View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

TMA-2 experiences (fake mescaline)

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
I searched the forums for relevant info but all threads on this dont give much information, in my country, there are some gels being sold as mescaline, which I have now found are TMA-2 and TMA-6, ingesting half of it gave a mild psychedelic experience, few visuals, MDMA like emphaty, stimulation, increased heart rate, anxiety, etc... does anybody have experience with this compound and its effects?

I took TMA-6 once (on purpose), long ago... I found it rather unremarkable but pleasant. It certainly seems inferior to mescaline, no doubt. The TMA series was one of the early substitution patterns by Shulgin so it has a pretty long history of use, but on the other hand it never got popular. There are a few reports of the TMA series in our Trip Reports forum... here are links for them:

TMA-2

No reports on here of TMA-6

By the way we're in the middle of tagging reports in Trip Reports, and I created a search engine to find reports, it's here while still in beta testing: http://9931080.byethost5.com/searchEngine.html

Are we talking gel tabs like what LSD is sold as? Or gelatin capsules?

If the former, it's not of the TMA series. The dosage of TMA's can't fit into gels if I'm remembering correctly.. More than likely an NBome/NBoh.

-GC

I don't. I know that it's recently been circulating again. I know that the Shulgin's valued them, but they never seemed to achieve a broader appeal. Reports have made it sound like TMA-6 is more valuable than TMA-2, reports of which sound about like yours. I wasn't inspired to explore it after reading about it.

Are we talking gel tabs like what LSD is sold as? Or gelatin capsules?

If the former, it's not of the TMA series. The dosage of TMA's can't fit into gels if I'm remembering correctly.. More than likely an NBome/NBoh.

-GC
Its not geltabs or gelatin capsules either, im 100% sure its TMA-2 but I cant really describe how they look, all i can say it its a gel but its not a geltab or a gel capsule, ill post a picture maybe here for informational purposes, these are being sold like crazy here in Mexico as "mescaline" and until recently a member of a national psychedelic group tested them, they came back as TMA-2 mostly and the rarer ones which are light grey are TMA-6.

Ahh interesting... Must be a decent sized lab putting these out, these compounds aren't especially difficult to synthesize. Any MDMA chemist can do it. But like others have said, they never caught on and the reports I've seen don't make them sound all that great.

Have you personally tried them Jared?

-GC

Making TMA-2 isn't all that complicated, it's just that people rarely do it because it is illegal in a lot of jurisdictions, and people who operate on an illegal market tend to prefer substances that are highly potent and thus easier to smuggle. Sure, TMA-2 is roughly ten times as potent as mescaline (with typical doses between 25 and 50 mg), but then again DOM is active between 2.5 and 5 mg, and produces relatively similar effects.

Still, I could see why in a less "legally-enforced" environment like Mexico somebody would get away with making large amounts of actual TMA-2 in order to achieve a more "authentic" mescaline-like experience. I've found a report on WEDINOS from 2014 where somebody submitted a sample sold to them as TMA-2 which turned out to be legit. About a year ago, a Swedish vendor also sold a batch of TMA-6, which supposedly produces pretty much the same effects as TMA-2 at similar dosage levels, but it also has the advantage of being not quite as illegal in many jurisdictions.

Anyway... as I said, a typical dose of TMA-2 is 25 mg, which would be wayyy too much to fit on a blotter tab, but I could see enough of it fitting into a geltab/windowpane to be viable.

Okay guys, here is the pic, sorry that I couldnt upload it to tye site directly my phone doesnt give me the option https://pasteboard.co/HUtEkvw.jpg

These ones are the rarer ones that are TMA-6, the other ones are exactly the same but much darker really deep black and are TMA-2, yes I tried them myself, I found it doubtful obviously when the dealer claimed it was mescaline but I found the effects extremely similar to what was expected from reading on mescaline, basically ingestion of half a gel gave MDMA like emphaty but much less intense, slight visual effects, anxiety, increased pulse, increased blood pressure, stimulation, euphoria, etc... I wouldnt be surprised if these end up on the souther US, seeing as how many MDMA pills manufactured here in Mexico end up crossing the border, if you see this anytime just know that the light grey ones are TMA-6 and the dark ones are TMA-2 and they seem to be appropiately dosed, 1 gel would give strong but adequate effects.