• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Tinder questions

OKCupid is web-based originally using e-mail. They changed some things a few years ago which made it more smartphone forward, though still retained web funtionality. I'd guess that if you needed to give a phone number, it'd be just to get a text number to verify.

You could probably even just get a google voice number yourself and use that as well.

OKCupid is web-based originally using e-mail. They changed some things a few years ago which made it more smartphone forward, though still retained web funtionality. I'd guess that if you needed to give a phone number, it'd be just to get a text number to verify.

You could probably even just get a google voice number yourself and use that as well.

I don't think google voice works in Canada. Apparently you can use tinder desktop without a smartphone you just need something to receive text but you can't set preferances without the ap. So what i will do is just get my friend to set them for me on her smartphone

Yea I’m someone who id consider a good catch. Decent job, intelligent, good looking (I know fully tootin the horn right now..) so I thought I’d have no problem when I finally gave dating apps a try.

Lol fuck was I wrong… From years of zero online persona and no selfie taking skills, I was without very many good pictures that didn’t include my ex.

It all comes down to sexy good looking pictures. And even if you’re hot in real life, if you can’t take good pictures you’re fucked. Also takes messaging tons of chicks hoping a few get back, fuck that too.

After a few weeks, and a bruised ego. I shut them down and went back to my old method. Meeting people in person. Much much better results. Now I got a partner I’m really happy with again :)

-GC

You need a smart phone. Almost everyone says that they want something real ("NO HOOK-UPS", "NO ONE NIGHT STANDS") but not true IME. And some will be honest and say that they are just looking for fun. I got laid off it twice and these were women who wanted "something serious". Been a while so dunno how much it has changed.

Yea I’m someone who id consider a good catch. Decent job, intelligent, good looking (I know fully tootin the horn right now..) so I thought I’d have no problem when I finally gave dating apps a try.

Lol fuck was I wrong… From years of zero online persona and no selfie taking skills, I was without very many good pictures that didn’t include my ex.

It all comes down to sexy good looking pictures. And even if you’re hot in real life, if you can’t take good pictures you’re fucked. Also takes messaging tons of chicks hoping a few get back, fuck that too.

After a few weeks, and a bruised ego. I shut them down and went back to my old method. Meeting people in person. Much much better results. Now I got a partner I’m really happy with again :)
Oh fuck selfes ffs. I am useless at taking pictures me and modern technology just don't really get along. I am what some atleast would consider good looking and i am in good shape so i have that going for me.

I have technically doe internet dating before but that was just meeting random people online i wasent looking for someone per se

You need a smart phone. Almost everyone says that they want something real ("NO HOOK-UPS", "NO ONE NIGHT STANDS") but not true IME. And some will be honest and say that they are just looking for fun. I got laid off it twice and these were women who wanted "something serious". Been a while so dunno how much it has changed.

From what i read on reddit you can use ay phobe number to just recive a text from tinder. So im just going to use my dads old flip phobe and hook that up for 15 bucks and save me alot of cash.

And ya from what i gather hook ups and 1 night stands are what people are looking for on there. A quick shag now wouldnt be bad though honestly. Modern dating culture is kinds sad though and depressing

Tinder is kinda a waste of time. you are going to have to spend a bunch of time sifting through junk. I had good luck on Hinge though, found my now wife on there. Its kinda nice to be able to vet potential people before you meet up. I think you can use Hinge on a laptop with a mobile emulator. Good luck dude, just be yourself and have patience.

I generally find there aren't many on Tinder who are both attractive and sound. ie usually there is a reason they're on Tinder. Good looking females don't normally need dating apps to attract interest.

Just my opinion ofcourse. Maybe it's because I'm not in a big city.

Tinder is kinda a waste of time. you are going to have to spend a bunch of time sifting through junk. I had good luck on Hinge though, found my now wife on there. Its kinda nice to be able to vet potential people before you meet up. I think you can use Hinge on a laptop with a mobile emulator. Good luck dude, just be yourself and have patience.
Whats a mobilemulator?

