• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Thinking about College

swimminginthedeep

Greenlighter
Hello BL
so I am in need of a new career due to burning bridges in the current field. I'm turning 24 and thinking I might as well go for college. English Major. I love reading and writing and I've always wanted to teach english abroad so I think I'm gonna go for it. Anyone know where i could look for scholarships or grants for bums like me lol ?

fafsa.ed.gov

If you're poor like me, you can get a good chunk of money. Be enrolled in at least 12 units a semester to get full-time status.

24 is a good age, because then you don't have to provide parental financial information.

also, talk to your schools financial aid office & study abroad office, they will give you more information and resources for scholarships.

Think carefully about what you're going into and the possible jobs afterwards. The reason I say this is because you mentioned English. I know plenty of people who have English degrees and there aren't many jobs (around here) for them. Just make sure you're looking into that :)

Definitely think carefully about the school and degree. Look at where the graduates have been able to go. You want to get yourself something that can help springboard you into several different options.