• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Thoughts on Smoking Cubensis?

Sephirah

Greenlighter
It has been several years since I have tried this, and I find it interesting that no "official" data or testing on this has shown up on erowid or the like.

Namely, myself and several others found that a very extreme body buzz could be obtained from this technique, although there really was no typical hallucinatory effect associated with it. Note that typically we would smoke only small amounts of "dust" left from large bags, not pieces any larger than a large pepper grain.

Curious of others' experiences.

Waste of good shrooms is my initial response. Will see what others have to say though :)

I know Amanitas are effective smoked but that's a whole other set of chemicals...

Psilocybin is not active when smoked.

There are many more compounds than just psilocybin in there. As stated, the effect is not similar at all to eating them.

More looking for thoughts from people that have tried it vs. random statements of "knowledge" w/o experience.

There are many more compounds than just psilocybin in there. As stated, the effect is not similar at all to eating them.

More looking for thoughts from people that have tried it vs. random statements of "knowledge" w/o experience.

I have tried it. It does not work. I also know psilocybin to be inactive when smoked through research. Do not draw conclusions about people whom you do not know.

I've tried it while tripping on Psilocybin on multiple occasions. Basically collecting the "shroom dust or flake" that settles to the bottom of the bag and packed a few bowls of it in a bong with Cannabis on top. I will note that the effect experienced is very different than smoking the Cannabis alone. Although, I have never tried it not on Psilocybin, and don't plan to because you probably won't get a worth-while effect as mentioned by other posters.

I've also packed a bowl combining both the Psilocybin flake-powder and the Amanita Muscaria flake-powder, topped with Cannabis while on Psilocybin mushrooms. This is something worth your time, but again only if you're actually on the Psilocybin and for the most part it is the Cannabis/A. Muscaria that is giving you the main effects.

If you want to try smoking any mushroom, it would be A. Muscaria. Try it while you're tripping on Psilocybin, it's quite an awesome feeling. Pack a nice bowl of 50/50 Cannabis/A.Muscaria and enjoy the virtual reality simulator (...oh wait that's Earth ;)).

wont work and probably will taste really bad lol

Are you just echoing everybody else dude? There's definitely an effect that is experienced, that is more than placebo. "Probably" denotes you haven't tried it, and no it doesn't taste bad at all. :\

Waste of good shrooms is my initial response. Will see what others have to say though :)

I know Amanitas are effective smoked but that's a whole other set of chemicals...

From what I remember, you will actually get a little bit (definately not placebo) of a tryptamine buzz, with the slightest of jeweling on the edges of things. It will only last a couple minutes at best. Peyote buttons have similar effects when smoked.

Basically, a waste.

Oh, I missed a couple of the above posts,, ah nevermind, I'm not going to argue with "experts". Why don't you just do it and see for yourself (with no tolerance).

Last edited:
^It's by no means the ideal method of ingesting or using Psilocybin, obviously you should eat it, but it isn't placebo that's a guarantee.

I actually tried it once. I smoked a bowl of some decent mushrooms and I didn't really notice much.

Maybe I didn't smoke enough but I kinda doubt this is worthwhile. You would probably need to smoke .5-1g to really feel it.

Big Stroonz: It isn't really a completely reliable report if you where already on mushrooms and packing your bowls mixed with other substances. Not that I am denying that it is somehow possible to feel something from smoking mushrooms.

If anyone wants to volunteer to try smoking a few bowls of mushrooms when they are completely sober then we would have a more accurate idea of this really works. Even then, we would still have to account for a potential placebo effect.

Do you think that it could possibly be vaporized? I have a digital volcano so I can vaporized at a very precise temperature. What would be the best temp setting to vaporize psilocybin and psilocin? I dunno if I even really feel like trying it to be honest. I would rather just smoke DMT.

I could see vapourising working actually. At least working a damn sight better than smoking it anyway. Suspect it would still be horrible wasteful though.

I've done it while already on some shrooms and K which was already weird. I don't know if it really worked that well or if it was the disgusting smoke but it certainly sent me spiralling into a desperate feeling tryp fit. No way will I ever do that again, it feels totally wrong.

I think most of us had wondered if smoking shrooms
would send you to wounder land too or give you the power to understand all. I did after reading the The teachings of Doun Juan" by Carlos Castanata books when I was younger.

all i got out of it was this

Only great
minds can read
this
This is weird, but
interesting!

fi
yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of
100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to
a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't
mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are,
the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and
lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can
be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but
the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you
can raed tihs you've smoked shrooms

In all seriousness Smoking Mushrooms of the psychedelic type, don't to nothing, cept 4 waste'n a buck or two

Last edited:
I think most of us had wondered if smoking shrooms
would send you to wounder land too or give you the power to understand all. I did after reading the The teachings of Doun Juan" by Carlos Castanata books when I was younger.

all i got out of it was this

Only great
minds can read
this
This is weird, but
interesting!

fi
yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of
100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to
a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't
mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are,
the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and
lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can
be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but
the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I
awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you
can raed tihs you've smoked shrooms

In all seriousness Smoking Mushrooms of the psychedelic type don't to nothing, cept waste a buck or two

oh I fucking love that man , how funny I heard it before but never had a chance to see it

Please ignore everything ever written by Castaneda; complete fraud. Don Juan didn't even exist....the books are rubbish....

However- have you guys thought that maybe when smoking your shrooms, the effect is apparent because your inhaling unburnt fungal matter?

Flarey said:
there's the RC similar to cubensis, and you can smoke it. I made fun of my friend who never had shrooms, but "smoked" some. Hahaha...

Well, theres LOTSA "rc's" simuilar to psilocybin, but not specifically cubensis...;) Many can be smoked....I would wonder if an extract that had been freebased could work....I haven't tried it....

Thoughts on Smoking Cubensis?

Waste of good mushrooms.

If you like the placebo effect, take a few caps and rub them on your nipples... works 3x better than smoking them!

However- have you guys thought that maybe when smoking your shrooms, the effect is apparent because your inhaling unburnt fungal matter?

This is kinda my thoughts, a large majority of the psilocybin will probably be destroyed...but not necessarily all of it