Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

The worst withdrawal I ever saw.

Ron123

Bluelighter
When I quit Morphine I was doing about 500 mg a day IV. We would by the salt from a doctor and mix it ourselfs. A popular mix was 100ml to 1g. Giving you about 100 Mg / MLl.
What you get at the chemist is 10 Mg / Ml. All this was in the 80s in a different city in a different life.
But I would crash from there by force. Like moving to a new city. Smaller lighter cold turkeys were stopping a 2 gram a day habit of smack. After that I have helped way to many guys to count to quit cold turkey.
The worst cases I have seen last 4-5 days. But very rarely have I seen break down to the point of wanting to end it all.
This withdrawal shook me. It went on for close to 10 straight days.
After day 6 the patient was delirious. They were reliving all their worst experiences in life.
By day 8 they were begging for somebody to help end it for them. They were pleading to put out of their misery.
At the same time they were following the conversation going on around them. The pain was all over the body. Nothing helped. I tried Morphine. I tired Bupe. I tried insanely strong CBD oil.
Nothing worked.
Forget restless leg. They had restless body. They lost all control over their body. So they could not even turn over in bed or sit up.
Nursed them the best way I know how. I tried hypnosis and I tired guided breathing. Nothing helped. Finally I told them the only thing you can control right now is your breathing. So focus on that.
Samsung health watch has guided breathing exercises
Only on day 11 the pieces started to fall together.
I call it Dopamine Withdrawal Syndrome. Patient had Parkinson's. And patient had his meds changed by a new doctor.
The new doctor was these vet docs dont know shit. They have him on all these old meds he should be on these meds.
When I figured that out I got his dopamine levels up and he made a full recovery. I told him the irony of the situation that he took me so many cold turkeys that I was able to return the favour.
I would go into convulsions 30-40 years back. And he would just lie on top my body to prevent me from hurting myself.
I saw hell. and will never forget those 10 days.

Last edited:
When I quit Morphine I was doing about 500 mg a day IV. We would by the salt from a doctor and mix it ourselfs. A popular mix was 100ml to 1g. Giving you about 100 Mg / MLl.
What you get at the chemist is 10 Mg / Ml.
1g in 100ml is 10mg/ml.

There are patents that will get 70+mg/mL of M into solution at STP.

Benzodiazepines are risky BUT clobazam is extremely effective in stopping convulsions, doesn't affect respiration and KEY has a plateau in it's effects. You COULD mix it with a 1,4-benzodiazepine with a similar duration of action (lorazepam springs to mind) which will most certainly multiply up the effect and as you may know, lorazepam is used because it doesn't lead to many adverse events since it doesn't require metabolism.

In fact, pyrazolam mixed with clobazam is likely the best - pyrazolam is a2/a3 selective so it has potent anxiolytic and muscle relaxant activity BUT like clobazam, will not lead to a NEW dependence. You can get pyrazolam from Cayman Chemicals.

I AM biased since I (re)invented pyrazolam but can you find a SINGLE report on an adverse event?

Worst withdrawal I ever saw was this girl who was wding off Nubian and large Xanax doses. She was building film sets in her living room with couch cushions and blankets and acting out scenes because she thought we were filming a reality show she was on.

She would fall over, shaking and yell "Cut! Take 2" and then get up crying and making excuses to imaginary directors in her head.This lasted for almost 2 weeks.

What you get at the chemist is 10 Mg / Ml. All this was in the 80s in a different city in a different life.
But I would crash from there by force. Like moving to a new city. Smaller lighter cold turkeys were stopping a 2 gram a day habit of smack. After that I have helped way to many guys to count to quit cold turkey.
The worst cases I have seen last 4-5 days. But very rarely have I seen break down to the point of wanting to end it all.
This withdrawal shook me. It went on for close to 10 straight days.
After day 6 the patient was delirious. They were reliving all their worst experiences in life.
By day 8 they were begging for somebody to help end it for them. They were pleading to put out of their misery.
At the same time they were following the conversation going on around them. The pain was all over the body. Nothing helped. I tried Morphine. I tired Bupe. I tried insanely strong CBD oil.
Nothing worked.
Forget restless leg. They had restless body. They lost all control over their body. So they could not even turn over in bed or sit up.
Nursed them the best way I know how. I tried hypnosis and I tired guided breathing. Nothing helped. Finally I told them the only thing you can control right now is your breathing. So focus on that.
Samsung health watch has guided breathing exercises
Only on day 11 the pieces started to fall together.
I call it Dopamine Withdrawal Syndrome. Patient had Parkinson's. And patient had his meds changed by a new doctor.
The new doctor was these vet docs dont know shit. They have him on all these old meds he should be on these meds.
When I figured that out I got his dopamine levels up and he made a full recovery. I told him the irony of the situation that he took me so many cold turkeys that I was able to return the favour.
I would go into convulsions 30-40 years back. And he would just lie on top my body to prevent me from hurting myself.
I saw hell. and will never forget those 10 days.
Benzo withdrawls were my worst experience coming from a former IV heroin addict. I couldn't even wipe myself after the bathroom everything in my body locked up and almost had a seizure had my gf at the time convinced me to call an ambulance she was at work and couldn't help. When they arrived they asked how I let it get that bad. My dr at the time had me on clonipin 3 times a day for a yr and just stopped. That was the closest to hell I've ever felt.

