• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Thoughts on long term ephedrine use?

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience or wisdom about ephedrine & it's use long term?

I discovered over a year ago that 25-50mg of ephedrine mixed with my daily meds produces almost a narcotic-like effect. Especially if I have not used meth or any other stimulants in a long time.

I find that it gives me a great mood boost, along with creative enhancement, slight pain relief & then after a few hours it fades into an uncontrollable urge to sleep, especially combined with buprenorphine.

Of course, having more energy and a better mood was something I desperately needed & started taking ephedrine almost daily for a year now. With intermittent breaks for a few weeks here or there. Mostly because I'd be using meth for a few weeks or just would forget that I had any.

I am worried though about what using ephedrine this long is doing to me internally. The internet of course makes ephedrine sound like a deadly poison that WILL give you a heart attack / stroke / sudden death, etc...

I don't want to be a meth head & can't get a doctor to put me on any other stimulants. Ephedrine doesn't tweak me out, it just boosts my mood & energy for a bit. No high or anything, although it can be euphoric for a bit some times. I think buprenorphine & ephedrine have some kind of synergy that makes it feel much closer to a full agonist. I'm not sure how or why but I can't be the only one who's discovered this.

As I type this, I'm considering getting more ephedrine, but I don't want to damage my heart or make anything worse.
Why is ephedrine so much more toxic to the heart than amphetamine or other stimulants?
Are these claims true or unfounded? Do you have any experience with ephedrine?

I have had moments in the past year where I'll suddenly feel like my heart stops beating for a good second (my chest will go cold) or I'll get really light headed. Whether it's related to ephedrine or not is impossible to tell.
Should I continue using it for it's mood boosting relief or am I looking at an early death over some BS weak stimulant?
Does anybody know any legal stimulant alternatives that aren't cardiotoxic? I've already tried things like yerba mate & yohimbe. These ones make me nauseated & some times make e feel sketched out & sick rather than boosting my mood or energy.

Anyways, I just was curious about what other people think.
If this post is lame, sorry. Just trying to start a discussion.
I find it absurd that I have to destroy my internal organs for depression relief because I can't get anything safer.

Hope everyone is well & stays safe!
Cheers!

My question is, is where can you get regular ephedrine now days.I thought it was all pseudephedrine now days which I took earlier with my night dose of bupe and I can tell a little increase of effects

I take 12.5 mg-25 mg ephedrine sulfate (in the form of bronkaid tablets from behind the counter) once every week or two as a functional stim. I also moonlight as a guinea pig for money, and as a result have very regular labs done. I don't notice ephedrine altering my labs after a recent use, though phenibut seems to have a correlation with increases of my eGFR (estimation of kidney function).

My question is, is where can you get regular ephedrine now days.I thought it was all pseudephedrine now days which I took earlier with my night dose of bupe and I can tell a little increase of effects
I believe that you can still get it OTC for "allergies and colds" in countries such as the USA and Canada. It'll almost definitely be behind the counter and ID-only in the US as with pseudoephedrine.

Yeah, as everyone else has mentioned, you can still get Ephedrine in the form of Bronkaid for asthma.
I don't have asthma but I am a huge smoker & find that it does help kind of open up my lungs.

Ps : I also noticed a synergy between psuedo & buprenorphine. But I found the synergy with ephedrine was much stronger! Thanks for sharing your experience with the two! I have only found ONE other post on here about the combo (psuedo + bupe) and the guy was saying the psuedo was making his bupe stronger too. I find psuedo to feel a little dirtier and sketchier though compared to straight ephedrine.

Still undecided about continuing with ephedrine.

I haven't had any labs done since I started taking it chronically. But I do have high blood pressure & high cholesterol which is kind of a concern, but so is the soul crushing lack of energy & motivation without something.

Anyone on buprenorphine, who has no stimulant tolerance, should try an ephedrine and report back to me & tell me if the combo makes you start nodding like crazy when you normally would never nod on bupe. I wonder if it's just the norepinephrine depletion after the ephedrine wears off.

Last edited:
The biggest issue with daily low-dose ephedrine (like 25mg/day, 50mg might be moderate dose) is not so much the ephedrine but the guaifenesin it is often compounded with. The guaifenesin + ephedrine combo is notorious for causing kidney stones. This happened to me when i was taking it (I took it daily for a good 1.5 years at 75mg-100mg a day, a dose I don't recommend).

The biggest issue with daily low-dose ephedrine (like 25mg/day, 50mg might be moderate dose) is not so much the ephedrine but the guaifenesin it is often compounded with. The guaifenesin + ephedrine combo is notorious for causing kidney stones. This happened to me when i was taking it (I took it daily for a good 1.5 years at 75mg-100mg a day, a dose I don't recommend).
I get the bronakid brand that is just straight ephedrine sulfate tablets.

I think we've got into a discussion about this before. :p In my area at least, the Bronkaid only contains ephedrine. Primatene mist and the generics contain guaf however, but brand name Bronkaid in my area no longer contains guaf, just ephedrine.

I actually haven't run into Bronkaid with guaf yet, but I know it existed at one point.

EDIT : Making a lot of typos today for some reason. lol

Last edited:
Just for reference...

This is the exact box of Bronkaid I usually get, which has no guaf. Some places probably carry the dual action one with guaf however.

It does say not use it for more than 7 days. And I've used it probably 260 days out of 365. lol

Actually I lied. Mine looks exactly like this box, except they come with 60 tablets. lol Not 24.
We have the hook up where I'm at apparently.

I get the bronakid brand that is just straight ephedrine sulfate tablets.

I think we've got into a discussion about this before. :p In my area at least, the Bronkaid only contains ephedrine. Primatene mist and the generics contain guaf however, but brand name Bronkaid in my area no longer contains guaf, just ephedrine.

I actually haven't run into Bronkaid with guaf yet, but I know it existed at one point.

EDIT : Making a lot of typos today for some reason. lol
Brand name Sudafed doesn't contain guaifenesin, either (just checked). I'm guessing the generics do, however.

I'm taking roughly 90mg/day + 30mg of adderall: any harm in combining the two? I swear, combining the two almost seems to produce a synergistic effect.

Brand name Sudafed doesn't contain guaifenesin, either (just checked). I'm guessing the generics do, however.

I'm taking roughly 90mg/day + 30mg of adderall: any harm in combining the two? I swear, combining the two almost seems to produce a synergistic effect.

Sudafed is pseudoephedrine, not ephedrine. Ephedrine is sold as "bronkaid" in the US, which often contains guaifenesin.

Ephedrine doesn't seem to play nicely with amphetamine, I found it just made it feel dirtier and increased side-effects more than anything else.

I don't think 25mg of ephedrine a day is going to have many negative health effects, unless you have a heart condition or are taking it in combination with other stimulants.

Ephedrine was the first drug I ever took. I found it in my moms room when I was like 13. I remember it made my limbs feel weird, with a bit of a little rush when it kicked in, but after that it was pretty much just anxiety. But everyone's different.