• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The 'What Have You Bought Recently?' Thread - Because Summer Is a Show Off

I'm about a million times better at looking louche and aloof, and I've finally reached the average age bracket of the blokes in the goth room.

It'd be sensational. Shall we start a campaign? Or if that fails, just party in Tesco Extra?

Tehehe, good plan. I have been known to mooch around Tesco, quietly reminiscing and thinking "ooh, this must be where Room 3 was" etc. =D

Music box was more my thing. There was a ridiculous amount of open drug dealing in there, saw a guy get caught rolling a spliff once the bouncer asked him to roll him one then walked off.

Tsk. I remember when Music Box was the basement of Jilly's and not a separate venue. Only just, mind, but I remember.

Open drug dealing was pretty rife at Jilly's too - you just avoided whichever bouncers were known to be dicks. Open sex on the floor was also pretty popular, I can attest. 8)

Nah, I don't remember quite that far back. I only went to Music Box once for Mr. Scruff and wasn't massively impressed.. suspect I missed out on some cracking nights there, though.

A quite strange girl from my GFs house came out to music box with us once, when she asked for ear plugs and was told they didn't have any she demanded her money back as it was too loud then went home :D some people eh

I reckon it's one of the top 10 buzzkills to see ravers in clubs with earplugs. It's not for the likes of you, piss off!

Hee, I went to a psytrance night with a friend recently and she forgot her earplugs and spent a few hours asking around local bars to try and buy some.. which seemed a bit excessive as it wasn't even that loud. (And sorry spuddie - I do usually try to wear earplugs but rarely do if I'm on owt.)

I've never bothered with ear plugs but know a couple people who do

A few times i wish i had bothered with them, been to some nights where the rig was eq'd so badly the treble on certain tracks was so sharp it made me almost flinch and cover my ears which rarely happens, had even worse tinnitus for days after that

I never bothered with them either. they prob worth it though depending how much you go to gigs, etc.

the cheap ear plugs are not as good. according to 2 someone it really worth to spend the extra $$ on good ear-plugs.

Try standing inches in front of the PA for the whole of a My Bloody Valentine gig for two nights running with no earplugs. Gigs where earplugs were given away at the door for fear of lawsuits.

You club kidz don't know you're born. ;)

You need ear plugs at doof's to try and sleep. The bass travels through the ground and thumps under your mattress back at the tent.

Valium is more effective than ear plugs.

I settled on our new apartment last night. And I bought some endone from the chemist

Try standing inches in front of the PA for the whole of a My Bloody Valentine gig for two nights running with no earplugs. Gigs where earplugs were given away at the door for fear of lawsuits.

You club kidz don't know you're born. ;)

Still waiting for the 'you made me realise' holocaust moment to send me totally deaf. Had the chance a bit ago, but had grave shit to be dealing with which prevented me.

Spent every week 2003 - 2010 dancing by rigs and am pretty functional in that regard (Valve soundsystem would make the cup shake in your hand). Like Dan said though, it's only shitty EQd rigs that'll cause you lasting problems (Or MBV;)). You should be wearing earplugs in your local 'Dempster's, or whatever, and not just because of the music.

i brought two ash-trays today cbf uploading pic but they're cool

Might ask for earplugs at work. I work at a nightclub glass collecting, and frequently have to bend down right near the speakers to pick up glasses off the floor. It's bad for my hearing.

Patchouli? Christ, yeah, was gonna say.. that smell still reminds me of Jilly's in the 90s.

Aah, patchouli is still one of my all time favourite scents (up there with Obsession and White Musk). I remember my mum asking me what I was wearing one day - I said 'it's what hippies wear to cover the smell of pot!'. So she said 'why are you wearing it then?'. She always managed to miss the point my mum did :\

Still waiting for the 'you made me realise' holocaust moment to send me totally deaf. Had the chance a bit ago, but had grave shit to be dealing with which prevented me.

That's a shame. You should definitely experience it at least once. :)

It was funny to see how the crowd thinned out. The first ten to fifteen minutes were just there to wear these people down, then after that - well, I ended up dancing to a beat that wasn't 'there' and hearing all the harmonics 'n' shit. Blissful and exhausting at the same time.

One of the nights, I went home, put the telly on and Steve Martin in Roxanne made me burst into tears. I mean, come on.

Side-effect was that the sound of something a quarter of a mile away would be deafening while close up sounds were heard at normal volume, which was weird. Lasted about a week.

I just acquired an e-cig. Went for the Green Smoke starter kit.

Seems alright so far... battery had some charge but will be giving it a go with a fully charged one in a bit. Was nice to have a 'smoke' without it irritating my lungs too much although my peak flow still went down for 30 mins or so.

Last edited:
New t-shirt %)

30397350.jpg