the opioids?

Another question:

Also I have Oramorph (liquid morphine which is clear). It does contain some alcohol. I was wondering could I mix the Oramorph with lemonade or Sprite into a water bottle so I could drink it while I'm out without people knowing?

I have two TMI questions:

Since using Morphine I have found my stools to be a lot smellier (like proper bad) - is that normal when on opioids?!

- I'm going to assume it's because of the fact that you're likely not as "regular" as before the oramorph, therefore stool sitting in your colon tends to build up more sulfur compounds. I have no idea what this could be caused by if you've been on other opiated but never had this happen.

I also have to push hard and strain to urinate. It's not just 'free flow' anymore (you know once you start urinating you just carry on without stopping until it's all gone), I literally have to push and then have a break and push some more to get the rest out. I don't feel the urge to urinate often either. Is that another effect of the opioids?

- Yes, this is a very common side effect of opiates. It's usually best to avoid straining and if you're a guy, maybe try sitting and relaxing. I've found it best to not sit any longer than 10 mins at a time because it's useless and can increase anxiety associated with not being able to go causing you to further tense up. You'll eventually go though. If you find that you can't go for a while 24hrs then you'd have a problem.

Another question:

Also I have Oramorph (liquid morphine which is clear). It does contain some alcohol. I was wondering could I mix the Oramorph with lemonade or Sprite into a water bottle so I could drink it while I'm out without people knowing?

- yep, you could combine your dose into Sprite or lemonade. Sprite is effervescent, so it may increase the rate at which its absorbed through your stomach lining, (but don't quote me on that). Please keep in mind, in an effort at harm reduction to remain careful and vigilant in knowing what exactly you're doing and the risks you may be taking.

Sounds like an enlarged prostate, get checked out bud.

- Hopeless

Yes, I am female. I'm currently only taking 50mg instant release morphine in one dose daily, so would straining to urinating be part of having urinary retention?

^ yes, thats what u.r. is.. your doc might be able to prescribe you something to ease the symptoms. Maybe a resident dr, or pharmacist, can shed some light on what that may be

- Hopeless

you know when I was on heroin or morphine or dilaudid I never really had the urinary retention problem, though it is a known side effect of opioids. since being on bupe though it takes SO much focus for me to start to pee even if I have a super full bladder, it's ridiculous. and yeah the constipation is life ruining ...I used to get constipated on other opiates but of course I'd wake up sick every morning and I'd just shit while I was in w/ds, then get well for the day and yeah ...it was a good system.
but yeah these are common opioid side effects.

Can urinary retention be dangerous?

My constipation is sorted with laxido. It's just the urinary symptoms are the issues. Anything I can take OTC to help?

Also is it really okay to mix lemonade with Oramorph to drink when I'm out - will the Oramorph go funny inside?

^ The lemonade should't do much to it, unless it's in there for a week or two, but if it's for only a few hours, or less, it'll be fine.

- SS373dOH

Can urinary retention be dangerous?

My constipation is sorted with laxido. It's just the urinary symptoms are the issues. Anything I can take OTC to help?

diuretics may help? but they can be dangerous to take quite regularly -- can cause kidney problems.

I would get a urodynamic test done. It could be a lot of different things that can be causing it. Constipation, in it's self can be the cause.

After I quick search, I didn't come up with any otc remedies, thye're all rx'd, and most are geared towards prostate enlargement.

- Hopeless 7nos

Inability to urinate is a common symptom of Opioid use. There's no need to get your prostate checked out. It's aggravating I know, but it's not something for which there is a simple remedy as far as I'm aware. If you're using the Morphine on a regular basis, this side-effect should begin to subside over time, at least a little bit.

And there's no reason why you couldn't mix Morphine with a beverage.

^ OP is a female, but it could be other organs that are swallen, it's probably a side effect of her meds, but I wouldnt risk it.

- Hopeless 7nos

Inability to urinate is a common symptom of Opioid use. There's no need to get your prostate checked out. It's aggravating I know, but it's not something for which there is a simple remedy as far as I'm aware. If you're using the Morphine on a regular basis, this side-effect should begin to subside over time, at least a little bit.

And there's no reason why you couldn't mix Morphine with a beverage.

Yeah I'm still quite new to moephine, although I've been using weaker other opioids for 1 - 1 & 1/2 years (codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol, ect).

I have a habit of mixing drugs together.

In 'one dose', I can take around 40-'odd pills. A cocktail of promethazine, doxylamine, gabapentin, porpranolol, codeine, Tramadol, diazepam, Dihydrocodeine, morphine, lansopraole (apparently Lansoprazole makes diazepam stay in your body longer, stops it from breaking down).

I mixed a two shots of archers (spirits) and lemonade with 50mg liquid instant release morphine in a bottle, shook it to mix it up, and took 50mg promethazine tonight and then downed it.

I have no experience with using alcohol at all.

^ OP is a female, but it could be other organs that are swallen, it's probably a side effect of her meds, but I wouldnt risk it.

- Hopeless 7nos

Yeah I'm going to keep an eye on it, and see how it goes. Thanks!