Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Time Frame of Drug Abstinence with Ayahuasca

psychonautical420

Bluelighter
Hey, guys :)

I need some help. My friend and I might do Ayahuasca tomorrow; Syrian Rue and Acacia Confusa.

Last night, around nine, I finished up a total of 240 mg of dxm... and today I've had some caffeine. Will about 24 hours of abstinence be a long enough time to avoid any nasty interactions with the dxm/caffeine and MAOI? I'm not sure what a good amount of time would be.

The only other drugs I've had are cannabis and tobacco, but I know there won't be any problem there... Oh, and the cough medicine also had CPM in it... yeah, I know the risks and I won't be buying any products with that in them again, dxm isn't a huge interest anyway.

I couldn't find any good info when I googled the subject, regarding the specific drugs. If 24 hours is not a long enough time period, I'll be fine to put it off. Better safe than sorry. I just think my friend is going to want to try the stuff and I already put it off last time :p

And if anyone has any input on other drugs, regarding the abstinence time frame or whatever, that might be beneficial at some point, so feel free, you know...

Anyway, thanks in advance guys! <3

I would wait longer.
Since DXM acts as a serotonin transport inhibitor it could have adverse effects with the MAOI.
I would take 3-4 days minimum of abstinence from all drugs, not only to prevent interactions with the MAOI but to provide a clear state of mind in which to enter the experience.

I would think 24 Hours would be Fine or 48 to be Safe Or if it was Time-Released DXM But I Am Not Entirely Sure..... But Also ^ the Post Above Saying Minimum 3-4 Days Seems Bit Long But Perhaps MAOI Interactions can Happen with DXM just IN YOUR BODY even AFTER THE EFFECTS Completely Wear Off But even Still I Don't Know Or Think it would Take that Long To Clear From the Body Due to A One Time Dose.

It should definitely be long enough, but as I said a clear headspace when going in to DMT makes the experience much more useful ime.
When I have been smoking lots of weed the trip is harder to remember and I seem to gain far less from the trip.

It wasn't time release, just regular dxm.

I'm honestly not worried about anything but safety. Would you wait longer for safety purposes or mainly to make sure the experience is not effected/clouded by other things?

It was just a one time dose of dxm. Technically two, 120mg and another 120mg after an hour lol. Since ingesting the dxm, it will have been a little under 48 hours. I didn't consider myself down until the next day, so ayahuasca would be a little over 24 hours after being completely down.

Just trying to clarify I guess lol

If it wasn't DXM polistirex you will be fine. After that long the DXM has quit having an effect so there should be no problem with contradictions.

I'd like to add that even in the case of DXM polistirex 48 hours of abstinence should be sufficient as well
The extended release does not increase the duration of the trip by that significant of an amount