• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Things you'd never wear...

You shouldn't let society dictate what you wear.

Wear what is most flattering if you want to look good.

I would never wear:

Clothing that's far too big or small
Clothing that's uncomfortable for the weather/climate
Clothing with brand names on it

Would you wear super expensive clothes that don't need to have their brand name on it, as you can just tell its expensive by the quality?

I don't mind subtle brand names if the clothes look good

skin-tight anything. especially jeans.

Trucker hats.

Birkenstocks.

$100 Ed Hardy shirts

Sandals ( except @ the beach )

Visors

ANYTHING pink

Button-up shirts ( Polo shirts are ok )

Bandanas

ear muffs

those girlie looking super short socks

shorts that are above the knee

Dockers ( or other overly preppy work pants )

Hawaiian shirts

anything with flowers on it

small or medium sized shirts

spandex
leggings
tapered pants
high waisted ANYTHING...eeew
acid wash
loud obnoxious prints

I'm actually a pretty conservative, absolutely boring dresser ;)

I'd never wear...

Corduroy shorts/pants

Turtle neck shirts

V-neck shirts

Tighty-whities

Hats (I have long hair and it looks funny...I usually just go with some kind of headband or a bandana)

eh there's probably more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh, and sandals FTW ;) I don't think I've worn shoes all summer, minus going to the gym.

pink clothing of any sort. it's got nothing to do with comfort in my sexuality... i just fucking HATE pink and more or less i can't stand the "statement" that wearing pink makes for guys. if you like the color pink or you like the contrast it offers between light and dark or whatever... that's fine, if you're wearing a pink shirt specifically to say "i wear pink because i'm a guy and wearing pink makes me cooler than you." then that's annoying. nevertheless... i just won't wear it because i can't stand pink.

mostly i just wear shirts that are navy blue, black, gray, brown, white, or a variation of one of those colors and my pants/shorts are always whatever looks awesome with whatever shirt i have on (which is usually everything because i just rock like that). also... i will never wear a cowboy hat.

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
skin-tight anything. especially jeans.

Trucker hats.

Birkenstocks.

$100 Ed Hardy shirts

Sandals ( except @ the beach )

Visors

ANYTHING pink

Button-up shirts ( Polo shirts are ok )

Bandanas

ear muffs

those girlie looking super short socks

shorts that are above the knee

Dockers ( or other overly preppy work pants )

Hawaiian shirts

anything with flowers on it

small or medium sized shirts

You a naked hippy?

I prefer not to wear items that are emblazoned with a logo.

Also, if I must wear two items with a logo, the colors and brand must match.

I don't wear shorts much anymore. I try to spare the general public the sight of my scrawny legs.

:D

What are mom jeans?

As in your mum's jeans that she's worn?

^^I'm wondering that too..my mom always tries to give me her old jeans with the ass all stretched out she doesn't understand that we are not the same size.

besides turtlenecks I can't think of much else I would never wear...

except st louis cardinals gear--NEVA!!!!!!
:D

Yeah, what are "mom jeans"? Special jeans to fit the "mom ass"? Let us not mention the "mom pouch".

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10333/saturday-night-live-mom-jeans

^mom jeans...hee hee

wow...i live in shorts and 'flops, but things are different here in fl.

i don't think i've ever seen anyone wear a scarf like that, btw. i had to google it. ahhh...beach towns.

i will never wear-

uggs (or ugg-like boots)
crocs
skinny jeans (woah...they frighten people who aren't anorexic)
4 shirts layered upon each other to look hip
the "new" retro 80's shades that are plaguing my beach
a one piece
oh, and i have yet to step foot into a 'hollister' store.

lmao poopie thanks for doing the research that was hilarious and explains it all! haha

I would love to say that I hope I never have to wear socks with shoes again but I'm sure I'll have to at some point

crocs are ugly as fuck but they are good for walking through valleys and creeks

I shop pretty much soley at thrift stores so I own lots of name brand stuff

I feel like I can't even rule out the palestinian scarf (I also didnt know what that was till this thread) bc I have this beautiful scarf that my dad bought for me in italy almost a decade ago, although I dont wear it all the time I still use it as a belt or headband or shit even a scarf-I treasure it!!

skinny jeans (i have huge thighs, NOT flattering)
"soccer mom" clothes

that's about it. i have a fairly wide range of style, if it looks cute on me, i'll probably wear it. i've worn a pink tu-tu with knee pads for a video once (it was a "modern rendition" of romeo & juliet that my friend needed to present; i was "slutty juliet" on the jerry springer show :D). i'm quite fond of my style, actually.

Oh, I'd like to add that I'll never (again) wear those exercise pants that button up along the sides.

I remember when those were real big like 10 years ago. I was in junior high and wore them to class once, only to have them ripped off by some jackass in the hallway

:(

No big hoodies
No loose t-shirts
No baggy pants
No ill fitting blouses
No flip flops in public
No baseball caps
No sneakers if I'm not running
No workout clothes when not working out

turtlenecks (i remember wearing them as a kid and feeling choked)

pointy-toed heels (aka 'elf shoes'... i love heels- but not ones that make my feet look bigger!)

crocs

Girls have so many more choices than guys do when it comes to clothing options. For guys it's a combination of some kind of shirt, pants, and jacket.

Anway I wear a lot of different styles depending on my mood (I can clean up 'good' when I want to), but there are a few things I simply won't wear, Behold!:

Poorly cut loose fitting jeans (I like my jeans to feel like a glove for my ass)
Spandex (no explanation required)
Oversized T-shirts (I like my shirts fitted)
Khakis (If I want to clad my lower half in formal attire I go with a pair of pin striped suit pants)
High waisted pants (I love low rise jeans, but I'll make an exception for suit pants, low rise just doesn't work with a suit).
Golf Shirts (not my scene)
Boxers (I like to keep my stuff in place)
Turtlenecks (though I own a pseudoturtleneck that's open in the front and the collar can be folded down)
Neon colours (no dice!)
Sneakers (I love my biker boots, but when those are a no go it's dress shoes, an exception is if I'm working out or doing something physical outside).