European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The What's Good on TV Thread Vs. S'all Good Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 stories high is brilliant. It was on late on BBC2 years ago and I still remember and think of the firework scene. Over in a flash but one of the funniest things I've seen on TV.

yeah that was quality just reminded me of it . THe kids upstairs had a Wu Tang Poster on their door if i remember , that was about 2003 ?

Afternoon Knock, a few suggestions for ya -

Look Around You
The Peter Serafinowicz Show
Dawson Bros Funtime (iPlayer only I believe)
Life's Too Short
Bottom!

EDIT - Ignore Bottom, I clearly can't read!

Last edited:
Afternoon Knock, a few suggestions for ya -

Look Around You
The Peter Serafinowicz Show
Dawson Bros Funtime (iPlayer only I believe)
Life's Too Short
Bottom!

Yeah I've got Look Around You, it's great, I'll put it on my list.

Peter Serafinowicz - is that the guy Albion was saying is the greatest living comedian in the UK? I watched one of his shows and thought it was so-so. Sorry!

Dawsons Bros Funtime & Life's Too Short - will check them out.

Bottom - is on my list! Watched them all a few weeks ago. Fucking good though. Have you seen the Bottom Live shows?

EDIT Actually I've seen Life's Too Short. Was OK but I didn't think it was one of Gervais's best pieces of work.

^ Look Around You was brilliant. Didn't quite get on so well with The Peter Searfiniwcz Show but was decent all the same. Life's Too Short was brilliant and anything with Rik & Ade is worth a watch (as long as you like any of their other stuff). I always like that Alan B'Stard one that Rik Mayall did but not sure how well it would stand up given it's political stuff. Although Tories are always cunts so just mentally switch the names of the ones mentioned in it for their latterday replacements and it's all pretty much the same :D

Yeah I've been watching The New Statesman recently, Shammy, it is pretty funny and isn't at all dated.

One more suggestion - Friday Night Dinner. The first series was a little hit and miss but I thought it really upped its game in series 2.

Yeah that's on my list too. Read the list! I even put it in alphabetical order for you ;)

^ I liked that a lot more than I expected too, Curious. Not seen the second series yet but really liked the first. Nice update on a proper oldskool sitcom-type format, I though. Should've been horrible but had me genuinely laughing out loud in places. "Dopey Dad" characters have been done to death but that one is quality :D

Yeah that's on my list too. Read the list! I even put it in alphabetical order for you ;)

Bloody hell, don't know what's up with me today. I'm blaming the fact that I'm ten hours into a twelve hour shift. That and a lack of teh drugz...

Still Game is one, I think. The same fellas are in a couple other ones too that are worth a looksee.

Chewin' the Fat is the other one. And I should add Limmy's Show and Rab C Nesbit to my list too.

Them's the fellas, Knock. And the one Rab C used to be one of many sketches in... Naked TV or summat? Can't recall. Was one I used to absolutely adore many, many years ago that I barely remember other than it was on C4 late at night but MamaSham taped it for me. Early 80s. Think it was called SAS or SOS. Summat like that but buggered if I can recall what the acronym stood for. Was one of those fairly early "alternative" comedy sketch shows where most involved went on to bigger and better things whilst that one got forgotten about. And in similar vein, Not the Nine O'Clock News stands up pretty well. Fry & Laurie too. Been watching clips of both on PooToob recently and reminded me how great they were.

Close... Naked Video.

Not the Nine O'Clock News - got it, I'll add to my list.

Fry and Laurie - yes, I've seen it but deserves a rewatch.

SAS/SOS? sounds interesting but I've no idea what it might be?

Is annoying me I can't remember the name of it too, Knock. Was one of the very early C4 latenight comedy shows and was never repeated so is right on the edge of memory. I do remember one of the regular sketches involved pandas and was hysterical. At least it was when I was seven. Am pootling about PooToob hoping to stumble across it but maybe somebody else will remember?

EDIT: Oh dear oh dear oh dear, Brimz. I can but hope that was sarcasm. I loathe and despise Only Fools & Horses with a passion. How anbody can bear to watch it I will never know. Utter dross :p

EDIT: Oh dear oh dear oh dear, Brimz. I can but hope that was sarcasm. I loathe and despise Only Fools & Horses with a passion. How anbody can bear to watch it I will never know. Utter dross :p

Pure comic genius especially the early ones . Without a doubt one of the funniest things on T.V . Everyone knows a scene that will make em lol of that show it's timeless.

I've never managed to sit through more than ten minutes without wanting to kick a hole in the telly. Seriously cannot stand the thing. Annoys me just thinking that it exists in the same world as me :X

In properly classic comedy news, didn't notice Reggie Perrin on your list, Knock. A classic with good reason. Funny and intelligent - stands up a lot better than most from that era. Rising Damp was also pretty good but am a bit of a Leonard Rossiter fan.

We just agree to dis agree on this then yeah ?

oh yeah & Steptoe is that on their ?

Status
Not open for further replies.