I gave up on the shit. Didn't use it much, but got one date from the Apps. Think it was bumble. We snuggled and she made me dinner but didn't hear back. Fuck it. Would rather bang a hooker if I'm desperate I have no desire to pretend I'm something I'm not for the benefit of getting laid.

dont even bang hookers

just beat your meat

you have no idea how much i wish i would've just stuck to beatin my meat

everything was great until i stopped and thought it might be a good idea to start some bangin some chicks again

dont even bang hookers

just beat your meat

everything was great until i stopped and thought it might be a good idea to start some bangin some chicks again
It is merely a horny thought, it leaves after post nut clarity

dont even bang hookers

just beat your meat

what happened, she make a eunuch outta you?

PA, I can't remember where you are. I think Canada? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The people on the apps are about 90% unresponsive, doesn't matter how attractive or nice you are. Most people are seeking validation or to ease boredom through the apps. The next cohort are looking for hookups -- whether or not they actually show up to said hookup is another matter. The next cohort, which is smaller, are looking for genuine connections. These people exist, but you have to do a lot of sifting and have a slew of retarded non-conversations before you find them.

If you're looking for a hookup, that should not be too hard, depending on what your standards are. If you're looking for someone to date and maybe that needle in a haystack partner, you might have to work at it. In the past, when I've felt a good vibe with someone, I've suggested meeting pretty quickly even if it's just for an hour over coffee or something. If you don't act on it: 1) The person may drop off because the online world is attention-deficit central. 2) You may build up an online perception of what the person is like after talking for a long time, only to meet them and be totally disappointed.

If you happen to be in Vancouver, good luck. Vancouver is the worst dating city in Canada. If you look up the definition of aloof in the dictionary, you will see a picture of Vancouver there. It's pretty much the same with the rest of the Pacific Northwest. The lack of adult level social skills here is readily apparent in the dating world. Toronto is hard because of the distances between people + everyone is busy with work. Montreal is easier, but may be hard because some people will only know French.

So... if you're really wondering if you should "break the seal" and get a smart phone just for this, maybe look at desktop dating sites. In most Canadian cities, the people are the same on all of the apps and sites, especially the ones who REALLY want a relationship.

Last edited:
PA, I can't remember where you are. I think Canada? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The people on the apps are about 90% unresponsive, doesn't matter how attractive or nice you are. Most people are seeking validation or to ease boredom through the apps. The next cohort are looking for hookups -- whether or not they actually show up to said hookup is another matter. The next cohort, which is smaller, are looking for genuine connections. These people exist, but you have to do a lot of sifting and have a slew of retarded non-conversations before you find them.

If you're looking for a hookup, that should not be too hard, depending on what your standards are. If you're looking for someone to date and maybe that needle in a haystack partner, you might have to work at it. In the past, when I've felt a good vibe with someone, I've suggested meeting pretty quickly even if it's just for an hour over coffee or something. If you don't act on it: 1) The person may drop off because the online world is attention-deficit central. 2) You may build up an online perception of what the person is like after talking for a long time, only to meet them and be totally disappointed.

If you happen to be in Vancouver, good luck. Vancouver is the worst dating city in Canada. If you look up the definition of aloof in the dictionary, you will see a picture of Vancouver there. It's pretty much the same with the rest of the Pacific Northwest. The lack of adult level social skills here is readily apparent in the dating world. Toronto is hard because of the distances between people + everyone is busy with work. Montreal is easier, but may be hard because some people will only know French.

So... if you're really wondering if you should "break the seal" and get a smart phone just for this, maybe look at desktop dating sites. In most Canadian cities, the people are the same on all of the apps and sites, especially the ones who REALLY want a relationship.

I live in Newfoundland where the women here arent my type to begin with so im probably fucked anyway

I live in Newfoundland where the women here arent my type to begin with so im probably fucked anyway

Ugh that's right... I forgot. So sorry man. The women in NL are bottom of the barrel. So are the men, frankly. The few hot guys that I met while living there all either had hot wives or they were in and out of the province for work so probably had better options on the mainland.

Most of the women are obese and have karen hair. Or are dumb as post. There's also a weird amount of progressivism and virtue signaling among the single white women in St. John's... like way more than is necessary for a place so small and monoculture. The one black guy I knew in St. John's (I won't mention his name in case you know him lmao), he said that it was very easily for him to get work because everyone wanted to hire the token black guy to be representative. He said it was great for making money but he always wondered if they really liked him as a person or if it was just about him being a POC. NL is so racist, even their progressives are racist lol.