Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Thompsons Kava 2400?

Bupe20mg

Greenlighter
Thompsons Kava 2400mg

anyone had much experience with these tablets in australia?

Nope, only had kava. Isn't the kavalactone extract meant to be hard on the liver?

Hi Bupe20

Is there anything you'd like to know specifically about the Thompsons Kava? I might be able to help if I know what your situation is.

I've used them many times and I've also used a variety of diffrent kava powders of varying freshness (long time ago).

Some general info from my own subjective experiences:

The Kava tablets are fairly useful for calming down or getting to sleep IF (big IF) you don't have much tolerance to benzodiazepines. In the past I found them helpful in weaning myself off benzos when I was at the tail end of a drawn out taper. They can be a nice little bridge when you make that final jump.

Obviously they won't do much if you are suddenly coming off an alprazolam (or other strong benzo) habit... but then basically nothing will do much in that case except more alprazolam.

I was almost about to buy Thompsons Kava 2400 yesterday. After struggling to explain WTF I wanted it for, to the Herbalist lady, I finally said look ill be honest I found Valium very useful for anxiety but now I cannot get it anymore so I don't want some 'take one a day BS I want something I can pop if I have anxiety attacks'
She told me dont bother with the Thompsons, & gave me a little jar of Medi Herb Kava. It says on the bottle 'for practitioner dispensing only' so I guess you have to ask for it. Had 2 today, & while it is not even close to Valium it sure brings back some familar feelings.

^ that's interesting. Never heard of Medi Herb Kava.

Does it list the milligram content of the kavalactones?

Was that product more expensive than the Thompson's one?

A year ago I found kava helped a bit when I was at the tail end of a long (but not long enough!) taper of clonazepam. Obviously, it didn't do much after having got used to a powerful benzo like clonaz, but it DID help. It just took the edge off slightly. I would take five or six of the Thompsons tablets to get that little relief.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has tried both the Thompson's brand and the Medi Herb Kava....

Medi Herb is supposed to be prescribed by a Naturopath or similar. One of my friends uses it and likes it.

On the bottle of the Medi Herb it says 50mg of kavalactones
The Mediherb was only a couple of dollars more than the Thompsons

Last edited:
I bought this stuff a while ago, same brand. I tried sending you a pm a while back with some info but your inbox was full.

It worked as it should, but haven't and probably wouldn't buy it again. Mainly due to price

I was tempted to buy 50 medi herb brand tabs today. I am a skeptical person when it comes to legal herbs. Does it really work.

I use thomsons kava 2400 the next few days after mdma (when im all outa benzos) which helps me avoid tuesday blues a bit

I am on a lot of methadone I am afraid ive stuffed my tolerance to anything but benzos which I steer clear of these days.