Benzo withdrawls were my worst experience coming from a former IV heroin addict. I couldn't even wipe myself after the bathroom everything in my body locked up and almost had a seizure had my gf at the time convinced me to call an ambulance she was at work and couldn't help. When they arrived they asked how I let it get that bad. My dr at the time had me on clonipin 3 times a day for a yr and just stopped. That was the closest to hell I've ever felt.
Yeah.... I was on 180mgs methadone and 6mg a day of Xanax or Klonopin. The withdrawal was unbearable and the acute part lasted 2-4mths with residual reoccurring symptoms stretching well over a year. It was like I had to learn to do everything in life again as if I had a severe brain injury.

I got tossed in jail over a long weekend years ago. I was on oxy 300mg a day and 5mg of clonazepam. I was having small seizures and the guards laughed when my cell mate or i asked for a doctor. I was seeing things that wasn't there, just out of my mind. First time i got withdrawals and it was hell. Girl in my cell had a bunch of crystal meth. Do NOT take meth in wd's. Made it 100x worse. My friend was waiting for me with my bottle of clonazepam and oxy. Took 2 days for the benxo wd to go. Oxy almost went away in 30 minutes.
After that i put my kpin dose to 0.5 3x a day.

I got tossed in jail over a long weekend years ago. I was on oxy 300mg a day and 5mg of clonazepam. I was having small seizures and the guards laughed when my cell mate or i asked for a doctor. I was seeing things that wasn't there, just out of my mind. First time i got withdrawals and it was hell. Girl in my cell had a bunch of crystal meth. Do NOT take meth in wd's. Made it 100x worse. My friend was waiting for me with my bottle of clonazepam and oxy. Took 2 days for the benxo wd to go. Oxy almost went away in 30 minutes.
High dose oxy withdrawal is really intense. I remember the first time I tried to get help for my addiction in 2000 or so. I was on about that dose. The psych doc gave me naltrexone. I was extremely young and desperate for help. The doc didn't explain how the medication was to be taken so as soon as I got home I dropped the naltrexone. Within 15mins I got hit with the worst Precipitated withdrawal. I lay in bed convulsing and hallucinating all night

When morning arrived my mom came in to make me get up to go to an NA meeting which I didn't want to do so she started slapping the shit out of me. I get up get in the car and we drive to meeting. The whole time I was hallucinating and thought we were going to my grandmother's house. When we got there my dad went inside and got some guy who took one look at me and informed him that they couldn't let me inside in my condition.

Writing this out made me realize that my mom was rather abusive to us. I always thought it was normal for moms to grab any thing in the house, electrical chords, rolling pins, whatever is near at hand and beat you with it. I probably deserved it but one time I got real fucked up on oxy and Xanax and I was passed out on my knees on the floor with my chest arms and head laying across the bed for basically the whole day.

When my mom got home she grabbed the back of my head by the hair and just started pounding the back of my head with her closed fist over and over again and when my mom gets mad she doesn't hold back. She'll put everything into it. Always biting her tongue as she swings. Then she just left me there for the rest of the night in a possibly deadly overdose.

How are people using oxy? While bioavailability is lower for the oxycodone if you swallow them, 10% of it will be converted to the x10 more potent oxymorphone.

That's why orally oxymorphone is only x2 oxycodone.

Truly, just take OCs as is - it gets a much larger areas 'under the curve'. Yesterday I took 20mg of OC and midnight and didn't take more for 15 hours. Yes, I was a bit achy but I stuck out the 1 hour the 30 took to begin working but I was fine in an hour - but I should add i AM taking it as prescribed.

Snorting OC in effect gives you about 30% less area under the curve compared with just swallowing the damned things. Slower, but the liver has a chance to perform first-pass metabolism so in fact you get a mix of oxyc and oxym - Now oxyM, THAT should be snorted as it's 2.5x more potent than oral.

How are people using oxy? While bioavailability is lower for the oxycodone if you swallow them, 10% of it will be converted to the x10 more potent oxymorphone.

That's why orally oxymorphone is only x2 oxycodone.

Truly, just take OCs as is - it gets a much larger areas 'under the curve'. Yesterday I took 20mg of OC and midnight and didn't take more for 15 hours. Yes, I was a bit achy but I stuck out the 1 hour the 30 took to begin working but I was fine in an hour - but I should add i AM taking it as prescribed.

