• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

things breathing when sober

pot_head22

Bluelighter
For about the last 4 months every now and then i'd look at something and it would start breathing for a bout 5 seconds or untill i look away. it doesnt bother me, i actually think its cool being able to see things breath when sober and my sis also says she sees stuff breath sometimes when shes sober and she trips every now and then too. but the thing i was wandering about is, has drugs like acid and 2c-e caused this from just a normal after effect of tripping or is just normal to see things breath every now and then? does any one else have this happen to them to? any opinions would be good thanks

Usually happens when your brain's bored. And no doubt past use of psychedelics exasperate this.
Luckily we have treatment for this in the form of TV and the internet these days.

i think there is a strong chance that acid or 2C... has caused this problem.. i had fucked up vision after doinf lots of acid and 2C-B for a while... pixelated vision when i stared at things... then i'd snap out of it, that type of thing... so yeéa it could well be ralated...

ABCs are fucked up. Used to get a lot of 2C-B in highschool (everyone called it "synthetic mescaline" then). We all loved it then, till 2C-T7 came thru and flipped our fucking lids. Kinda scared us off RCs for a few years. Everyone sees stuff, but who can attribute one chemical to the squiggly aftermath? Your brain learns various pathways for stimulation, especially with the training we put it through ;) I see crazy shit from missing a few hours of sleep, stress seems to agitate it a good bit, getting bored staring at a dry erase board/Victorian carpet through lecture, and especially more evident a while after a good hard trip...Just more sensitive/attentive to hallucinatory artifacts, but I dig 'em :)

Did anybody else see the thread about the guy that bought an alpaca, or have I fucking lost it?

center said:
Hallucinogenic Persisting Perception Disorder.

My first thought. I also saw things warp and change colour even when I was sober after using lots of psychedelics (mostly LSD) every weekend and smoking weed every day. After I stopped the psychedelics, my vision returned to normal. I think it's the start of HPPD or at least an early warning.

I'd say it's just the afterglow. Would think HPPD a little more unbearable than that.

monstanoodle said:
I'd say it's just the afterglow. Would think HPPD a little more unbearable than that.

That's such a wonderful way to put it! A lot of things changed after I started using psychedelics. I am now able to see wonderful patterns in otherwise random things (like carpets), can watch walls breathe when sober, and see tracers. I don't consider it pathological, like HPPD, but an added bonus to psychedelic use :)

Nothing to worry about my dear

HPPD gives me insomnia. There's so much stuff going on in my vision that sleep becomes difficult...really annoys me sometimes.

The rest of the time it's not so bad. The one time that I got panicky about it was the first time everything in my vision got all sped up and people's movements became all jerky. I was sober, but it was just like the first time I really tripped. Almost caused a panic attack, but I managed to calm myself down.

monstanoodle said:
^ Every trip involving a waiting room can be made that little bit more fun =D

Or a visit to the gyno. Watching the ceiling tiles oscillate is a good distraction!