• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

The worst withdrawal I ever saw.

Just stretched out a 30 to test if it DOES last for 12 hours. No f*cking way. I made it to 11 hours 30 minutes and took another. Even then it was because I slept all day and was woken by aches, snotty nose, anxiety and the usual early WD symptoms.

The worst bout of wd I've experienced was the first time I came off a 120-140mg IV morphine everyday for a solid 8 months. I went to my best friends house to once and for all stop injecting, oh boy I was in for a treat. The first 2 days I was on 100mg diazepam daily so didn't feel much, just the usual discomfort until the 3 day arrived and it fucking peaked.
My whole body felt like I was on fire, my stomach ached so bad i never felt so ill in my god damn life. I then proceeded to projectile vomit on a 🪣, then turn around and started PISSING SHIT. I was taking turns to vomit and shit, it was insane. My best friend who was accompanying me in this dreadful mission was like "woah man, that's next level shit.not even Hollywood movies u see stuff like that ".
After a couple hrs of this, I couldn't take it anymore and call my dad(at the same time itook 16mg loperamide). That's when things got better, took around 40 days for me to feel semi normal again.

@LucidSDreamr

Yeah.... I was born missing half a disc in my back so I understand that. It really sucks too because that increased pain only last for a couple of months after cessation and then it usually gets better. In my experience regularly taking opioids increases ones pain. I never understood this till I got clean for 2yrs. I realized I was in more pain on methadone but I first had to go through a period of hypersensitivity to get to the otherside. The no sleep is the worst part about stopping methadone it's so much worse than other opioids.

They didn't taper the methadone but they did give me a brief Ativan taper. Then it was gabapentin during the day and Seroquel at night. My hands shook so bad that I couldn't really do anything with dexterity for 2-3 mths. Then I basically had alcoholic wet brain and anxiety from the benzodiazapines for a little over a year.
I managed to get clean for about 1.5 years and it was a a time where I had zero pain.

I’ve had a few months here and there also but I always get slammed with some chronic pain eventually causing the relapse into this hell called opioids.

I wanted to try and get clean like u say and see if I do get better pain tolerance but Anyways the pathology on my spine MRI is described as "severe" which made me lose hope that getting clean would help so now I tell myself I need surgery or at least injections to see if I get clean after them.

Now my lungs also hurt from snorting pills and to be honest that’s making me take more fucking methadone than the spine right now.

This is an endless nightmare I can’t get out of.

Why do you keep relapsing …from pain or just because you want to get high and fuck up?

The worst withdrawal I ever had was on fentanyl. Was hospitalized with stomachs pain was so bad they just gave me dilaided and ruined the withdrawal.

Then I tried again and someone gave me 2CE thought was an RC benzo because they switched the bags. So I was withdrawing on 2CE for a whole night until I was able to get oxy the next day.

Never actually kicked completely from a heavy habit I have no idea why or how you guys attempt it without tapering first

I also have another chronic pain condition (ketamine bladder). I managed to get clean for about 1.5 years and it was a a time where I had zero pain.

I’ve had a few months here and there also but I always get slammed with some chronic pain eventually causing the relapse into this hell called opioids.

I wanted to try and get clean like u say and see if I do get better pain tolerance but Anyways the pathology on my spine MRI is described as "severe" which made me lose hope that getting clean would help so now I tell myself I need surgery or at least injections to see if I get clean after them.

Now my lungs also hurt from snorting pills and to be honest that’s making me take more fucking methadone than the neck right now.

This is an endless nightmare I can’t get out of.

Why do you keep relapsing …from pain or just because you want to get high and fuck up?
I keep relapsing because I fucked up my life so royally at such a young age that now it's been difficult to pull myself up and out at my older age. I suffer depression and anxiety. I don't seem to get any enjoyment out of life so I've gone back to drugs over and over. PAWS just last forever for me cause I've been an everyday opiate addict for well over 25yrs. High dose benzos and methadone for 10yrs straight. Been on mdone 4 separate times. I'm just kinda a mess and can't seem to get it right. When I don't have drugs I tend to want to lie in a dark quite room and not have to engage the world because I don't get many positives from doing so.

P.S. How long did you have to use ketamine to mess up your bladder?

The worst withdrawal I ever had was on fentanyl. Was hospitalized with stomachs pain was so bad they just gave me dilaided and ruined the withdrawal.

Then I tried again and someone gave me 2CE thought was an RC benzo because they switched the bags. So I was withdrawing on 2CE for a whole night until I was able to get oxy the next day.

Never actually kicked completely from a heavy habit I have no idea why or how you guys attempt it without tapering first
I usually plan on tapering but when I stop it's usually because shit hit the fan and I like to just get into it because In my experience tapering is just a more drawn out pain.

I keep relapsing because I fucked up my life so royally at such a young age that now it's been difficult to pull myself up and out at my older age. I suffer depression and anxiety. I don't seem to get any enjoyment out of life so I've gone back to drugs over and over. PAWS just last forever for me cause I've been an everyday opiate addict for well over 25yrs. High dose benzos and methadone for 10yrs straight. Been on mdone 4 separate times. I'm just kinda a mess and can't seem to get it right. When I don't have drugs I tend to want to lie in a dark quite room and not have to engage the world because I don't get many positives from doing so.

P.S. How long did you have to use ketamine to mess up your bladder?
I used mostly mxe but also quite bit of K. About 4 years of using daily 2 weeks per month. I wasn’t taking heavy doses mostly threashold dosing and living and functioning on small doses of MXE.

I don’t have depression but I can relate to isolating from the world. Hate crowded places and such and talking to ppl unless I’m close with them. Where I do feel a great sense of liberation and satisfaction is the deeper and more remote I get into places in nature (camping and shit like that). Being completely alone on a wild remote place is special for me and when I take someone with me it ruins it

I should have done a better job of writing that post. But its the first time I have shared it.
The guy in the story an army vet is my dad.
Its funny how we never got along and the bone of contention was always my drug taking.
Now I am his care giver and I have him on CBD oil and pain killers.
The parkinson's just makes it worse because your in bed restless and you cant move. So you have to ask somebody to move you. After a few hours of this. I was physically exhausted. So I just used to hold him and rock him saying I know you want to change your position but its not going to give you any relief. Your going to want to move again.
All you guys getting the shakes. This to me is a clear indication of dopamine shortage. If you really want to cut down or taper. Please look into taking dopamine boosters.
Like Syndopa+. Or Ropalin. Be Careful with Ropalin because I found that when you stop you do get suicidal thoughts. This is not the case with Syndopa.
I see gaba is popular here. Also chk out Quetiapine and Pacetane.