Snorting OC in effect gives you about 30% less area under the curve compared with just swallowing the damned things. Slower, but the liver has a chance to perform first-pass metabolism so in fact you get a mix of oxyc and oxym - Now oxyM, THAT should be snorted as it's 2.5x more potent than oral.
I used to do both until I realized that crushing and swallowing are the best way. I no longer do oxy though.

Worst withdrawal I ever saw was this girl who was wding off Nubian and large Xanax doses. She was building film sets in her living room with couch cushions and blankets and acting out scenes because she thought we were filming a reality show she was on.

She would fall over, shaking and yell "Cut! Take 2" and then get up crying and making excuses to imaginary directors in her head.This lasted for almost 2 weeks.
jesus fucking christ that's insane

This is a violation of the 8 th amendment which prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.

I have zero idea how this hasn’t been taken to the courts by now by someone

Yeah.... I was on 180mgs methadone and 6mg a day of Xanax or Klonopin. The withdrawal was unbearable and the acute part lasted 2-4mths with residual reoccurring symptoms stretching well over a year. It was like I had to learn to do everything in life again as if I had a severe brain injury.
2 to 4 months?

Like what did you do just lay in bed not sleeping feeling that shit for 2 months straight?

The one when the 5 inch mantis was looking down on me two feet away from my head on top of my bedpost hoping and praying for me to not die ...

at least, thats what I think it was doing

I used to do both until I realized that crushing and swallowing are the best way. I no longer do oxy though.

Believe me, just swallowing is better. Takes 30 minutes to feel it and peak plasma level at 120 minutes and that slow release means the liver gets to convert MORE oxycodone into oxymorphone. Crushed you get a 2 hour high which tails off to nothing. Just swallowed and you get just as much high (due to increased O-demethylation) which mellows to the 240 minute mark.

but NEVER believe that they las 12 hours, they do not. So instead of 40mg BID I take 30BID and 20mg at bedtime. People who take OC for a long time end up rattling from about the 10 hour mark and then you have to sit there for 2 hours to take pill and 30 minutes for it to work. I just do not feel 40mg gives a stronger high - slightly longer but not higher.

Believe me, just swallowing is better. Takes 30 minutes to feel it and peak plasma level at 120 minutes and that slow release means the liver gets to convert MORE oxycodone into oxymorphone. Crushed you get a 2 hour high which tails off to nothing. Just swallowed and you get just as much high (due to increased O-demethylation) which mellows to the 240 minute mark.

but NEVER believe that they las 12 hours, they do not. So instead of 40mg BID I take 30BID and 20mg at bedtime. People who take OC for a long time end up rattling from about the 10 hour mark and then you have to sit there for 2 hours to take pill and 30 minutes for it to work. I just do not feel 40mg gives a stronger high - slightly longer but not higher.
I meant to say just swallowing. I honestly haven't taken any oxy in like 18yrs and I probably never will again.

2 to 4 months?

Like what did you do just lay in bed not sleeping feeling that shit for 2 months straight?
I was in detox for 14 days. Then rehab for 60 days. Then I was staying at a halfway house. I was up and moving about. I had to do kitchen work. The halfway house was by the beach so I just spent a lot of time chilling there.

I've been withdrawing off methadone again. It's about 2 mths but except for maybe 2hrs broken sleep I haven't slept in 3.5 days.

I drank heavy the first week. Week 4 I went to Medellin Colombia did a bunch of other drugs now I'm back laying around. Going to have to start working soon.

I was in detox for 14 days. Then rehab for 60 days. Then I was staying at a halfway house. I was up and moving about. I had to do kitchen work. The halfway house was by the beach so I just spent a lot of time chilling there.

I've been withdrawing off methadone again. It's about 2 mths but except for maybe 2hrs broken sleep I haven't slept in 3.5 days.

I drank heavy the first week. Week 4 I went to Medellin Colombia did a bunch of other drugs now I'm back laying around. Going to have to start working soon.
What even do they do for you at detox when you are that sick? Tie you down to a bed? I’ve always had the luxury of tapering myself down as I saw fit so I’ve never been.

I’ve been trying to get off methadone forever and just stay stuck at like 5 to 10 mg because a disc is fucked in my back now and I have to work so as soon as it leaves my system the pain is so bad I just take it again

Last edited:
@LucidSDreamr

Yeah.... I was born missing half a disc in my back so I understand that. It really sucks too because that increased pain only last for a couple of months after cessation and then it usually gets better. In my experience regularly taking opioids increases ones pain. I never understood this till I got clean for 2yrs. I realized I was in more pain on methadone but I first had to go through a period of hypersensitivity to get to the otherside. The no sleep is the worst part about stopping methadone it's so much worse than other opioids.

They didn't taper the methadone but they did give me a brief Ativan taper. Then it was gabapentin during the day and Seroquel at night. My hands shook so bad that I couldn't really do anything with dexterity for 2-3 mths. Then I basically had alcoholic wet brain and anxiety from the benzodiazapines for a little over a year.

Last edited: